Essence 7
Topic Author
Title: Resident Novelist
Exalt: Sidereal
Fighting Style: Running the hell away
Artifact: My Lower Soul

Dude, Where's My Manse?

21 Jun 2009, 01:04

Reposted from the drabble thread, edited a little bit and fleshed out a little bit. Expect this to be exactly as ridiculous as you might think. Note: While Kailan owns Adamant Silver, she cannot be held responsible for either Adamant Silver's actions or the way I (badly) characterize her.

Edit: To be clear, there will be more posts.

Epiphany yawned and realized something was wrong when her jaw hurt. She blinked blearily at the dim crystal-lit jail cell of Yu-Shan...then realized she was in a dim crystal-lit jail cell in Yu-Shan. "Why the fuck am I in a dim crystal-lit jail cell in Yu-Shan?"

"Who talks like that? Seriously."

The grumpy, still-sleepy voice that answered the Chosen of Endings could only belong to one woman. Sure enough, Epiphany found Adamant Silver on the other bench, rolled over on her side and groaning. The Chosen of Journeys was a tall, limber woman with unnaturally white skin covered in some of the hottest Moonsilver tattoos ever seen off a Lunar. Her eyes were usually a rich, gorgeous amber but at the moment they looked rather bloodshot when the other Sidereal looked at Epiphany. Adamant Silver yawned, then blinked again.

"What?" Epiphany sat up and moaned at the ache in her neck. Fuck, she was stiff. ...no, she was bruised. What the fuck had she been doing last night? Her neck hurt, and not a muscle kind of hurt either. And Silver hadn't stopped looking at her! "I got something on my face?"

Adamant Silver snickered. "You, uh, got a little...yeah, right there on your cheek."

Epiphany reached up and smudged something dried across her fingertips. Wrinkling her nose in disgust, she realized it looked like gold paint. At least she hoped it was paint. That's when she realized Adamant had rolled her head back to stretch her own neck, showing off a rather nice set of hickey marks. "Whoa, someone got fresh with you last night!"

"Really?" Adamant rubbed her neck, winced then grinned. "I'm not the only one. You look like you got a black eye and...did you bruise your jaw? What the hell were you doing? I know you've got a big mouth, Pips, but you really should watch what you put in it."

"Fuck you," Epiphany said. "So seriously, what WERE we doing last night? To be honest, I was so fucking wasted, I have no clue."

"Hmmm...well, I'm missing my underwear," the other Sidereal said, just noticing. Judging by her expression, she wasn't sure what to think about that.

"...fuck, me too," Epiphany said. "I thought it felt a little breezy. Hope someone's enjoying it. When do you think they'll let us out, anyway?"

"Hard to say," Adamant said, shrugging her shoulders. "Depends on what we did. Knowing us, it's...really hard to say." The Chosen of Journeys smiled wolfishly. "Hope it was worth it. I just wish I could remember what we did."

"...hey, check this shit out!" Epiphany said, pulling an oricalcum ticket out of her pocket. "Holy fuck, this is a favor from Plentimon! Redeemable upon demand! I fucking rolled Plentimon last night!"

Adamant checked her own pockets and came up with three golden tickets. Epiphany found one more in her shoe and another down her shirt. As the two Sidereals wondered what they could possibly have done to earn a total of 6 Favors from the God of Gambling, the door to the jails opened. Both women glanced up to see the doorway filled with the tremendous statue-like form of a Celestial Lion. It looked down upon both women, its towering gleaming burnished hide shining in the dim lighting of the jail.

Then it sniffled as it padded its way over to their cell and unlocked the doors.

"...the fuck, did you just sniffle?"

"You are both released, per orders of Oversight. You are not, however, forgiven." One enormous paw rose, powerful enough to swat either of them right through the building. Instead of striking, it covered the Lion's face in a motion that looked suspiciously like wiping away tears. The Celestial Lion coughed once, loudly. Then in a weak, trembling voice it said, "I hope you're proud of what you've done."

Both Sidereals just stared as it turned around and walked out. The jail cell door almost swung close before they both jumped forward and caught it before it locked again. Epiphany yawned again before catching Adamant Silver's eye. They stared at each other now, both straining to remember what they'd been up to the previous night. Epiphany shook her head. Nothing came up. That was when she realized someone had taken a black felt marker and drawn a treasure map on the Chosen of Journeys' left arm by playing connect-the-dots with her moonsilver tattoos. The way Adamant couldn't stop snickering at Epiphany's hair made the Chosen of Endings wonder if someone had done something similar to her.

