Essence 8
Topic Author
Title: That Thing
Exalt: Fair Folk
Fighting Style: SAN-blasting
Artifact: Dividing By 0

Episode 27 - An Honor-Bound Loss

23 Feb 2006, 16:53

Rain poured down through the leaves of the jungle, as quickly as on open plains. Jalmar’s hair was matted down on the sides of his face, and against his neck and back. He stood defiant, unmoving in the downpour, and stared straight into the eyes of the serpent-woman. She was unclad, except for patches of scales along her upper arms and across the front of her thighs. Her face was a grimly set as Jalmar’s, and her golden eyes did not flinch from his gaze. Thin silver markings curled down her chest and across the sides of her face before running down the length of her back. These marks radiated a pale light, as did the pure silver disk that marked her brow. In her hands was a curved sword, almost seven feet in length, of faintly glimmering silvered steel. The design of the weapon was that of a two-handed scimitar, like southern warriors carried. She held it expertly, and continued to keep her eyes focused on Jalmar. Both warriors were waiting for the other to act, or to make a mistake. Behind Jalmar, Anya had taken cover behind a set of fallen trees. The silver disk marked the snake-woman as a chosen of the moon. If battle began, Anya would not be able to help.

Jalmar took the initiative. His fists tensed, and the mark of the noonday sun shimmering on his brow, and with one motion he lunged at the serpent woman. His extended fist ripped through the air, shattering the rain as he struck. A shimmer of light carried him faster than thunder at the chosen of Luna, but his fist did not find purchase. The serpent-woman had flickered to the side, then as Jalmar extended his arm past her she struck out like a coiled cobra. Her blade curved downward in a smooth arc, and collided with Jalmar’s upper arm. The collision rang out through the downpour. As the blade sliced along his flesh, a small amount of blood dripped from its passing. When the weapon completed its motion, a narrow cut was visible along Jalmar’s arm. It did not bleed much, but the rain on his skin made it run and drip from the limb. Jalmar snapped his arm to the side, straight at the serpent-woman, and slammed his wrist against her ear. The lunar woman was knocked to the side abruptly, but rolled back to her feet without trouble. Light mud clung to her body where she had touched the earth, but she was otherwise unharmed.

Without wasting a second, Jalmar spun on his heel and dove at the snake-woman. He grabbed her in his arms, and began to crush her in a ferocious embrace. Her flesh warped, and contracted inward. Before Jalmar could adjust, she had taken the form of a tree-serpent. The tiny form of the snake slipped free of Jalmar’s grasp, and dropped to the muddy soil below. Jalmar roared as the snake struck and bit his left calf. Weakness crept into the limb, and he nearly lost his footing. The woman immediately returned to human shape, and slashed Jalmar with an upward stroke to the chest. Once again, the attack cut but not deeply. The force of the strike knocked Jalmar back several steps, until his back hit a tree. As the serpent-woman approached, Jalmar gathered all his might. He reached back behind his head, and sunk his fingers into the trunk of the tree. Then, with veins visible on his tensed muscle, Jalmar ripped the tree free from the ground. Mud sprayed back as the earth was displaced from the erupting roots. Jalmar brought the tree down like a giant club, until it slammed against two dozen feet of the jungle floor with a calamitous crash. Anya rolled to the side, narrowly out of the way of the falling tree, and continued watching from cover.

It missed. The snake-woman leapt up on top of the tree-club, and raced down its length toward Jalmar. Her curved sword glinted in the dim light of the rainstorm, and swept down at Jalmar as she passed. The edge of the blade caught Jalmar in the side of his face, and he fell backward to the ground. Blood mixed with rain and mud as it pooled over his left eye. Jalmar got to his knees and wiped his eye clear. No sooner had he done so, that the sword made another pass. With a horizontal cut, the snake-woman slashed Jalmar across the throat. While it did not cut deeply, it was enough to drop Jalmar back to the ground. The snake-woman hopped off the tree and landed next to the fallen warrior. With her sword pointed directly at his heart, the chosen of the moon hissed, “Leave these lands, and never return.”

After a moment, Jalmar rose to his feet. The woman kept her sword leveled toward his heart, and her eyes never flinched from his gaze. Without a word, Jalmar simply nodded and began to walk away. He left to the north, which would soon lead him out of the jungle. Anya emerged from her cover, and ran off after Jalmar. She quickly caught up with him as he walked through the pouring rain, which quickly washed away his blood. As she followed, Anya watched Jalmar for signs of remorse or fear, but found none. “Why did you let her drive you away?” she finally asked.

