Third Edition

Moderator: Forum Gods

  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
 
User avatar
Henry
Essence 5
Essence 5
Posts: 719
Joined: 14 Sep 2010, 18:48
Title: Lookshyan brat
Exalt: Dragon-Blooded
Fighting Style: Awkward flailing and some hair pulling
Artifact: Magitech and heirlooms
Location: Rhode Island

Re: The Freshman 15 - Third Day of School

22 Apr 2012, 18:57

"Yes, yes," Kaetris murmurs as she tunes Croix out. If the boys were here...and it seems that they've been here for a long time...and she she just left them in Amneir's room...and they don't seem to be hurt...and Croix insists he is innocent...that means...

Kaetris frowns. It's a small motion, but it's accompanied by a bigger one. The dining hall echoes with a sound like the retort of an essence cannon as Kaetris breaks the Gateway board she's holding in half. The half-an-inch thick Gateway board made of granite.

(Effective Strength of 9 for handling stone.)

The boys in Amneir's room were mimics - demons or sorcerers or something. Kaetris is certain that this is all just a trick, another stupid Dynastic stunt to torment the first year students. But what if it wasn't? What if 'the boys' were Anathema?

Morgan could be in danger. Althena could be in danger. Amneir could be in danger!

"You are most right," Kaetris says, addressing Croix, "and I will be answering for it later. I have been making a mistake. So have you. Be watching your friends - they are not to be trusted."

She points to the boys whose doubles are in Amneir's room, and casually flips the two halves of the broken Gateway board into their laps. Hopefully this will create enough suspicion that Croix will detain the boys and do her job for her. Ignoring everyone else, she spins around and walks out dining hall as quickly as she can, trying to not look too suspicious. Swinging by her room to grab her daiklaive - again - she sends a message to Morgan on the winds. She doesn't whisper this message: she says it loud and clear, so everyone in the room will hear.

"Morgan, I have found the medicus. We are coming to help. Do not let them leave - it would be hurting their wounds."
You can dare to do anything and succeed in anything, provided you never forget that two and two do not make four; in clumsy hands, they often make three or even less; but they can make five or six. - Louis-Herbert Lyautey
 
User avatar
Raiden
Essence 5
Essence 5
Topic Author
Posts: 945
Joined: 22 Jun 2006, 21:33
Title: Dead-Eyed Angel
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Righteous Devil Style - aka Shoot It Till It Dies
Artifact: Twin Orichalchum Plasma Tongue Repeaters
Location: Wherever AmeriCorps feels like sending me.
Contact:

Re: The Freshman 15 - Third Day of School

23 Apr 2012, 00:51

"Hear that, Redric? The nurses are coming, you'll be just fine." He pats his larger friend on the shoulders, the injured boy still doing nothing but whimpering and grasping his legs.

"It's almost time up though, Redric. Don't worry, we'll get you patched up when we get back...heh, besides I'm sure you can heal this off yourself right?" The larger fellow slowly nodded. They both turn to look out the window.

"Yeah...time's almost up."
Image
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Image
 
User avatar
Henry
Essence 5
Essence 5
Posts: 719
Joined: 14 Sep 2010, 18:48
Title: Lookshyan brat
Exalt: Dragon-Blooded
Fighting Style: Awkward flailing and some hair pulling
Artifact: Magitech and heirlooms
Location: Rhode Island

Re: The Freshman 15 - Third Day of School

23 Apr 2012, 09:13

Kaetris stomps down the hall, grabbing a broom from the supply closet and snapping off its head along the away. When she gets to Amneir's room she carefully assesses the situation, relieved to see that no one has left. Still, she keeps her daiklave in hand, partially hidden behind the door frame.

"Hello," she says nonchalantly, peering into the room. "Althena, Amneir: can you please be coming out in the hall to help me? We are needing to assemble the, uh, lectica...a litter? Oh, and Morgan, please be tying this to the injured leg." She tosses him the half a broomstick and some rope. Hopefully that will stick the big one in place.

Let's see...there's the door, but she'll be blocking it. What other avenues of escape are there? The window.

Kaetris swallows her revulsion and looks at Therius. "Master Spider, please be drawing the shades closed. Sunlight can be harming these herbs." She pats her pocket, as if to indicate the presence of the fictional medicine.