The bright sunlight of Heaven made them both squint and they blinked furiously. "Well, the Sun's still in the lead so it couldn't have been too out of control, could it?" Epiphany asked.

"Girl, your guess is as good as mine. Maybe we shouldn't have had so much rum."

"You watch your fucking mouth," Epiphany snarled.

"Sorry, I wasn't thinking," Adamant said, snickering.

"Hey, let's go to my place and grab some breakfast before work. Sound good?"

"Sure!"

Both Sidereals caught the nearest quicksilver canal taxi and made good time, laughing, joking and gradually putting the wild night they couldn't remember behind them. Their laughter ended when they got out at Epiphany's doorstep. So they'd had a really wild night, gotten drunk, gotten into trouble, got locked up and kicked out of the jail. A little unusual but par for the course. Plentimon owing them favors? Celestial Lions crying because of what they'd done? Okay, a little more unusual. Nothing topped this, though.

Epiphany shook her head. Then she said, "Dude, where's my Manse?"
Last edited by Epiphany on 02 Mar 2010, 19:31, edited 2 times in total.
BrilliantRain: There are those who would note that sometimes, sometimes, you get the things you really need instead of the things you deserve.
Kailan: If people only ever got what they deserved, the world would be a more miserable place.

My Novels / My Series / My Short Stories

drakensis
Essence 2
Essence 2
Exalt: Dragon-Blooded

Re: Dude, Where's My Manse?

21 Jun 2009, 02:21

...oops.
Though the Five-Score Fellowship has no overt inkling of the upcoming Reclamation, Arcadelt, the God of World-Shattering Events, has cheerfully noted that he has been steadily increasing in personal puissance for the past five years. Needless to say, this has the vast majority of Heaven very worried.
- MoEP: Infernals

Dinosaur
Essence 10
Essence 10
Title: Social Justice Kaiju
Exalt: Lunar
Fighting Style: Natural Weapons
Artifact: Audient Quill

21 Jun 2009, 12:43

"Gold paint"... embarassed Celestial Lion... ^VVVVV^
I write stories. No, really.

Kailan
Essence 7
Essence 7
Title: Pattern Spider
Exalt: God
Fighting Style: I will nom your tasty paradox

21 Jun 2009, 12:56

...They are so getting audited.
Text in red is modvoice.

(11:18:32 PM) Xanti: The Bronze Faction does not care about your stupid anathema feefees.

This signature was foretold... BY GYROMANCY.

Ratix
Essence 3
Essence 3

26 Jun 2009, 14:45

OMG... I remember watching this movie three times in a row in a single evening. No other living soul on earth with the odd exception of my mom (who watched with me) seems to regard that as a good idea. Still, funny as hell movie.

This can only end in awesome.

Epiphany
Essence 7
Essence 7
Topic Author

23 Feb 2010, 01:16

The two Sidereals stared mutely at the completely flat city block that once held Epiphany's Manse. Once a massive, grim monolith of a Lunar-aspected Manse, the forbidding fortress had suited Epiphany's last life. Epiphany mostly used it to store her shit. Well, that and thrashing the place with fantastic parties. Having a party so fantastic the Manse itself hadn't come home from last night was something else, though.

"Where's my Manse?" Epiphany said, just...staring.

"Uh, where is your Manse, Pips?" Adamant Silver said. The pretty Chosen of Journeys yawned before saying "Ow, fuck!" when she popped her jaw.

"This isn't funny, Silver, where the fuck is my Manse?"

"I don't know, did you take its keys so it couldn't take a cloud home last night?" Adamant Silver said, a bit grouchily though the way she rubbed her jaw probably had something to do with that.

"Fuck we were wasted. Okay, okay, okay think!" Epiphany grabbed her companion by the shoulders and shook her slightly. "We gotta get back in the frame of mind we were in last night. Can you do that?"

"I don't know, do you have more rum?"

"Focus, Silver, focus."

The Chosen of Journeys rolled lovely eyes the shade of honey and shrugged. "Well, if you want to remember shit, you know what we have to do."

"Fuuuuuuuuck, I don't want to go to a fucking Oracle about this. You know they're gonna laugh."

