Essence 6
Topic Author
Title: Splinter of Mokrelus
Exalt: Elemental
Fighting Style: Spell-Fu
Artifact: The Crucible of Tarim

The Dynasty's Shadowed Light Versus The Fourth Wall: A Story

29 Jul 2007, 02:12

The Following Takes Place After The Dynasty’s Shadowed Light, Part 25.

Read that first. Seriously. I mean it.

Also, there is slightly coarser language in this than I typically use. Just a note.

Also, I have no idea what the hell I was thinking when I wrote this. I just felt that something this diseased should not remain on my computer, gathering digital dust.

-----

“And you, go look in on Cynis Hadrian. He brews a beautiful cup of tea. I’ll need that for my empire.” Mnemon gestured, and the last of her elementals flitted away. It was done. Everyone of importance was warned, for good or ill. She turned to Sorrow, who had passed out from boredom during the recitation. “Oh, wake up. We’ve got to –”

“Right! Stop! Everyone just stop right there!”

Mnemon looked up in surprise as Tepet Fokuf strode into the room, arms waving, looking extremely cross. The Regent was as angry as she’d ever seen him, even including the various spying attempts – it went without saying that he’d never been angry at her before. She spoke dryly. “Well, if it isn’t Regent Fuck-off. What do you want, baldy?”

“I want you out of my story.” Fokuf waved his hands in a shooing motion. “Go on, get.”

“Excuse me?” Mnemon’s eyebrows shot up her forehead.

“I mean it. Don’t make me go Panic Monkey on your ass. I want my story back.” Fokuf paced back and forth. “I mean, seriously. First chapter was going great – sure, there were a couple of parts I wasn’t in, but I was being discussed in one and my opponents were in the other. It works, you know? It’s important to have an idea of what the villains are up to.”

“Ahem.” Mnemon’s voice was frosty. “I am not a villain.”

“Sure, hon.” Fokuf smiled innocently for a moment, but then resumed scowling. “Chapter Two started to go downhill. I should have seen the signs, really. I was only the focus of three parts, and mentioned in three more. There was an entire segment that had nothing to do with me. Not good. And then Chapter 3! All this Sidereal stuff! I ask you, is it called The Dynasty’s Shadowed Stars? No, it damned well isn’t!”

“Take it up with Kejak.”

Fokuf ignored Sorrow’s quiet suggestion. “I was only in two segments in all of Chapter 3. They introduced a new character who isn’t even going to reappear until the Third Age, for crying out loud! But I have had enough. Out! All of you! This is my story!”

“It’s mine now.” Mnemon shrugged lazily. “I deserve it, I’m a more interesting main character, and, to be blunt, I’m a lot stronger than you. So why don’t you piss off and let me take over the show, hm?”

Fokuf’s expression closed, and he stepped forwards. “That tears it. Madame Mnemon, you leave me no other choice.”

Mnemon stepped forwards to meet him, eye to eye. “No other choice than what, shrimp?”

“Weapon-Appropriating Frenzy!” As he spoke, Fokuf’s hand darted out, and he grabbed the thurible hanging from Mnemon’s belt. He danced backwards, clutching it gleefully.

“You give that back, you little runt!” Mnemon’s daiklave slammed into the ground where Fokuf had been standing. As he retreated, he shouted over his shoulder.

“Wings of Panic Manuevering! Panic Monkey Form! You’ll never catch me, copper-hair!”

“You are so dead!”

The two raced from the room. Mnemon’s angry cries floated in from down the corridor, accompanied by the sound of smashing crockery. For a moment, Sorrow watched them go, and then he blinked in surprise.

“That’s odd. The point of view seems to have stayed with me.” He grinned abruptly. “Brilliant! It appears that I’m the new main character, for as long as the story lasts. Well, I’ve got the most wonderful joke. Two ghosts walk into a bar. The first ghost says to the bartender, ‘Get me a nice glass of –’”
"Some people walk in the rain. Others merely get wet."

Patchwork Champions - You say "to-ma-toe", I say "world-ravaging-laser-beam".

Deaths Pale Mistress
Essence 7
Essence 7
Title: Deathlord-Empress of the Underworld
Exalt: Ghost
Fighting Style: Close-quarters combat
Artifact: The Kiss of Midnight

Re: The Dynasty's Shadowed Light Versus The Fourth Wall: A Story

29 Jul 2007, 05:43

LOL Thats awesome.
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Dinosaur
Essence 10
Essence 10
Title: Social Justice Kaiju
Exalt: Lunar
Fighting Style: Natural Weapons
Artifact: Audient Quill

29 Jul 2007, 10:17

I hear that the Neverborn like to slap comedians with Resonance. He had better hope the joke wasn't really all that funny... or is it that Resonance makes it that way? Ah, well. <^_^>
I write stories. No, really.

Deaths Pale Mistress
Essence 7
Essence 7
Title: Deathlord-Empress of the Underworld
Exalt: Ghost
Fighting Style: Close-quarters combat
Artifact: The Kiss of Midnight

29 Jul 2007, 11:08

The last time the Neverborn handed out Resonance like candy was when Rodney Dangerfield died. Even in Death he still got no respect.
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

BrilliantRain
Essence 8
Essence 8
Title: The City of Mod
Exalt: Alchemical
Fighting Style: Primordial-Machine Weaving
Artifact: Eye of Autochthon

29 Jul 2007, 11:58

heheheheheh.

On the upside though, if they only want to take out the top 100 people in the Realm, The Regent probably isn't on the list. You know, if they succeed to any degree with their plan of scourging, the Regent might be able to openly take over. Which would be rather funny.

Mod Text is in Green

Do you have enough Tools, King of All Craftsmen?

Epiphany
Essence 7
Essence 7
Title: Resident Novelist
Exalt: Sidereal
Fighting Style: Running the hell away
Artifact: My Lower Soul

02 Aug 2007, 00:27

The amusing thing about this is, despite its tongue-in-cheekness, the personality of the characters came across well. Hah.

Also, I totally know how that is. Righteous Steel was supposed to be about just Chen and Kestrel. Seras was supposed to be a cameo. And Epiphany was supposed to be one-dimensional comic relief.

...boy, that happened.

Anyway, fun, fun piece. It's good to poke fun at yourself.
BrilliantRain: There are those who would note that sometimes, sometimes, you get the things you really need instead of the things you deserve.
Kailan: If people only ever got what they deserved, the world would be a more miserable place.

My Novels / My Series / My Short Stories