Now, she just needs the other girls to get out of the way and she can wallop the little one with the flat of her blade. Her biceps tense in anticipation.

(Blockade Movement action in the doorway. Activate Strength of Stone Technique. Try to lie - not easy for a Manipulation 1, Socialize 1 character, so I'll channel Temperance to help with that, if Raiden thinks it's appropriate.)
You can dare to do anything and succeed in anything, provided you never forget that two and two do not make four; in clumsy hands, they often make three or even less; but they can make five or six. - Louis-Herbert Lyautey
 
User avatar
PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6
Posts: 1044
Joined: 05 Apr 2006, 23:51
Title: Boarding School Drama Magnet
Exalt: Dragon-Blooded
Fighting Style: Vicious rumors and one night stands
Artifact: Safara of the Five Truths daiklave
Location: The middle finger of the Mid-West
Contact:

Re: The Freshman 15 - Third Day of School

23 Apr 2012, 09:46

Therius cackles a little as he leaves through the window.

"I should not enjoy her fear so much!"

Inigo has made himself busy trying to salvage as much of the make up as he possibly can from the floor and the walls. To his credit he is doing a pretty good job, but she is still going to need to order more.

Amneir looks coldly at Kaetris.
"Why would we need to construct a litter? Shouldn't the medica be doing that? And where are they anyway. The longer these two have to sit here, the harder it will be for that blood stain to come up -- and I am NOT staying in a room stained with blood. Eww. Not to mention I'm going to have to redo just about all of my homework, unless one of you," she looks pointedly at Morgan and Kaetris. "Are willing to tell that cranky old professor that it is not my fault the homework and essay are bloody. Not that it will matter if you do. He'll still blame me."

She lets go of Morgan and slumps onto her bed.

"Beautiful people never catch a break." She looks at Althena. "You understand that almost as well as I do, don't you?" She sighs dramaticly. "Probably the only other girl here that does."
 
kyriotsu
Essence 4
Essence 4
Posts: 387
Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 11:09
Title: Overworked Celestial Desk Jockey
Exalt: Sidereal
Fighting Style: Beat It Until It Stops Moving Style
Artifact: Bringer of Peace [Starmetal Grimscythe]
Location: Right Behind You.
Contact:

Re: The Freshman 15 - Third Day of School

23 Apr 2012, 15:22

The boy's words struck an odd chord with Morgan, and he looked curiously at him. The anger from earlier had melted away in favor of the usual detached semi-interest by now, although there was a distinct tone of irritation in his posture that he had shrugged off the request for information so easily. Of course, then Kaetris came in, acting in a very odd manner, and...tch.

"Legs, plural. Hit both of them clean." He smiles. It's not a pretty sight. Though there is a bit of a wry twist to it as he catches the rope and pole. "I don't half-ass things."

He got up for a moment, keeping his eyes on the two; his innate paranoia kicking in yet again, and stepped over to the blinds, drawing the shades closed and leaving the room lit by the wall and ceiling lamps. The lights were warm, and ignoring the bloodstain on the floor, he had to give credit. She decorated the room nicely.

Amneir's outburst just garnered a flat look from him, but no words. Morgan knelt down by the other boy and put the pole down, wrapping the cord around it as Kaetris requested. Though his shoulders remained tensed and the Dragonblood stood on edge; just in case...
 
User avatar
ashlayne
Essence 3
Essence 3
Posts: 111
Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 09:59
Location: What? You have to have a set location?
Contact:

Re: The Freshman 15 - Third Day of School

24 Apr 2012, 16:24

Althena quirks an eyebrow at Kaetris, but does as the Lookshyan asks, putting one arm around Amneir's shoulders and guiding her gently out of the room. "Here, let's give then some room to splint the boy's legs and get some fresh air. The... Smell in here can't be good for your... Complexion? " The viridian-haired girl makes a vague stab at words that might get the other girl to come with her, smiling gently at Amneir's compliment.
There are 3 kinds of people in this world...those you want things to happen, those that make things happen, and those who just wonder what the hell happened!
 
User avatar
PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6
Posts: 1044
Joined: 05 Apr 2006, 23:51
Title: Boarding School Drama Magnet
Exalt: Dragon-Blooded
Fighting Style: Vicious rumors and one night stands
Artifact: Safara of the Five Truths daiklave
Location: The middle finger of the Mid-West
Contact:

Re: The Freshman 15 - Third Day of School

24 Apr 2012, 16:44

"Good for my complexion? What?" She is too confused by this statement to fight being taken out of her own bright, happy, bloody, room.