"You assume they've ever stopped laughing since you got here."

"Point," Epiphany acknowledged. "But fuck the Bureau of Secrets. Let's go talk to Heart Wrought Silver."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Golden Dragon, Heaven's Own Lunar, held a position in the Bureau of Fate that was a bit of ambassador crossed with political attache. What it meant was the young Waxing Moon Caste was the Bureau's bitch. But who wasn't? At least she had a nice townhouse. It wasn't a Manse but both Sidereals had crashed there a number of times. The three were collectively best friends, though lately Heart Wrought Silver had been distracted by her pet Abyssal project/subject/love-toy. Granted, the chains were a sexy turn on but the man was probably busy meditating on top of the Imperial Mountain. Fervent Dissent of the Grave's Embrace was a former Immaculate and you know what that meant? Not fun at parties. Thankfully Heart Wrought Silver was.

"Silver!" Adamant Silver yelled when the gorgeous Lunar answered the door.

"Silver!" Heart Wrought Silver yelled back. Both women embraced until Epiphany tackled them both through the doorway.

"So, that was one hell of a party last night, wasn't it?" Heart Wrought Silver said. "I mean, it was tight. The music was like Gaia's pulse, just boom boom."

"What?" Epiphany asked. "You remember last night? What the fuck did we do?"

"What didn't you do?" The Lunar laughed. Then she stopped laughing. "You seriously don't remember? ...wait, neither of you is listening to me, okay, c'mon girls, we've been talking for 60 seconds and you're already looking for the rum?"

"Huh? I don't know what you're talking about," the Chosen of Journeys said, caught with her hand in the cabinet. "I was just looking for a glass. Thirsty. You know, some water would be nice."

"And your excuse, Pips?" the Waxing Moon said, placing her hands on her hips as Epiphany emerged from the couch, triumphant, bottle clutched in hand.

"Why the fuck would I need an excuse to drink? Besides, we gotta get back into the mind set we were in last night. If we were wasted, clearly getting wasted again will help us remember. Ah ah ah!" she yelled when Heart Wrought Silver opened her mouth to speak. "Do not argue with my logic! It is undeniable! It is unassailable! It is not just better than your logic, it will kick the fucking shit out of your logic, then punch it until it cries, then it'll take it's lunch money." Both women just stared at her until Epihpany gave them a sullen "Fuck you" and started drinking.

"Anyway, you think you can help us remember?" Adamant Silver said to Heart Wrought Silver.

"Have a seat, let me see if I can find a memory stone or something."

"Hey, when did you get a dog?" Both Silver's looked where Epiphany pointed. The large dog was actually a wolf, with a silver coat and winking yellow eyes. As the watched, the dog tilted its head to the side and actually popped its own neck before settling back down on the couch. With a nearly full bottle of rum in front of it. "Holy shit, that's a-"

"Uh, Pips, I wouldn't," the Lunar said. "Fury is kinda-"

But it was too late. The small Chosen of Endings snatched up the bottle of rum only to face a snarling, ravenously dangerous wolf. Epiphany froze, hand on the bottle, as the silver wolf threatened her with death. With a slight toss of its head toward the bottle, all three women understood at once that the bottle was sancrosanct and would not help them remember last night. It would also not be nearly enough booze to drown out the pain Epiphany faced if she didn't let it go right now.

Epiphany obeyed. The wolf settled down. Then it put the head of the bottle in its mouth, worked the cork out with a tooth and threw its head back. Slowly, chug by chug, it drained the entire bottle of rum. And then it settled back down on the couch and went back to what it was doing before it was interrupted; sleeping.

"That is one psycho dog," Epiphany said.

"It's a wolf," both Silvers said at the same time.

"Whatever, you know what would be great right now?"

"Food?" Adamant Silver asked hopefully. They'd still missed breakfast.

"No. More fucking rum but I guess I'll have to settle for breakfast. C'mon girls, let's get takeout."
Last edited by Epiphany on 02 Mar 2010, 19:20, edited 1 time in total.
BrilliantRain: There are those who would note that sometimes, sometimes, you get the things you really need instead of the things you deserve.
Kailan: If people only ever got what they deserved, the world would be a more miserable place.

Kailan
Essence 7
Essence 7

23 Feb 2010, 09:39

Hahaha, yes! I've been hoping you would come back to this.
Text in red is modvoice.

