FlenceburgExile
Benevolent Clockwork Overlord
Benevolent Clockwork Overlord
Title: Overworked Celestial Bureaucrat
Exalt: Ghost
Fighting Style: PRUSSIAN DEATH ROBOTS

Re: Return of the Freedom Stone

23 Sep 2016, 12:12

Absolutely! And I don't know if you noticed, but while I was rebuilding the DNS zone file, I went ahead and created a AAAA record for the site. TFS is now reachable over IPv6 -- welcome to the future!

Everything should be stable at this point, but if you see any weirdness or want additional features, let me know. I own the server, so I should have a little more leeway in the changes I can make.
Did you think you would be saved by the gods and idols you have made?

GentlemanBesly
Essence 1
Essence 1
Title: Afterlife Architect
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Style over substance
Artifact: Wings of the Raptor

29 Sep 2016, 23:18

Afternoon all!

I'm sorry to hear that this place is running low on members, I've only heard good things about it and It's a pleasure to join.
I was cautious at first, knowing how elitist the Exalted community tends to be, but what you guys said on this thread has given me a huge sense of relief. This is EXACTLY the sort of forum I've been looking for.
Out of curiosity, what sort of content are you guys looking for? For drawing people in I mean.
There is nothing worse than five four dot sanctums that just refuse to click together.

BrilliantRain
Essence 8
Essence 8
Title: The City of Mod
Exalt: Alchemical
Fighting Style: Primordial-Machine Weaving
Artifact: Eye of Autochthon

01 Oct 2016, 01:30

Honestly, I think what we really need is people who are prepared to comment on stuff.  If you're new to Exalted, you should take a look at the story subforums, Whirlwind Novel Writing Method and Sagacious Writing of Intent and just do some reading and, if you liked it, comment on some of them.

That said, if you want to post your own homebrew or stories, feel free.  Or simply ask questions of us.  I can't guarantee that we necessarily know 3e crunch that well, but many of us have been around since 1e and can comment on the setting and everything.

Have fun and thank you for joining up with us!

Mod Text is in Green

Do you have enough Tools, King of All Craftsmen?

BrilliantRain
Essence 8
Essence 8
Title: The City of Mod
Exalt: Alchemical
Fighting Style: Primordial-Machine Weaving
Artifact: Eye of Autochthon

01 Oct 2016, 01:31

FlenceburgExile wrote:
Hey guys - apologies for not dropping in sooner. Life kind of ate my face, and my free time to game. Since we last spoke, I've changed jobs, married Kailan, and bought a house -- just to give you some idea. There were also some mental health issues wrapped up in there, but I won't bore you with the gory details.

Regardless, the break did me some good. And the new edition has me fired up about Exalted more than I have been in years. I'm honestly glad to see that there's still interest in this community: let's rebuild it.

As a first step, I've upgraded the forums and migrated them over to a new host (the same server I run the Lady dicebot off of). There are other projects in the works as well.Like I said in the announcement post ...  Don't call it a comeback: more an apology for having been gone so long.

If you guys have any suggestions or features you'd like to see, please let me know.

EDIT: Oh, and yes ... There's a redirect in place now. ;)

Looks really fancy.  Thanks!

Mod Text is in Green

Do you have enough Tools, King of All Craftsmen?

GentlemanBesly
Essence 1
Essence 1
Title: Afterlife Architect
Fighting Style: Style over substance
Artifact: Wings of the Raptor

02 Oct 2016, 04:52

BrilliantRain wrote:
Honestly, I think what we really need is people who are prepared to comment on stuff.  If you're new to Exalted, you should take a look at the story subforums, Whirlwind Novel Writing Method and Sagacious Writing of Intent and just do some reading and, if you liked it, comment on some of them.

That said, if you want to post your own homebrew or stories, feel free.  Or simply ask questions of us.  I can't guarantee that we necessarily know 3e crunch that well, but many of us have been around since 1e and can comment on the setting and everything.

Have fun and thank you for joining up with us!

Story subforums! Nice. Very nice. That's my jam. I've got some backstory for the campaign I'm running that I'd love to drop off there. Also commenting. That is a thing. A thing I will be doing.

I actually run an Exalted blog with just a lil bit of homebrew sprinkled in, part of my reason for joining was that I wanted a place to actually get some feedback/read other homebrews. I know diddly squat regarding 3e crunch. I've barely gotten my head around 2.5. But the fluff is my passion so yeah :D

Thanks! I will!
There is nothing worse than five four dot sanctums that just refuse to click together.

Daerim
Essence 5
Essence 5
Title: Dawn Caste
Fighting Style: Solar Melee
Artifact: The Tabar Perihelion

02 Oct 2016, 11:47

Welcome to the Freedom Stone! 