"Dragons, do they deprive everyone outside the Realm of basic beauty supplies? I mean it wouldn't matter for you, your skin is beautiful. But I guess that would explain Kaetris...I just figured Lookshy forbade the import and export of anything that might make their women look like women."
 
User avatar
Henry
Essence 5
Essence 5
Posts: 719
Joined: 14 Sep 2010, 18:48
Title: Lookshyan brat
Exalt: Dragon-Blooded
Fighting Style: Awkward flailing and some hair pulling
Artifact: Magitech and heirlooms
Location: Rhode Island

Re: The Freshman 15 - Third Day of School

24 Apr 2012, 19:07

The infuriating thing is, Amneir is right. Even in her casual dress, Amneir's hair and complexion are maddeningly smooth, almost perfect. It was so unfair that... wait, what is she doing, wasting her time thinking about silly piffle like this?

"Hahaha-haha," Kaetris laughs in an unconvincing falsetto. "A much funny joke, Amneir. Come, we are having to play at being medicus today."

Kaetris grabs onto Amneir's other shoulder and hustles her out of the room, perhaps with a bit more force than is necessary. Then she leans in close to Althena, blocking line of sight from the room with her broad back, still holding onto Amneir.

"The boys are dangerous," she whispers to the shorter girl. "Maybe demons, maybe worse. Morgan and I will be fighting them. Whatever is happening, do not permit them to leave. Amneir - go get help."

She pushes Amneir down the hall in the general direction the dining hall. Spinning around quickly, she moves to block the doorway, trying to disguise the fact that she is drawing her daiklave.

"Morgan, please be coming here," she says in a sing-song voice. "We have to be helping now."

As soon as the Air-aspect is anywhere near the doorway, Kaetris acts, spinning Relentless Avalanche in her hands to get that same pommel-forward grip, thrusting it towards the mimics.

"Do not be moving," she says, her heart pumping from excitement. "Morgan, these boys are actors - they are fakes. I have seen boys looking just like them in the dining hall, not more than a moment ago. You were right to attack them - they may be most dangerous."

Kaetris shifts the daiklave and looks at the boys sternly. "Tell us who you are, and what you are doing. NOW!"
You can dare to do anything and succeed in anything, provided you never forget that two and two do not make four; in clumsy hands, they often make three or even less; but they can make five or six. - Louis-Herbert Lyautey
 
kyriotsu
Essence 4
Essence 4
Posts: 387
Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 11:09
Title: Overworked Celestial Desk Jockey
Exalt: Sidereal
Fighting Style: Beat It Until It Stops Moving Style
Artifact: Bringer of Peace [Starmetal Grimscythe]
Location: Right Behind You.
Contact:

Re: The Freshman 15 - Third Day of School

24 Apr 2012, 22:02

Morgan prided himself on several things, but chief among them was his bear-trap mind. Something was up. He moved near the door, tense as a cat...and his suspicions were rewarded. It was the work of a second or two as he processed what Kaetris had said and came to several different potential conclusions, but his body reacted by instinct - within an ace, Equalizer had fallen into his hands, and the butterfly switchklave was twirled and open. Three chakrams hung in his other hand, and his eye had gone to a solid red right there and then.

His face was cold.

Cold as the grave.

"I mentioned earlier you should choose your next words with exceptional care. I amend that statement. You should choose your next words and actions with staggeringly exceptional care."

He didn't say what would happen if they did not. He did not have to.
 
User avatar
PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6
Posts: 1044
Joined: 05 Apr 2006, 23:51
Title: Boarding School Drama Magnet
Exalt: Dragon-Blooded
Fighting Style: Vicious rumors and one night stands
Artifact: Safara of the Five Truths daiklave
Location: The middle finger of the Mid-West
Contact:

Re: The Freshman 15 - Third Day of School

24 Apr 2012, 22:26

She stumbles a little as she is pushed out of her own room.

"Get help!? For what? It's a panty raid gone wrong! It's not that big a deal -- even to me!"

She realizes that she will be ignored. The other have gotten it into their heads that this is an incredibly dangerous situation. With a roll of her eyes she wraps her thin silk robe around her sheer nightie and trots off to the professors. Her instinct takes her to Drakkon first. She knocks on his door with a sigh.