(11:18:32 PM) Xanti: The Bronze Faction does not care about your stupid anathema feefees.

Dinosaur
Essence 10
Essence 10
Title: Social Justice Kaiju
Exalt: Lunar
Fighting Style: Natural Weapons
Artifact: Audient Quill

23 Feb 2010, 11:14

GET THE CHIARAOSCURO TAKEOUT
BREATH FIRE LIKE HESIESH
I write stories. No, really.

TLM
Master Cartographer
Title: Cynic
Exalt: Alchemical
Fighting Style: All-encompassing Scholar Style

23 Feb 2010, 11:39

Woot! More dude, where's my manse! I approve immensely. :^_^:
Ceterum censeo grognardinem esse delendam
-Cato the Gamer

Drink is a curse upon the land. It makes you fight with your neighbour. It makes you shoot at your land-lord. And it makes you miss him.
-Old Irish Proverb.

Mortals aren't useless!

lumber_of_the_beast
Essence 6
Essence 6
Title: The Most Se.... never mind.
Exalt: Abyssal
Fighting Style: Dodge Charms

23 Feb 2010, 15:52

...Question, Pips. Do you have any clue where the manse went?

Epiphany
Essence 7
Essence 7
Topic Author

24 Feb 2010, 12:50

Kailan: Expect more wacky hijinks to ensue. With some differences from the movie. As you may have already noticed, all of the completely stupid things BOTH main characters did in the movie will likely be handled by Pips.

Dinosaur: I have no intention of having fire breathing in this story. But you're probably citing something I haven't seen or read, I'm probably missing the point. :)

TLM: Glad you approve! There will be more. Oh yes, there will be more.

Lumber of the Beast: You may be surprised by this answer but where the Manse went is actually one of the least important things to figure out. The point isn't to solve the mystery, the point is to revel in the combination of spectacular stupidity seasoned with ample gawking.

I'll have to post the guideline/outline I wrote up for writing this at some point, so that anyone can write a Dude, Where's My <Insert Missing Thing Here>. It's easier than you think.

Epiphany
Essence 7
Essence 7
Topic Author

24 Feb 2010, 12:53

I realize I didn't really answer the question. Apologies.

To be perfectly clear, I have absolutely no clue what will happen in the next chapter, let alone what happened to the Manse.

Epiphany
Essence 7
Essence 7
Topic Author

02 Mar 2010, 08:12

"Holy shit, is that Navia?"

Adamant Silver, Epiphany and Heart-Wrought Silver looked across their small cafe table at the Chosen of Secrets quietly sipping tea while reading a book. Iselsi Navia was an especially noteworthy Manager of the Capital Convention, which was another way of saying she was a complete bitch to Epiphany. She was also better looking than any of the women at the table, which naturally made her more of a bitch. The fact that she was completely indifferent to any ire directed at her finalized her bitch status. It was a kind of Triforce of bitchness. By her powers combined, she was super-bitch!

Of course, Epiphany could be biased. But that went without saying.

"What's the Ice Queen doing at a cafe anyway?" Adamant Silver asked, raising a sexy-silvery eyebrow.

"The fuck if I know," Epiphany said.

"Hey, she could just be having some tea or something," Heart Wrought Silver said. The gorgeous Waxing Moon looked vaguely offended.

"This is Navia we're talking about," Epiphany said, pointing emphatically. "Have you ever seen her get tea in public? She works or she hangs out in that Manse of hers. There can only be one reason she's having tea here; it's part of some ridiculously complicated, overarching plot meant to manipulate everyone here, plus seven other people who aren't."

Both women just stared at her.

"Watch, I'll show you. Hey Navia!"

Everyone at the table groaned as Epiphany grabbed her chair and scooted it over a little closer to the Manager of the Capital Convention. The beautiful redheaded Oracle simply lifted one red eyebrow in a speculative look of inquiry. Epiphany cleared her throat, opened her mouth, then took a drink of whatever the hell this place served to clear her throat. Swallowing, she held up one finger, asking for a moment. Navia granted it with an increasingly amazed look of incredulity.

"Thanks. So, what the fuck is going on? I know you, boss, you don't eat in public. This has to be part of some ridiculously complicated, overarching plot meant to manipulate everyone here, plus seven other people who aren't. Start at the beginning. You picked this cafe for a reason, right? You want to be seen. That's step 1."