“Because she earned it.”
"There was a young lady named bright,
Who could travel much faster than light,
She went out one day,
In a relative way,
And came back the previous night."

Love is never having to say you're sorry. Power is being able to kill anyone who asks for an apology.
Jaito: "Necromancy is like Linux, but even less sociable"
<Logos> The sugar is Asian people.
"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, watch it! I'm huge."
Hamster Style / Kitten Style / Hit 'Em With a Rock Style / Newest Icon Full Pic

Dakura
Essence 4
Essence 4
Title: That little sneak...
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Lightning-quick Melee
Artifact: Whatever he just stole from you.

23 Feb 2006, 16:59

And Jalmar is finally defeated by someone.

In a way, it's annoying how he reacts to losing (or doesn't react, would describe the case better).

Awesome fight.
"I awoke in a bed I did not recognize. I awoke with my left arm draped around the shoulders of a naked woman I did not recognize. I even awoke in a body I didn't recognize.

"I decided it had to be a Monday."

Nizkateth
Essence 8
Essence 8
Topic Author

23 Feb 2006, 17:01

Dakura wrote:
And Jalmar is finally defeated by someone.
In a way, it's annoying how he reacts to losing (or doesn't react, would describe the case better).
Awesome fight.

Yes he is. :D
Probably good for all involved that he reacted lke he did. Only other option was basically to go into limit. Which is generally bad for everyone.
:D
And thanks! Glad you enjoyed the battle.
She went out one day,
In a relative way,

Love is never having to say you're sorry. Power is being able to kill anyone who asks for an apology.

Dakura
Essence 4
Essence 4
Title: That little sneak...
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Lightning-quick Melee
Artifact: Whatever he just stole from you.

23 Feb 2006, 17:05

Nizkateth wrote:
Probably good for all involved that he reacted lke he did. Only other option was basically to go into limit. Which is generally bad for everyone.

I'm not saying that for him to keep on going would have been a good idea, or what he should have done... It's just that with his "the strong can do whatever they can 'cause they can force people to let them, everyone else can go hang" philosophy is somewhat... grating.
"I awoke in a bed I did not recognize. I awoke with my left arm draped around the shoulders of a naked woman I did not recognize. I even awoke in a body I didn't recognize.

"I decided it had to be a Monday."

Valheru
Essence 6
Essence 6
Title: Great High Mistress of the Yuri
Exalt: Lunar
Fighting Style: Solar Hero
Artifact: Yurithium Dyklave

23 Feb 2006, 17:06

Fuckyeah!

Jalmar respect-itude! Ahahahaha.
[22:35] blender_bunny@mac.com: Val's soul made into a Strapon would be the most dangerous weapon on earth

K0npeito: Why does every conversation we have in here have to end with Val getting a penis?
:dawn: :fullmoon: :daiklave: :twink:

Nizkateth
Essence 8
Essence 8
Topic Author

23 Feb 2006, 17:08

Dakura wrote:
It's just that with his "the strong can do whatever they can 'cause they can force people to let them, everyone else can go hang" philosophy is somewhat... grating.

Yay! It's supposed to be, to some degree.
^_^
She went out one day,
In a relative way,

Dinosaur
Essence 10
Essence 10
Title: Social Justice Kaiju
Fighting Style: Natural Weapons
Artifact: Audient Quill

Valheru wrote:
Fuckyeah!

Respek Charms! <^_^>

Nizkateth
Essence 8
Essence 8
Topic Author

Valheru wrote:
Fuckyeah!

Glad you enjoyed it!
I'm assuming you enjoyed it.
^_^
She went out one day,
In a relative way,

Valheru
Essence 6
Essence 6

23 Feb 2006, 17:14

Nizkateth wrote:
Valheru wrote:
Fuckyeah!

Glad you enjoyed it!
^_^

Of course I did! Ehehehe. Lunar goodness. ^.^
[22:35] blender_bunny@mac.com: Val's soul made into a Strapon would be the most dangerous weapon on earth

K0npeito: Why does every conversation we have in here have to end with Val getting a penis?

Gaelic Ninja
Essence 6
Essence 6
Title: Writer of Words Wrought on Creation
Fighting Style: Melee
Artifact: Storyteller Pen

23 Feb 2006, 17:38

I don't know about why Jalmar's attitude seems to be grating... he kind reminds me of Gatts...