"Professor! Morgan and Kaetris are over reacting again!"
 
User avatar
Raiden
Essence 5
Essence 5
Topic Author
Posts: 945
Joined: 22 Jun 2006, 21:33
Title: Dead-Eyed Angel
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Righteous Devil Style - aka Shoot It Till It Dies
Artifact: Twin Orichalchum Plasma Tongue Repeaters
Location: Wherever AmeriCorps feels like sending me.
Contact:

Re: The Freshman 15 - Third Day of School

25 Apr 2012, 00:56

Amneir: It is beginning to grow later in the evening, and as the door opens Drakkon steps into the hallway obviously dressed down for bed. He's down to his skivvies of tight red underwear, and a loose robe of gold and crimson hung over his shoulders, though left untied. His long red hair was tied back into a ponytail and was still wet from the baths.

"Ah, Miss Amneir? A pleasant surprise, though I find you've caught me as I was preparing for bed. One needs the proper amount of beauty sleep to ward off Father Time, you know. Now...what's this about young Sir Morgan and Miss Kaetris?"

Morgan/Kaetris/Althena:

The sun outside had fallen well past the horizon, now slowly, ever so slowly, dipping down to extinction in the night. The natural light in the room was disappearing, and the light of the glowstones was still taking time to adjust. As such the room was rather dim, with the two young boys sitting there in the middle of the room. At least, the visage of them were sitting there. The larger fellow was no longer sniffling, and in fact was slowly starting to untie the bandages wrapped about him. The smaller fellow chuckled, his face turned away from the small group.

"Heheheh...children. You hold weapons almost too large for your hands and feel powerful. But what, pray tell, would you intend to do with such things? Attack us? Kill fellow students? No...you've made a decision. You interfere with a plan so far removed from you that ones such as you would have been safe...had you simply stopped. But a nuisance you have made of yourselves. Nothing dangerous to our caretaker, not yet. But...a nuisance. And so we were called."

The voice was...changing. And as the voice shifted, the lights in the room began to grow dimmer, the glowstones flickering as their essence was becoming altered.

"We were to be stealthy. So our caretaker granted us new forms, familiar forms. We could walk through the halls as we saw fit, do as we saw fit. Such freedom of movement served our purposes perfectly. Inspection. Recon. Affirmation." The faces of the two boys were facing away from the group, but you can sense their eyes are staring at the window. Their bodies under their clothes were...moving. Shapes and bumps moved underneath the cheap fabric of their shirts, like serpents writhing together in a pile.

"But we miscalculated. We...made an error. And now we are discovered. Our caretaker will be most cross. Their mood becomes so grouchy when their job goes unfulfilled. But, if I can before we leave, a bit of advice? Our caretaker will be cross with us. To you...things will happen. Horrible things that your mind will not even allow you to comprehend to save you the devastation to your psyche. Save yourselves. Kill yourselves. Kill each other...save each other."

The room was incredibly dim now, the sun having just set past the horizon. Night had fallen.

"The day finishes. Perhaps, next time, we will not infiltrate. Perhaps we will...watch as you sleep. Slit a throat in your slumbers. Hide in the shadows. There are plenty of us, young dragonlings."

The glowstones flashed with a sudden bright intensity, along with the turning of the younger fellow's head. It was for only a split second, barely even enough time to be registered in most of your minds, but it was there. His face was elongated, with fangs too huge for the uncomfortably inadequate human mouth they resided within. A second pair of eyes had begun to form under the first, and the colors of both went to an eye-filling yellow of sickness. There was more, but in that spasm of time a wind rushed through the room and carried sand with it, wrapping around the two figures. The light of the glowstones were out of control, rapidly dimming and intensifying without reason.

"Next time, we won't just be looking."

The sand whipped around faster and then disappeared as quickly as it had arrived. The glowstones resumed their usual brightness, showing the room was now empty of occupants. Nothing remained of the two fellows except for blood splatters on the carpet and a few stray gatherings of sand.
Image
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Image
 
User avatar
ashlayne
Essence 3
Essence 3
Posts: 111
Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 09:59
Location: What? You have to have a set location?
Contact:

Re: The Freshman 15 - Third Day of School

25 Apr 2012, 01:10

When Amneir runs off to the medicus, Althena stays behind. If it came to a fight, maybe she could help Kaetris and Morgan. But when the two boys start changing... it isn't even like when the salt gods possessed someone out of spite. This is different... otherworldly. The girl stares, enraptured and more than a bit afraid all at once.