Navia smirked and said, "And then?"

"Step 2 is waiting for them to come into position. I'm betting that's us, though it could also be half the Gods in this cafe."

Navia nodded. "And then?"

"And then, um, well you wait for us to show up and here we are."

"And then?"

"And then we notice you, just like we did!"

"And then?" Navia asked, arching that red eyebrow. Epiphany hated the eyebrow, in no small part because she couldn't do it, even after practicing it in the mirror.

"And then, you...hey I know, then you tell us what the fuck happened to my Manse!"

"And then?"

"No 'and then', tell me where the fuck my Manse is, bitch!"

Navia's smirk widened. "And then?"

"Then I go and find it, wherever the fuck it wound up. How the fuck do you even move a Manse? Did you move my Manse? You did, didn't you?"

"And then?"

"Mela's Panties, you're behind everything! You orchestrated it all, last night, the Celestial Lions, my fucking hangover, all of it! Sweet Saturn, are you really responsible for everything that's happened? Everything?"

Navia briefly covered her mouth with her hand. She took a moment. Then she simply said, "And then?"

"You know what, I refuse to play your fucking mind games. No 'And then', just tell me the truth!"

"And then?"

"...good point, even if you told me the truth, what the fuck good would that do me? You've out-thought me at every end, you've planned for this contingency, haven't you? Let me guess, no matter what I ask you, I'm still not going to see the whole of your plot. Shit. You're good, I mean fuck you are good!" Epiphany threw down some Quintessence coins on Navia's table and said, "You may be a psycho bitch but props to you, you're smarter than I can even imagine. Tea's on me, out of respect. I'm coming back to you, though, once I've figured out your little plot here. I'll show you you're not the only smart Sidereal around!" Then the small Chosen of Endings craned her neck back at her two friends and said, "Come on, guys, let's roll!"

After the three friends left, the waiter came by to Navia's table and collected the money for the tea. He noticed something surprising, though; Iselsi Navia was trying, and failing, to contain fits of giggling laughter.

"...Ma'am, are you okay? Epiphany didn't bother you, did she? What'd she want?"

Iselsi Navia finally mastered her composure, lifted both eyebrows and said in a very even voice, "I really have no idea."
Last edited by Epiphany on 02 Mar 2010, 19:20, edited 1 time in total.

TLM
Master Cartographer
Title: Cynic
Fighting Style: All-encompassing Scholar Style

02 Mar 2010, 08:53

:lol:

Brilliant!! Poor, poor Pip... :^_^: I'd quote my favourite parts, but I'd just be re-posting the whole thing.
Ceterum censeo grognardinem esse delendam
-Cato the Gamer

Drink is a curse upon the land. It makes you fight with your neighbour. It makes you shoot at your land-lord. And it makes you miss him.
-Old Irish Proverb.

Mortals aren't useless!

Kailan
Essence 7
Essence 7

02 Mar 2010, 10:05

Epic Manipulation: When simply by your presence, you can convince people there was a Just As Planned even when there wasn't.
Text in red is modvoice.

lumber_of_the_beast
Essence 6
Essence 6
Title: The Most Se.... never mind.
Exalt: Abyssal
Fighting Style: Dodge Charms

02 Mar 2010, 15:18

...So, Navia manipulated Epiphany into paying for her tea.

JUST AS PLANNED?

Epiphany
Essence 7
Essence 7
Topic Author

02 Mar 2010, 19:30

TLM: I'm glad you enjoyed it. Epiphany is hilariously easy to write when she's making a complete idiot of herself. Given she's my namesake on the forum and within the Exalted community, I'm not sure what that says about me...

Kailan: Epiphany has a Perception+Investigation pool of about, um, 6 for Reading Motivation. Navia's reflexive defense of Manipulation+Socialize/2 is 8. That entirely explains how this interaction went down.

Lumber of the Beast: Kind of. It'd be more accurate to say that Epiphany manipulated herself into paying for Navia's tea, largely without any input of any meaningful kind from Navia. Much to Navia's amusement and wonder.

Kailan
Essence 7
Essence 7

02 Mar 2010, 19:36

I know, it's hilarious. XD I sat there thinking "....Wait did she just headwhammy HERSELF into paying for Navia's tea? Wow."
Text in red is modvoice.

