Essence 5
Topic Author
Title: Dead-Eyed Angel
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Righteous Devil Style - aka Shoot It Till It Dies
Artifact: Twin Orichalchum Plasma Tongue Repeaters

[Interest] The Freshman 15 - A Dragonblooded Student Game

05 Oct 2011, 18:57

Alright, this is an interest thread. Want your interest, your whole interest, and nothing but your interest.

Game takes place in the Heptagram, the isolated tower on an isolated island filled with demons, sorcery, and Sidereals. The players are a fresh batch of Dragonblooded, the freshmen starting their first year of schooling. Dragonblooded teenagers from all families, houses, and breeding have arrived, with minds fresh and waiting to learn more about sorcery and the supernatural. And then...the first night happened.

This game will be rather dark. People, hopefully mostly just NPCs, will likely end up dying. And the kids will be pretty mired in social interactions with their fellow classmates, teachers, and administrators. Not a ton of combat, since combat is rather dragging in a PbP. But if you're playing a Dragonblooded Social Game, you probably shouldn't mind. Mostly interest right now, I know there's already a character or two floating around. If you're in chat you know what's likely going on anyway. But yeah! Show some interest, and maybe give an idea of what you might play.
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

sparda219
Essence 3
Essence 3
Title: Peach Emperor
Exalt: God
Fighting Style: Yin and Yang Palm
Artifact: The Disrobing Armlet

Re: [Interest] The Freshman 15 - A Dragonblooded Student Game

06 Oct 2011, 03:59

Eee~ I have two ideas, not sure which one would be better.

First is a pretty, pretty, pretty musically inclined Wood Aspect. He likes archery, flower arrangement and playing his sanxian so beautifully that Gods weep. He is not that concerned with the Immaculate faith but he does still love his nation.

Next is an investigatey, snarky, flirty water aspect who is engaged to a beautiful woman. They cheat on each other all the time and they both know it but she still makes a game of describing awful deaths for him when he cheats and he plays the part of being totally henpecked by her.
"ThE RIght man in the WRong place can make ALL the difFERence in the WORLD. Now... WAKE UP misTER Freeman. Wake up... and smell the ASHESS..." - The G-man, Half-life 2

PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6
Title: Boarding School Drama Magnet
Exalt: Dragon-Blooded
Fighting Style: Vicious rumors and one night stands
Artifact: Safara of the Five Truths daiklave

06 Oct 2011, 17:24

I have an idea for a character. She's a water aspect Ledaal who was a surprise exalt for her family. She has ADD pretty bad and so to focus she sews while she listens. She has a ridiculous almost stalker like crush on a Nellens, who isn't stupid enough to turn down her engagement offer flat out, but isn't sure that a 15 year old wife is the best choice for a wife out in Grayfalls. She believes that they are fated to be together and once she achieves her goal of being able to grow steelsilk without the need to bother essence spiders.

And Sparda, both ideas are awesome...you'll have to eenie meanie minie moe it.

kyriotsu
Essence 4
Essence 4
Title: Overworked Celestial Desk Jockey
Exalt: Sidereal
Fighting Style: Beat It Until It Stops Moving Style
Artifact: Bringer of Peace [Starmetal Grimscythe]

11 Oct 2011, 19:53

This humble one approaches you as a lurker turned first poster. Please do not crush me under the mighty weight of your great Essence totals and Exalted epicry, and your Quintessence and Ambrosia collections shall increase by a...well, probably fairly tiny amount... :worship:

Anyway; I'm interested in breaking into an Exalted game if I can, and I'm awfully fond of Dragonblooded (*coughTenWindscough*). At the moment of going to press, I have a semi-solid idea for an Earth/Air Aspect teenage sorcery savant from either House Ledaal or House Ragara (likely Ragara) and would-be Magnificent Bastard, one of three brothers (and the last one the family expected to Exalt...), who's aiming for three things.

One, harnessing incredible sorcerous power undreamed of since the First Age. Odds are he won't make it, but hell, he's got time to spare to figure it out. It's fun living for an exhorbitantly long time (unless those Anathema poke their heads in. Stupid sexy Solars. >_>)

Two, learning to summon daemons. And no, not those kind (*coughneomahcough*), get your mind out of the gutter. Well, maybe a couple... Think more Tzeentch-style than Slaanesh.

And three, hone his skill at politics; the Realm's going to hell in a handbasket, and he wants to "fix" things. He's young, still thinks he's invincible and can change the world by his ownself. Oh how fast he'll be disabused of that notion, eh?

Personality-wise, he'd be an optimist at heart, though a bit naive. He's damn clever, savvy, and cunning as all get out, but not really *wise* per-se. High INT, Low WIS, if you get my meaning. Ultimately, he's a good guy, but his methods always end up taking one along the long, convoluted road that gets one into all kinds of hijinx and trouble instead of the straightforward route. And explosions. Lots and lots of explosions. He likes being subtle, but sometimes it's fun just to watch things go *BOOM*. I'm still building him, tho', so any advice would be welcome!

Raiden
Essence 5
Essence 5
Topic Author

12 Oct 2011, 18:46

kyriotsu wrote:
This humble one approaches you as a lurker turned first poster. Please do not crush me under the mighty weight of your great Essence totals and Exalted epicry, and your Quintessence and Ambrosia collections shall increase by a...well, probably fairly tiny amount... :worship:

Anyway; I'm interested in breaking into an Exalted game if I can, and I'm awfully fond of Dragonblooded (*coughTenWindscough*). At the moment of going to press, I have a semi-solid idea for an Earth/Air Aspect teenage sorcery savant from either House Ledaal or House Ragara (likely Ragara) and would-be Magnificent Bastard, one of three brothers (and the last one the family expected to Exalt...), who's aiming for three things.

