Essence 4
Topic Author
Title: Wyld Coyotes Bastard Daughter
Exalt: Fair Folk
Fighting Style: Blessed Sacrilegious Gonzo Method
Artifact: Cushioned Gossamer Tetsubo

Movie suggestion: Lo

07 Nov 2012, 15:31

So, for those that dont know of it, Lo is a movie about a man who summons a demon to find his girlfriend who was kidnapped by another demon. Despite how it sounds, its not actiony, or really heavy horror, mostly just dark comedy with an excellent atmosphere to it. The costumes for the demons look like they raided the buffy and angel costume wardrobe and snagged the good ones, and is very well done.

Filmed entirely in one room with the light only focusing on the main character trapped inside the protection circle and the titular demon Lo and other demons interacting with him while the other parts of the set lit up when needed such as flashbacks done in a sort of vaudlin play, another bit has a demon explaining something.. IN SONG! (as he puts it) being sung as a sort of doo-whop lounge band playing at a prom. Its on netflix streaming video, and can be found on amazon and other places for decent price as well.

One thing that gets me is the demons kinda seem like 2nd circle yozi, Humanish, but not quite. The demons.. Well, they strike me as internet trolls. Yeah, they are menacing, horrible, sadistic, and cruel, but at the same time, they mostly just seem to like to push peoples buttons and fuck with them, trying to taunt people into making mistakes or just subtly trick them (such as one demon introducing himself, then offering his hand for a shake outside the circle)

If you can find it, i say go for it, its an awesome movie, and despite what reviews say, i like it alot! And if anything it shows some good ideas of how a Yozi might taunt and toy with its summoner to make them make a mistake (And what happens if they possibly take it a little to far..)
Sure it is.. It makes me want to literally pick you up and throw you in a Vat of Acid!
Then fill it with Acid resistant Piranhas!
But The piranhas have salt shakers for eyes So as they eat you alive they are shaking salt into your wounds!
Also the piranhas are on fire.

FlenceburgExile
Benevolent Clockwork Overlord
Benevolent Clockwork Overlord
Title: Overworked Celestial Bureaucrat
Exalt: Ghost
Fighting Style: PRUSSIAN DEATH ROBOTS

Re: Movie suggestion: Lo

09 Nov 2012, 18:14

I'd also recommend checking out Ink if you get the chance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBGeErufQdY
Did you think you would be saved by the gods and idols you have made?

Kaimera
Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author
Title: Wyld Coyotes Bastard Daughter
Exalt: Fair Folk
Fighting Style: Blessed Sacrilegious Gonzo Method
Artifact: Cushioned Gossamer Tetsubo

Re: Movie suggestion: Lo

10 Nov 2012, 02:25

ooohh... that looks interisting.. :3

For those interisted in Lo, found a trailer that gives a good idea of what the movie is like:3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhFsK7e8wUo
Sure it is.. It makes me want to literally pick you up and throw you in a Vat of Acid!
Then fill it with Acid resistant Piranhas!
But The piranhas have salt shakers for eyes So as they eat you alive they are shaking salt into your wounds!
Also the piranhas are on fire.