Fenris
DOOM HAS-Ohlookit Shinies!
Title: Sleepy Zenith
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Sorcery and Pillow Charms
Artifact: Glorious Solar Comforter

02 Mar 2010, 20:59

I couldn't stop laughing/chuckling throughout the entire story. Though I must say, I liked Navia's short exchange with the waiter at the end the most.
Zhao Yi, "Venus! Will you look at the size of this closet?"
Midnight Rose, "Sifu, we're looking for booze here."

Current story is Sun and Stars which can be found in my notebook.

Epiphany
Essence 7
Essence 7
Topic Author

09 Aug 2011, 00:16

The streets of Yu-Shan were literally paved with gold. Gold bricks, to be exact. For some reason, Epiphany and Adamant Silver felt compelled to follow it. Presumably, that explained why they stood facing one of Heaven's 11,912,422 plazas. This particular one was filled with small Gods shorter than Epiphany, every one of them dressed in green and singing something in a shrill voice.

"Why does that sound like a musical?" Adamant Silver said, popping her neck, then yawning. "Ow, what did I do to my jaw last night anyway?"

"The fuck if I know."

"...which question is th-"

"ALL QUESTIONS."

"Right. So...why do you think we'll find your Manse here?"

Epiphany looked around the plaza, then back the way they came. Then back at the plaza. She ended up turning all the way around looking vaguely like a dog chasing its tail. Presumably, that's why Adamant Silver laughed at her, until the Reckoner suddenly glared at the completely innocent-looking Harbinger.

"What?"

"Where the fuck are we?"

"You know what, I don't think I've ever been to this part of Yu-Shan before," Adamant Silver said, craning her head to look around. "...hey, is that Amilar?"

"Whoa, eye-candy coming through," Epiphany said, promptly whistling.

As if on cue, the tiny little singing green gods parted like a choreographed wave on cue. A man walked through their midst, though those three letters just didn't do him justice. It wasn't his silver hair, not worn short like a career soldier. Amilar was handsome in a way that could make a girl clench in all the right places but who wasn't in Yu-Shan? The soft crimson hue of his eyes added a signature look only a Chosen of Battles could pull off. It was true that the glossy black leather of his military great coat fit perfectly with those shiny black boots and those tight leather pants.

Hot damn those were tight leather pants. Wait, did he usually wear leather pants? Was that why he wasn't wearing a shirt? Amilar was cold, efficient and utterly uninterested in showing off that so cut, so chiseled eight-pack abs he clearly had on display now.

That's when he waved.

"Did he just wave at us?" Adamant Silver whispered.

"No way! He would never wave at us." Epiphany blinked in sheer disbelief.

"Then why did he just wave at us?"

"I don't know, maybe he thinks we're other people." Epiphany paused as if reasoning on the subject. Since she never actually did that, instead she said "People he waves to..."

Abruptly, Amilar drew up in front of the two women. He swept his military greatcoat off his shoulders in a single motion, gathering it up in a bundle before tucking it under one athletic, completely ripped in that sexy not-bulky way men shouldn't be allowed to get. At the moment, the Chosen of Battles looked like nothing more than a beach bum with his glowingly tanned skin, smooth firm body, sexy sexy lips...

"You're talking out loud," Adamant Silver said, nudging the Chosen of Endings.

"Are you saying I'm loud?"

"When aren't you, Epiphany?" Amilar asked, looking down at her with a grin. ...a grin. The man never smiled, never.

"Hey f-you're so pretty," the short black-haired Sidereal said as she just gazed adoringly at the handsome man.

"Hi, Silver."

The Chosen of Journeys simply blushed by way of answering.

"I had a really good time with you last night," he said, those hard, cold features softening into something soft and warm. Something so soft and warm and oh so touchabl-

"Pips, you're doing it again!" Adamant Silver hissed.

"That was some crazy party, huh?" Amilar asked, eyes locked on the taller, beautifully exotic tattooed Harbinger.

"Hey, ah, have you seen her Manse?" Adamant Silver asked, her pale cheeks heating under the smolder of those burning wine-colored eyes.

"Well, I saw it last night." Amilar cleared his throat once and said, "I mean, I saw one of the guest rooms."

"I'm looking for the whole thing," Epiphany piped in.

"Why don't you just offer up another one of those dreamstones you were throwing around last night? All of Heaven would search for it if you had that as a prize."

"...what?" both women asked at once.