When they disappear, she blinks as if coming out of a trance. Then she looks up at the two with weapons drawn and to hand.

"What... the dragon dung... just happened?"
There are 3 kinds of people in this world...those you want things to happen, those that make things happen, and those who just wonder what the hell happened!
 
kyriotsu
Essence 4
Essence 4
Posts: 387
Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 11:09
Title: Overworked Celestial Desk Jockey
Exalt: Sidereal
Fighting Style: Beat It Until It Stops Moving Style
Artifact: Bringer of Peace [Starmetal Grimscythe]
Location: Right Behind You.
Contact:

Re: The Freshman 15 - Third Day of School

25 Apr 2012, 01:31

Morgan watched. With cold, cold eyes. The sands of Ceclyne. Yozi and daemon queen of Malfeas. Demons whose time was spent, drawn back into that hellish prison in which those eldrich horrors dwelt. He stepped forward and knelt, running his now-empty hands through the sands with a pensive mean. So many things began running through his head, an answer or two falling into a possible place, but many more questions driving through his mindscape. The full impact of the situation hit him like the Five-Metal Shrike, yes, but still...

Then something very...odd happened.

Morgan smiled. A wide grin. A very wide grin. A mad glint entered his eyes.

And he began to laugh.

Laugh. Long and loud. He stared at the carpet and kept laughing, even reaching out to the table for balance for a moment. The sand slid through his fingers to pool on the floor. It took nearly a minute before the laughing ebbed, and he shook his head, blinking tears out of his one good eye.

"What was that?" He asked, his voice still brimming with madcap mirth. "That was...demons. Shapeshifters of sorts - neomah, perhaps? Unlikely, they would not be quite so threatening. Hm, First Circle, though, more than likely. Servants and slaves - you hear me? Servants and slaves!" He roared out loud, staring up at nothing and no-one, laughing again. The mad teen shook his head, speaking to nobody. "Amateurs! Failures! Piss-poor fools drunk on your power over mortals! You seek to break that which is already shattered, that which is made all the better by madness! You want to improve me? I am Ragara! Fucking! Morgan! And you hold no power over me!"

Another barking laugh, and he shook his head - the mad glint was disappearing in favor of a distinctly...happy? look. "We have been blessed indeed. Vindication. I KNEW these events the past few days were connected...oh, and now they wish to come for us. How marvelous - I wasn't expecting to start dodging assassins until I hit the Deliberative. This will be excellent practice. Of course, there's still the murder to investigate, but now we have a place to start!"

Grin. "Anywho, come, we have to deal with this situation before the medicae arrive - avoid awkward questions and give us time to plan. Oh, this'll be a remarkable problem to sink my mind into...pardon me, I quite lost myself there. First things first; Kaetris, might I beg use of you and your daiklave for a moment? Along with your uncanny knack for whispering?"
 
User avatar
PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6
Posts: 1044
Joined: 05 Apr 2006, 23:51
Title: Boarding School Drama Magnet
Exalt: Dragon-Blooded
Fighting Style: Vicious rumors and one night stands
Artifact: Safara of the Five Truths daiklave
Location: The middle finger of the Mid-West
Contact:

Re: The Freshman 15 - Third Day of School

25 Apr 2012, 02:10

Amneir allows herself a moment of distraction by his dress before looking up at him. She gestures to the skimpy clothing she wears.

"I was not intending to leave my room either. Thanks to you, I had an extra assignment to do because I was late to class." She gives a huffy sigh. " And Morgan and Keatris are overreacting to an event which happened in my room. It seems another student thought it would be cute to launch a panty raid in my room. Sadly for them, I was in my room when they broke in. Naturally I screamed and started defending myself. My scream brought the others and it was only after Morgan probably crippled one that I was able to learn it was just supposed to be a joke. I hate to disturb you, but I highly doubt Professor Cranky will care, Professor Mapel I would rather finished recovering, and this hardly seems the sort of thing to bring to a professor of magitech or a librarian. If you don't mind, I would like to get this taken care of quickly so that I can make other sleeping arrangements now that there is blood on my carpet."
 
