Third Edition

Moderator: Celestial Admins

Konpeito
4DOR4BLOODTH1RSTY
Topic Author

Pardon Our Dust - Upgrading!

14 Feb 2010, 17:27

You may have noticed the fancy new digs. You may also have noticed some minor issues, like avatars not showing up, or slowdowns. Rest assured, we (and by 'we' I mean 'FlenceburgExile') are hard at work on it. If you are experiencing any persistent issues, please let us know here. Be sure to check and see if anyone else has already reported the issue or it's been taken care of. Please bear with us while we help make TFS totally awesome for you, the user.

:parrot:

:siren: Search is back up! This includes View New Posts and similar options.

:siren: You may have noticed your avatar has gone missing, but that ours seem to be working fine. Fear not! The avatar system works. All you need to do is upload your avatar again, keeping in mind the 110x110 pixel 97KiB limit.

:siren: Some user accounts may have been corrupted by the server move. This sucks, but as Flence says below, email him to get your account fixed if for some reason you can't log in.
DO NOT TAUNT SOLAR EXALT.
LinguisticKinesis - Throwing words in lieu of sharp objects!
Old Ways - The digital reminiscences of a transhuman huntress.

FlenceburgExile
Benevolent Clockwork Overlord
Title: Overworked Celestial Bureaucrat
Exalt: Ghost
Fighting Style: PRUSSIAN DEATH ROBOTS

Re: Pardon Our Dust - Upgrading!

18 Feb 2010, 13:26

Konpeito wrote:

:siren: Yes, we know you want the orange forum skin back. We get it. I used that skin too. Only about 30 users on the old forum used a different skin. The problem is that there's some other serious issues with getting the forum working and layout is a time-consuming process. Nuts and bolts stuff takes precedence over a shiny new paint job. Just be patient, and you'll be able to wallow in happy old-timey forumness as soon as is practical.

It's more that I'm working on the site in my free time, to be honest. I'll have things sorted out as quickly as possible, but I'm just one man and I'm easily distracted by movies, shiny videogames, and a social life outside the webs. I'd encourage people to continue submitting bug reports so I can know what to focus on.

However, I will say that the forum looks 100% better now that I switched the user profile blocks to appear on the left. :science:

:siren: At this point, if your avatar isn't working, please re-upload it via your user control panel. :siren:
Did you think you would be saved by the gods and idols you have made?

Konpeito
4DOR4BLOODTH1RSTY
Topic Author

18 Feb 2010, 19:15

I'm starting to think that the normal progression of events around here goes something like

• Kon says something outlandish.
  • Flence walks back from outlandish thing Kon said.
  • :siren: STRIKETHROUGH :siren:
DO NOT TAUNT SOLAR EXALT.
LinguisticKinesis - Throwing words in lieu of sharp objects!
Old Ways - The digital reminiscences of a transhuman huntress.

FlenceburgExile

26 Feb 2010, 08:09

I made some changes to the template files last night. The 'View more smilies' popup is no longer styled with the site's header and footer, and image thumbnails should just pop up in a new window when clicked, rather than relying on Javascript for display. That way, if the connection times out or 404's, the site will not enter an unusable state.

FlenceburgExile

05 Mar 2010, 19:26

I've seen a couple of people now whose accounts were corrupted by the move / database upgrade. So I'm going to add this here, where hopefully it will be seen. Please spread the word if you have any friends who've been affected:

If you are unable to log into the forum, or if you find yourself unable to post, please email me immediately so I can repair your account.