One, harnessing incredible sorcerous power undreamed of since the First Age. Odds are he won't make it, but hell, he's got time to spare to figure it out. It's fun living for an exhorbitantly long time (unless those Anathema poke their heads in. Stupid sexy Solars. >_>)

Two, learning to summon daemons. And no, not those kind (*coughneomahcough*), get your mind out of the gutter. Well, maybe a couple... Think more Tzeentch-style than Slaanesh.

And three, hone his skill at politics; the Realm's going to hell in a handbasket, and he wants to "fix" things. He's young, still thinks he's invincible and can change the world by his ownself. Oh how fast he'll be disabused of that notion, eh?

Personality-wise, he'd be an optimist at heart, though a bit naive. He's damn clever, savvy, and cunning as all get out, but not really *wise* per-se. High INT, Low WIS, if you get my meaning. Ultimately, he's a good guy, but his methods always end up taking one along the long, convoluted road that gets one into all kinds of hijinx and trouble instead of the straightforward route. And explosions. Lots and lots of explosions. He likes being subtle, but sometimes it's fun just to watch things go *BOOM*. I'm still building him, tho', so any advice would be welcome!

If you wish to know more, head to #thefreedomstone on the gryphon.magicstar.net server on IRC, that's where most of the talk tends to gather. Also, seems alright so far. I can play with only three people. Moving done, I should be able to have a more solid sign-up thread made up by Friday.

kyriotsu
Essence 4
Essence 4
Title: Overworked Celestial Desk Jockey
Fighting Style: Beat It Until It Stops Moving Style
Artifact: Bringer of Peace [Starmetal Grimscythe]

13 Oct 2011, 00:42

Name: Ragara Alacoque
Concept: A nascent Magnificent Bastard with grandiose plans, an eye for sorcery, and a talent for having things explode in his face.
Motivation: Learn sorcery, and eventually create a great scheme that will stabilize the Realm. By any means necessary.
Aspect: Air
Anima Banner: A whirlwind, lit up by cascades of falling sparks and lightning, surrounds Alacoque, lighting up incomprehensible patterns and complex scripts which rotate ever faster around his head.
Anima Powers: Triple leaping distance, take no damage from falls of any height, add Essence rating to Dodge DV against Archery and Thrown attacks.

Attributes:
Physical (4) (Strength 1, Dexterity 3 (+2), Stamina 3 (+1))
Social (6) (Charisma 3 (+2), Manipulation 3 (+2), Appearance 3 (+2))
Mental (7) (Perception 3 (+2), Intelligence 5 (+4), Wits 2 (+1))

Abilities:
Aspect Abilities – Linguistics, Lore, Occult, Stealth, Thrown
Favored Abilities – Dodge, Craft, Presence

Archery 1
Craft (Air) 3 - Favored
Craft (Fire) 3 - Favored
Dodge 5 - Favored
Linguistics 1 -Aspect
Lore 5 (Specialties: Enchanted Devices) - Aspect
Martial Arts 1
Melee 1
Occult 5 (Specialties: Summoning) - Aspect
Performance 1
Presence 3 - Favored
Ride 1
Socialize 3
Stealth 2 - Aspect
Thrown 4 - Aspect
War 1

Backgrounds:
Artefact 2 (Infinite Jade Chakram, Jade Reinforced Buff Jacket, Jade Hearthstone Bracers)
Artefact 3 (Jade Switchklave, Jade Hearthstone Amulet)
Manse 3 (Stone of Resilient Bamboo, Jewel of the Master’s Hand)
Breeding 3
Reputation 1

Charms:
Excellencies (Dodge 2nd, Thrown 1st, Craft 1st)

Lore (Elemental Concentration Stance, Elemental Empowerment Action)
Dodge (Safety Among Enemies, Smouldering Karma Strike, Unassailable Body of Air Defense)

Virtues:
Compassion 2
Conviction 3
Temperance 3
Valor 2

Stats:
Essence 2
Willpower 6
Personal Essence 10
Peripheral Essence 9 (25) (Attuned 16)
Soak +9L/13B (Blue Jade Reinforced Buff Jacket; +7L/10B, Hardness: 5L/5B, Fatigue 0, Attune 3)
Health Levels: -0/-1/-1/-2/-2/-4/Incap

Bonus Points:
1 in Dodge
1 in Lore
1 in Thrown
2 in Craft (Air)
1 in Craft (Fire)
1 for Specialties; Occult: Summoning, Lore: Enchanted Objects
5 for Unassailable Body of Air Defense
3 for Compassion 2
Last edited by kyriotsu on 13 Oct 2011, 11:45, edited 3 times in total.

Mei Yu Lian
Essence 6
Essence 6

13 Oct 2011, 06:58

im interested if you need a fourth player
but probably only for pbp? - not so hot with chats :(

PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6
Title: Boarding School Drama Magnet
Exalt: Dragon-Blooded
Fighting Style: Vicious rumors and one night stands
Artifact: Safara of the Five Truths daiklave

13 Oct 2011, 16:30

This a pbp because the facilitator is roughing it in the mountains and can't be sure when he'll have wifi, so pbp is best.

What were you thinking of playing? Sound like we could use an earth or a fire. ^_^

Mei Yu Lian
Essence 6
Essence 6

13 Oct 2011, 17:52

EDIT:

now working on an earth aspect - got an idea :)

Raiden
Essence 5
Essence 5
Topic Author

16 Oct 2011, 11:23

Alright, have enough interest so making an official sign-up thread. Take commenting there.

Mei Yu Lian
Essence 6
Essence 6

16 Oct 2011, 12:06

how would you like character creation done - besides the stuff in the sign-up thread?
normal points and charms? anyhting forbidden?
can we use charms from the thousand actions errata? ink monkeys?
other sources?