User avatar
Henry
Essence 5
Essence 5
Posts: 719
Joined: 14 Sep 2010, 18:48
Title: Lookshyan brat
Exalt: Dragon-Blooded
Fighting Style: Awkward flailing and some hair pulling
Artifact: Magitech and heirlooms
Location: Rhode Island

Re: The Freshman 15 - Third Day of School

25 Apr 2012, 08:13

"I...I am not knowing," Kaetris mumbles in response to Althena's question. "Maybe...I am thinking...they are being servants of the same Anathema who was killing Kira? And now they are wishing to harm us."

Her knuckles turn white as she clenches her daiklave, and she barely listens to Morgan's defiant speech, though some distant part of her mind warns her to be wary of the Air-Aspect. He seemed to be nearly as mad as the demons, not recognizing that they were all in terrible danger, and they were all going to die. But Kaetris wouldn't let that happen. She couldn't.

"Huh?" Morgan had asked her a question. "Oh, yes, of course you can be using my daiklave." She proffers the sword to him. "How can I be helping? And who can I be sending a message to?"
You can dare to do anything and succeed in anything, provided you never forget that two and two do not make four; in clumsy hands, they often make three or even less; but they can make five or six. - Louis-Herbert Lyautey
 
kyriotsu
Essence 4
Essence 4
Posts: 387
Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 11:09
Title: Overworked Celestial Desk Jockey
Exalt: Sidereal
Fighting Style: Beat It Until It Stops Moving Style
Artifact: Bringer of Peace [Starmetal Grimscythe]
Location: Right Behind You.
Contact:

Re: The Freshman 15 - Third Day of School

25 Apr 2012, 13:32

He shrugged. "Whisper to Amneir, convince her to come back here on some pretense or the other or inform her of the actual situation. I expect she's speaking to someone she shouldn't, but still, fumbling in the dark isn't a good thing to leave a comrade in. Althena, would you mind assisting her with that, you seem to be rather exceptional at persuading our Ledaal friend." Toothy grin. And he gestured at the daiklave.

"Well, I would rather not let it be known that demons were involved, so we will need a reason for blood on the floor - or at least a confusing-enough situation so questions asked end up going nowhere. We may let rumor and disinformation do the remainder of the job for us; the true story we'll inform Amneir and the Dominie of, of course - along with the professors. To wit; would you mind slashing my arm enough to let a healthy amount of blood flow? I would appreciate a non-crippling blow, if possible."

He was remarkably cheery about his impending injury. "After that gets patched up, I suggest we retire to my room for tea and planning. Do either of you enjoy Chiaroscuro breakfast tea?" He tilted his head in a solicitous manner.
 
User avatar
Raiden
Essence 5
Essence 5
Topic Author
Posts: 945
Joined: 22 Jun 2006, 21:33
Title: Dead-Eyed Angel
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Righteous Devil Style - aka Shoot It Till It Dies
Artifact: Twin Orichalchum Plasma Tongue Repeaters
Location: Wherever AmeriCorps feels like sending me.
Contact:

Re: The Freshman 15 - Third Day of School

25 Apr 2012, 15:17

Amneir: Drakkon raises an eyebrow as you talk, before reaching into his room to grasp his red jade short daiklave. He also grasped a robe band to tie his robes around his waist. "Well, they may be overreacting, but if Morgan drew blood then this is something I must investigate. Lead the way, young one."

Morgan/Kaetris/Althene: There's the sound of a small group coming towards you. This is likely the medicae.
Image
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Image
 
User avatar
PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6
Posts: 1044
Joined: 05 Apr 2006, 23:51
Title: Boarding School Drama Magnet
Exalt: Dragon-Blooded
Fighting Style: Vicious rumors and one night stands
Artifact: Safara of the Five Truths daiklave
Location: The middle finger of the Mid-West
Contact:

Re: The Freshman 15 - Third Day of School

25 Apr 2012, 15:40

She nods and leads him to her room.