Nizkateth
Essence 8
Essence 8
Topic Author

24 Feb 2006, 08:11

Gaelic Ninja wrote:
I don't know about why Jalmar's attitude seems to be grating... he kind reminds me of Gatts...

Who is Gatts?
Quite likely I'll remember as soon as I'm reminded, but I can't recall otherwise.
She went out one day,
In a relative way,

Bladestorm
Essence 7
Essence 7
Title: Dark Lurker
Fighting Style: Storm of Moonlit Claws
Artifact: Quicksilver Aegis Talisman-Cloak

24 Feb 2006, 08:57

Nizkateth wrote:
Valheru wrote:
Fuckyeah!

Glad you enjoyed it!
^_^

*Respekt Knuckles!* ^_^
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've seen C-beams glitter in the darkness near the Tannhauser gate. All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."

Dinosaur
Essence 10
Essence 10
Title: Social Justice Kaiju
Fighting Style: Natural Weapons
Artifact: Audient Quill

24 Feb 2006, 11:18

Nizkateth wrote:
Gaelic Ninja wrote:

Who is Gatts?
Quite likely I'll remember as soon as I'm reminded, but I can't recall otherwise.

Gatts!

Griffith!

Gatts!

Griffith!

Griffith!

- The Cast of Berserk reinacting Akira

Valheru
Essence 6
Essence 6

24 Feb 2006, 11:22

Dinosaur wrote:
Nizkateth wrote:
Gaelic Ninja wrote:

Who is Gatts?

Gatts!

Griffith!

Gatts!

Griffith!

Griffith!

- The Cast of Berserk reinacting Akira

GGGGGGGRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHH!

God, I hate him.

Darksoul
Essence 5
Essence 5
Title: Abused squire boy
Exalt: Dragon-Blooded
Fighting Style: Duck and Cover
Artifact: Cheapest daiklaive

26 Feb 2006, 18:46

Gatts is a wimp. He needed weapons.

Jalmar has the world as his weapon. And a great attitude. He has just proved his philosophy to go beyond mindless head smashing. Before this one I tought he would just die while goind blindly towards a opponent too big for him to beat. But his view of the world is not bling rage, so he may be ok after all.
I can teach you Old Realm

As part of that initial Exaltation, all of the Chosen of the Dragons were granted libidos of epic proportions. (There are those who say that this gift of the Dragons has been passed down through the generations.)

-Dragon Blooded Book.

Nizkateth
Essence 8
Essence 8
Topic Author

26 Feb 2006, 18:47

Darksoul wrote:
Jalmar has the world as his weapon. And a great attitude. He has just proved his philosophy to go beyond mindless head smashing. Before this one I tought he would just die while goind blindly towards a opponent too big for him to beat. But his view of the world is not bling rage, so he may be ok after all.

Jalmar lives by his code, it applies to everyone including himself. If he's beaten, so be it then. The enemy will have proven they are willing and able to uphold what they want.
She went out one day,
In a relative way,

Bladestorm
Essence 7
Essence 7
Title: Dark Lurker
Fighting Style: Storm of Moonlit Claws
Artifact: Quicksilver Aegis Talisman-Cloak

27 Feb 2006, 10:53

Even when the enemy is a serpentine angrywoman, who just bruised his pride.
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've seen C-beams glitter in the darkness near the Tannhauser gate. All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."

Darksoul
Essence 5
Essence 5
Title: Abused squire boy
Exalt: Dragon-Blooded
Fighting Style: Duck and Cover
Artifact: Cheapest daiklaive

27 Feb 2006, 12:39

She did not hurt his pride. He is not a proudful person, merely a fair one with a mindset of pure strenght and skill. The both got on a fait fight (that according to Jalmar is any fight where no one gets crying on his knees asking for forgiveness), she won and therefore was entitled to kick him out of her turf.
I can teach you Old Realm

As part of that initial Exaltation, all of the Chosen of the Dragons were granted libidos of epic proportions. (There are those who say that this gift of the Dragons has been passed down through the generations.)

-Dragon Blooded Book.

Nizkateth
Essence 8
Essence 8
Topic Author

27 Feb 2006, 15:45

Darksoul wrote:
The both got on a fait fight (that according to Jalmar is any fight where no one gets crying on his knees asking for forgiveness), she won and therefore was entitled to kick him out of her turf.

Right on the nose.
He wasn't upset by it, she was simply stronger.
She went out one day,
In a relative way,