Content is bizcomm (marketing... markcomm? commeting?  Ooo, I like cometing!), in this case it's just people being here doing forum things.  We were just talking about ways to give that a kickstart.  tl:dr - We're all content now.

Hesabit
Essence 1
Essence 1

05 Oct 2016, 03:22

I'm willing to comment on just about anything! But, uh, would anyone want to recommend something, I'm not sure where to start, most of the stuff in Whirlwind looks like it's sleeping.

Epiphany
Essence 7
Essence 7
Topic Author
Title: Resident Novelist
Exalt: Sidereal
Fighting Style: Running the hell away
Artifact: My Lower Soul

07 Oct 2016, 22:49

GentlemanBesly: BrilliantRain offers an excellent set of suggestions.  Mine is this; write something and post it.  Backstory campaign ideas have a long time honored place at the Freedom Stone along with original fiction (and derivative fiction and smut).  If you've got a blog, you might try reposting some entries here and see if you pick up some readership that way.  

Commenting is always a nice way of sharing the love.  But it helps if there's something contemporary to comment on. ;)

Hesabit: Yeah, I'd agree.  There's a literal decade of content slumbering here and a lot of it is worth reading depending on your tastes.  That said, rather than resurrect the dead Abyssal Necromancy style, you might see if people put up something in the last year and comment on that.  It better ensures authors see the feedback and it jumpstarts that wonderful cycle of feedback that generates more stories, artwork and all that good stuff we come here for![/font]
BrilliantRain: There are those who would note that sometimes, sometimes, you get the things you really need instead of the things you deserve.
Kailan: If people only ever got what they deserved, the world would be a more miserable place.

My Novels / My Series / My Short Stories

Deaths Pale Mistress
Essence 7
Essence 7
Title: Deathlord-Empress of the Underworld
Fighting Style: Close-quarters combat
Artifact: The Kiss of Midnight

11 Jun 2017, 07:43

Get the word out to all the major Exalted communities that remain and they will come - in time. Activity spurs creativity which spurs more activity etc etc
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

He Who Holds In Thrall
Essence 6
Essence 6
Title: Neverborn Extraordinaire
Fighting Style: Indirectly
Artifact: Deathlord Minions

06 Sep 2017, 19:10

*opens up one eager eye*

Hmmmm...  I see the place has been redecorated, and someone is keeping the lights on.  But there is little but the echo of voices once familiar...

Are you still there?  Do you hear me?  Am I remembered?

*coils back up into slumber*

the whispers are listening....
When I die, I fully expect god to sound like Peter Cullen with a metallic reverb.

Valheru
Essence 6
Essence 6
Title: Great High Mistress of the Yuri
Exalt: Lunar
Fighting Style: Solar Hero
Artifact: Yurithium Dyklave

06 Sep 2017, 19:31

Oy, what the hell are you doing here, you mass of tentacles?
[22:35] blender_bunny@mac.com: Val's soul made into a Strapon would be the most dangerous weapon on earth

K0npeito: Why does every conversation we have in here have to end with Val getting a penis?
:dawn: :fullmoon: :daiklave: :twink:

Valheru
Essence 6
Essence 6
Title: Great High Mistress of the Yuri
Exalt: Lunar
Fighting Style: Solar Hero
Artifact: Yurithium Dyklave

06 Sep 2017, 19:38

But more seriously, I had no idea TFS was reborn! I miss exalted so much, and I miss y'all! I would love to start contributing something again.
[22:35] blender_bunny@mac.com: Val's soul made into a Strapon would be the most dangerous weapon on earth

K0npeito: Why does every conversation we have in here have to end with Val getting a penis?
:dawn: :fullmoon: :daiklave: :twink:

He Who Holds In Thrall
Essence 6
Essence 6
Title: Neverborn Extraordinaire
Fighting Style: Indirectly
Artifact: Deathlord Minions

06 Sep 2017, 19:42

Valheru wrote:
Oy, what the hell are you doing here, you mass of tentacles?

Sleeping, obviously.
When I die, I fully expect god to sound like Peter Cullen with a metallic reverb.

nexus
Essence 6
Essence 6

18 Sep 2017, 01:36

Glad to see the old place is still around. I've reloaded some broken links and put up some new stuff if anyone is interested. 
'A goddess rewards a mortal with torrid oral sex on the stairs of the city's greatest manse. In Lookshy its a legend that's lasted generations; in Great Forks its Tuesday"

"The so called "Mouth of Peace" is so heavily mind controlled and geased by her handlers its said that if you look at her through essence sight you can actually see fine incorporal threads trailing off her limbs into the ether or when she's really under tight control a phantom image of Kekjak's arm actually jammed up her anus. Those are the times when she seems most happy."