"I'll be the first to admit that I was scared. I mean, how often do you react to someone bursting into your room calmly? But the most dangerous thing I did was kick him in the Dynastic Jewels. And not even as hard as I could have. Did I tell you I have studied martial arts? Don't tell this to anyone else, but I'm deadly." She beams back to him as she leads him.
 
kyriotsu
Essence 4
Essence 4
Posts: 387
Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 11:09
Title: Overworked Celestial Desk Jockey
Exalt: Sidereal
Fighting Style: Beat It Until It Stops Moving Style
Artifact: Bringer of Peace [Starmetal Grimscythe]
Location: Right Behind You.
Contact:

Re: The Freshman 15 - Third Day of School

25 Apr 2012, 16:21

Morgan remained calm. Had to. This was his element.

He looked at Althena and Kaetris. And spoke rather dryly.

"This might hurt a bit." Then simply raised the sword in his grip, rather awkwardly, and cut it hard across the bicep of his left arm.

Blood flew. Again. Splashing onto the spot on the carpet where the daemon's ankles had been cut. He gritted his teeth. Then he promptly lowered the weapon to the ground at his feet and sat on a nearby stool. He spoke swiftly but quietly, cramming the silk of his shirt into the wounds.

"It was an idle comparison of weaponry. I had insufficient strength in my swing, and I dropped it. It cut my arm, badly. I do not hold you responsible. As Dynasts we will ask them kindly to keep such matters quiet. Such accidents will be unsurprising to them. Commonplace. Now look worried. Althena, look like you are attempting to staunch the wound. Now, please."

((OOC: I'm not sure of the procedures, but Morgan willingly takes 2L. Ouch.))
 
User avatar
Henry
Essence 5
Essence 5
Posts: 719
Joined: 14 Sep 2010, 18:48
Title: Lookshyan brat
Exalt: Dragon-Blooded
Fighting Style: Awkward flailing and some hair pulling
Artifact: Magitech and heirlooms
Location: Rhode Island

Re: The Freshman 15 - Third Day of School

25 Apr 2012, 16:33

"I cannot be cutting you!" Kaetris exclaims. "That would be lying! People, our comrades, other students - they are needing to know there are demons about. It will be most dangerous if we are not telling them."

She tries to grab the daiklave, but Morgan has already acted. Blood flows. She yanks the sword out of his hands, but it's too late.

"Much stupid," she says, finally remembering the word. Where had it been when she was yelling at Croix. "You are much stupid, Morgan, to be hurting yourself. I am hoping it is not serious."

As Althena tends to the wound Kaetris mutters darkly and turns away, sending a message to Amneir on the winds.

"Amneir - the problem is over. The boys were not boys. They were demons. They are now gone. Please keep other people away from here."

She peers out into the hall to greet whoever is coming.
You can dare to do anything and succeed in anything, provided you never forget that two and two do not make four; in clumsy hands, they often make three or even less; but they can make five or six. - Louis-Herbert Lyautey
 
kyriotsu
Essence 4
Essence 4
Posts: 387
Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 11:09
Title: Overworked Celestial Desk Jockey
Exalt: Sidereal
Fighting Style: Beat It Until It Stops Moving Style
Artifact: Bringer of Peace [Starmetal Grimscythe]
Location: Right Behind You.
Contact:

Re: The Freshman 15 - Third Day of School

25 Apr 2012, 16:39

"Kaetris."

One word from behind her. If she looked, she would see Morgan's face, almost plaintive. He stayed hushed, but his words were pleading. This was more than planning or an enemy for him to finally fight, this was more than just what he said; this was his duty as a Dynast. These creatures threatened the stability of the Heptagram, to alert the student body to their presence so soon and the fact that someone had summoned them, without proof...it would be paranoia. Chaos. Student suspecting student suspecting student, only exacerbating the already present climate of fear.

Ragara Morgan may have been mad, but he was no fool. More was at stake here, he knew it. To the degree that her insulting his intelligence didn't result in him immediately bloodying her nose. He looked at both of them.

"We cannot create a larger panic so soon. We cannot risk our enemy creating more fear. It is our duty. The professors and dominie will hear of this. Please. Trust me."

He asked much. And they both knew it. But Morgan knew to a Lookshyan, duty was practically all. He took a gamble, and suborned his pride to do it.