"The dreamstones? You know, the ones of you playing a turn of the Games of Divinity? You had like fifty of them, all different. Where'd you get them? You still haven't told me how you got the Incarna to let you into the Jade Pleasure Dome."

The two female Sidereals traded looks. It wasn't a fair exchange, for Adamant Silver's look was puzzled while Epiphany's was suspicious. Then they did a double-take and this time Adamant Silver was suspicious and Epiphany looked puzzled. The third time they both pointed at the other and looked suspicious. Turning back, they put their hands on their hips.

"Dreamstones of us playing the Games of Divinity?" Adamant Silver asked.

"Don't you remember the two of us watching it together?" Amilar asked, taking a step closer. The heat of his skin kissed her skin as the faint scent of a healthy, attractive man made love to her sense of smell. "Or what we did afterwards?"

"We, ah, did something afterwards?"

"You mean you don't remember anything?"

Adamant Silver could only shrug helplessly. Before she could respond and before Epiphany figured out how to pick her jaw up off the ground, a flare of sunlight made them all squint. The Unconquered Sun routinely kicked ass in the sky so that wasn't surprising. What differed was this sunlight came down on a cloud filled with very pissed women.

White mist spilled and broke across the gold brick road as three Solars hopped down. The Zenith Caste wore gleaming robes of Immaculate white. Beside her, the Twilight Caste bore the mons of House Cynis and wore a decidedly gorgeous dress by Creation's standards which meant she just looked poor here. Then there was the third woman, almost as short as Epiphany, black-skinned and radiating fury as only a Dawn Caste could. None of them bore weapons but the naked threat in their eyes and their animas spoke for them.

"Are these Sidereals bothering you, Amilar?" Iselsi Yezenjen asked, the white-robed monk stepping behind the handsome soldier, placing both hands around his arms and peering out from his right bicep.

"You can do better than girls like that," Tempest said, the Twilight Caste taking Amilar's left bicep and clinging.

"I suggest you go Avoid him," the Autumn Ruin said as she wrapped her arms around Amilar's absolutely chiseled waist-line.

"Ladies," Amilar said with a long suffering sigh.

"Next time we catch you bothering him..." Yezenjen said.

"Usurpation time!" they all chanted in unison.

The three possessive Solars half-dragged Amilar away, fawning over the completely hot Battles Caste as he looked back at them, long-suffering. Then he blew Adamant Silver a kiss before disappearing into the crowd. The munchk-er green-clad Gods went back to singing musicals and in moments one could almost imagine that moment of surreality had never happened.

Epiphany opened her mouth and managed to say "I-"

"Dibs," Adamant Silver said.

"FUCK."

"So where did we get dreamstones of us playing the Games?"

"And why don't we have them now?" Epiphany said. "Maybe we..." She drew a complete blank.

"This is simple. Where would we go if we had fifty dreamstones of us playing the Games of Divinity?"

Both women paused, then reached into their pockets and drew out one of the orichalcum tickets. Each was stamped with the words 'Redeemable Upon Demand" and sported the void-filled features of the God of Gambling. Each holding one in their fists, they grinned at each other.

Kailan
Essence 7
Essence 7

09 Aug 2011, 00:27

I have never been so happy to be so thoroughly confused as I am right now. :<3: :<3: :<3: :<3:
Text in red is modvoice.

webkilla
Essence 6
Essence 6
Title: Barbabe arbiter of unbound gravitas
Fighting Style: March of the Thrice-linked Digital Webwork
Artifact: 4Chans Might

09 Aug 2011, 03:14

time to talk to plentimon!

and I am loving this story!!!
I have a webcomic: http://psitech.comicgen.com - Its kinda like exalted, except more furry, more fanservice, more fun, more sci-fi.
- may contain people being called "bob"

Epiphany
Essence 7
Essence 7
Topic Author

10 Aug 2011, 20:09

Kailan: Glad to know you're confused too. I know I am!

Webkilla: Awesome. I have no idea what's going to happen next. :)

Deaths Pale Mistress
Essence 7
Essence 7
Title: Deathlord-Empress of the Underworld
Exalt: Ghost
Fighting Style: Close-quarters combat
Artifact: The Kiss of Midnight

10 Aug 2011, 21:30

Epiphany, I PMed you a while ago. Glad to see your still writing and yes I'm back...sorta.

:mow:
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years