Manipulation + Presence + Spend WP to channel Conviction.
01[17:36] <Kyri-Quinn> !roll_ww 13 7 ex
[17:36] <The_Lady> Kyri-Quinn invokes the Lady...
[17:36] <The_Lady> 4, 5, 6, 6, 7, 8, 9, 9, 9, 10, 10, 10, 10
[17:36] <The_Lady> rolled 13d10. Got 13 Successes against a TN of 7, 10's are counted double
 
User avatar
PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6
Posts: 1044
Joined: 05 Apr 2006, 23:51
Title: Boarding School Drama Magnet
Exalt: Dragon-Blooded
Fighting Style: Vicious rumors and one night stands
Artifact: Safara of the Five Truths daiklave
Location: The middle finger of the Mid-West
Contact:

Re: The Freshman 15 - Third Day of School

25 Apr 2012, 22:58

Amneir sighs heavily as she gets the message, slowing her pace.

"Nevermind...I was sent on a fake errand that ended up wasting your time." She looks up at him. "Apparently now the boys weren't boys at all but were demons. Then again, this is coming from someone who thinks an essence spider is a demon. Ugh, Dragons! This was probably all an excuse to get me out of the way so they could search my things!" Her eyes widen and her scales turn a black pearl color. "They better stay out of my jewelry!" She takes off running down the hall towards her room. "I'm sorry sir!"
 
User avatar
ashlayne
Essence 3
Essence 3
Posts: 111
Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 09:59
Location: What? You have to have a set location?
Contact:

Re: The Freshman 15 - Third Day of School

26 Apr 2012, 00:30

Althena is just a little shocked, and intends to take Morgan up on his offer of tea if only to ask him if he's off his salt-crusted rocker later!! But she does as he asks, though agreeing with Kaetris, and binds his wound using a strip from the bedsheet which had been left behind by the boys... demons... things... She still can't wrap her mind around it.

------

<ashlayne> !roll_ww 4 7 ex
<The_Lady> ashlayne invokes the Lady...
<The_Lady> 3, 3, 4, 10
<The_Lady> rolled 4d10. Got 2 Successes against a TN of 7, 10's are counted double
There are 3 kinds of people in this world...those you want things to happen, those that make things happen, and those who just wonder what the hell happened!
 
User avatar
Raiden
Essence 5
Essence 5
Topic Author
Posts: 945
Joined: 22 Jun 2006, 21:33
Title: Dead-Eyed Angel
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Righteous Devil Style - aka Shoot It Till It Dies
Artifact: Twin Orichalchum Plasma Tongue Repeaters
Location: Wherever AmeriCorps feels like sending me.
Contact:

Re: The Freshman 15 - Third Day of School

26 Apr 2012, 00:42

The medicae arrive after several minutes, having been slowed down by the pair of blood apes carrying a stretcher.

"Yes, we were told there was a young man with his legs cut open?" They look inside, seeing Althena wrapped Morgan's arm with a bedsheet. "...someone must have been hysterical when I was told, since that is definitely not a leg."

The female nurse leans down, shooing Althena away as she inspects the wrapping. "Adequate, though if he produced THAT much blood he will likely need short-term stitches until his terrestrial essence stitches his body back together."
Image
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Image
 
kyriotsu
Essence 4
Essence 4
Posts: 387
Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 11:09
Title: Overworked Celestial Desk Jockey
Exalt: Sidereal
Fighting Style: Beat It Until It Stops Moving Style
Artifact: Bringer of Peace [Starmetal Grimscythe]
Location: Right Behind You.
Contact:

Re: The Freshman 15 - Third Day of School

26 Apr 2012, 00:52

"Just a flesh wound, indeed." He says sincerely, the banker stance fully in place. The madness of before was gone, replaced with the amiable demeanor. He spoke smoothly. "A mere slip of the wrist examining a new daiklave, and perhaps water slopped onto the carpet makes it look far more than it is. And I've always had a knack for essence healing - I doubt stitches would be required by now, but if you insist..."

He stood, ready to go; but his posture was that of an 'I'm fine no worries' type of deal. He did, of course, not appear in any way shape or form resistant to the medicae. That would be simply foolish.

"But such a meagre accident surely doesn't require overmuch concern or mention. Our most profuse apologies for bothering you - perhaps it best all involved forgot such a foolish incident ever happened."

Manip + Presence with Persuasion Specialty.
01[01:49] <Kyri-Quinn> !roll_ww 9 7 ex
[01:49] <The_Lady> Kyri-Quinn invokes the Lady...
[01:49] <The_Lady> 1, 1, 2, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10
[01:49] <The_Lady> rolled 9d10. Got 7 Successes against a TN of 7, 10's are counted double
  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests