Essence 6
Essence 6
Title: Boarding School Drama Magnet
Exalt: Dragon-Blooded
Fighting Style: Vicious rumors and one night stands
Artifact: Safara of the Five Truths daiklave

Re: The Freshman 15 - Tenth Day of School

27 Feb 2013, 17:13

Amneir has been having a wonderful time with the barflies and their offerings. She has even perched herself on the bar itself, arranging the glasses around her as she drinks. She laughs brightly as she finishes a drink.

"Who wants to win a kiss?" She announces as she holds up the empty glass. "It's easy, whoever puts the most money in this glass wins it! And if I'm impressed with the kiss..." She strokes her satin gloved fingers along the jaw of a nearby man. "Maybe there will be more." She hands one the glass. "Let's play!"

She downs a shot, not even paying attention to her companions at this point.

kyriotsu
Essence 4
Essence 4
Title: Overworked Celestial Desk Jockey
Exalt: Sidereal
Fighting Style: Beat It Until It Stops Moving Style
Artifact: Bringer of Peace [Starmetal Grimscythe]

01 Mar 2013, 23:34

Morgan watched the two Lookshyans exchange farewells with an impassive look on his face; his hands in the only obvious pockets of his buff jacket. One finger toyed with the edge of his jade chakram - outwardly he was all ease and cool indifference - on the inside he was...conflicted. Not for any reason he could truly fathom at this juncture - or perhaps he could in part. Situations like this, serious social and familial ones, always put him off-kilter, at least in sorts. Whenever real emotions came into play - things beyond the scrolls and manuals that he relied upon for social contact; or what he could easily and smoothly imitate and present to the world.

Rah. He tapped his forelock as Kaetris's brother left, and turned to face her - eyes gauging her own emotions, her own state of mind.

"...he cares for you." Beat. "...a fine thing. Thank you for introducing us." His entire opinion on the meeting, summed up. Morganthink vocalized. As usual. Still, he'd said his piece concerning her leaving or staying already, so he didn't add more to it. Any more would have just been embarrassing to either of them, perhaps - and to pressure her one way or the other would have been unseemly and improper of him. She would do as she will.

But speaking of unseemly and improper...he finally looked past Kaetris to the bar. And actually winced. His impassive expression outright changed. By the Dragons, that blighted woman...sigh. The wincing expression changed to a resigned one.

"Malfeas. Lady Nefarvin, if you'll excuse me. The term damage control is coming to mind."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, let a fact be observed, that of a certain Air Aspect's temperament. When Ragara Morgan set out to solve a problem, he usually did so in a subtle manner. However, that wasn't to say he wasn't capable of acting overt. Or that he was at all unaware of his certain station in life. It was the law of the land, after all; what a Dynast wanted, a Dynast took. So, one capitalized on it.

A black-clad teen, obviously a student of the school; strode up. A pouch of jingle in hand. Jade in his eye, and jade clinking in his coat, and the regal status of the Dragon writ all over his features, his frame, his posture. Without warning or preamble, he simply walked clear through the barflies bandying words about his classmate, and upended the bag into her cup - pieces of the precious magical material filling the glass right to the brim with clinkity-clink sounds.

Amneir got a clear view right into Morgan's eyes - and where one of the barflies might have had a somewhat soppy or besotted expression, his was just flat. The entire state of Morgan was writ in hard lines - what a Dynast wished, a Dynast would do. And Yu-Shan help any of them if they damned well tried to push the issue.

The last thing they needed in here was a bloody bar brawl over Amneir, after all. They had other things to deal with - and a ruddy boat to catch.

So what happens when you get a slightly sociopathic Air Aspect with maaaaybe some control issues who is also having a great many mixed feelings, possibly including exasperation, frustration, and jealousy (maybe), AND who has an Intimidation Specialty AND a desire to get this situation under control ASAP?

Sorry, Ammy! :D

01[00:30] <Kyri-Quinn> Okay, Manipulation 3 + Presence 5 + Specialty 1 + Excellency 4 = 13 dice total.
01[00:30] <Kyri-Quinn> !roll_ww 13 7 ex
[00:30] <The_Lady> Kyri-Quinn invokes the Lady...
[00:30] <The_Lady> 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 8, 9, 10, 10
[00:30] <The_Lady> rolled 13d10. Got 8 Successes against a TN of 7, 10's are counted double

On the positive side, he did prolly win her contest.

PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6

02 Mar 2013, 23:01

Miffed that her playtime is over, Amneir calmly takes the last drink she has while Morgan unloads jade into the glass.

"Well boys, I don't think that's going to be topped. And, rules are rules." She hooks Morgan's collar with a finger and pulls him close. Wrapping her legs around him, she plants a kiss on his mouth as her arms go around his neck and shoulders. Her lips, flavored of strawberries and pomegranate are soft against his own as they meet. She holds him for a breath by sucking gently on his lower lip, then her lips part and the tip of her tongue glides along his. She draws back after three smaller, feather light kisses and lets Morgan go.

"Looks like my time is up," she pouts. "But I'll come back as soon as I can so we can play more!" She waves brightly and hops off the bar, rejoining the others. She picks up the unopened wine bottle from the table. "Family reunion over so soon?"

Henry
Essence 5
Essence 5
Title: Lookshyan brat
Fighting Style: Awkward flailing and some hair pulling
Artifact: Magitech and heirlooms

03 Mar 2013, 09:44

Kaetris sits at the table, Althena on one side, the uneaten dinner on the other, the bottle of wine in front of her. She's confused and more than a little depressed.

"Oh, hello Amneir," she says, shifting back into the unfamiliar rhythms of High Realm. "I must be apologizing for my behavior - I was not meaning to ruin your trip. Are you having fun yet?"
You can dare to do anything and succeed in anything, provided you never forget that two and two do not make four; in clumsy hands, they often make three or even less; but they can make five or six. - Louis-Herbert Lyautey

PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6

03 Mar 2013, 10:20

"Ruin my -- " Amneir's face moves into an expression that could almost be concern, since the look is obviously new to her features, though, it is difficult to tell. She grabs Kaetris by one arm and shakes her.

"What is wrong with you? You should be so mad at me you want to break this wine bottle over my head! I flirted with -- and then insulted -- your brother. I just kissed the boy you've been crushing on since day one within an inch of his life! First of all, knowing those two things yes, of course I had fun! And second of all, why aren't you more pissed than Fukof finding out he's out of massage oil?"

Henry
Essence 5
Essence 5

03 Mar 2013, 19:51

Kaetris flinches, blushing.

"What?" she asks. "You are wanting me to be angry? I am your host; I was inviting you to come here with me. If there is to be any shame in this moment, it is mine.

"I would only be angry with you, Amneir, if you insulted my honor or insulted my family. You did neither. You insulted my brother, yes, and you insulted me, but only our persons and our opinions, not our honor. I do such things all of the time, and if such things caused anger - well, no one would ever be doing anything."

The Lookshyan sighs.

"I am most foolish, I think, and most jealous, and I... thank you for arguing for me. Thank you for standing at my side."

Kaetris takes Amneir's hand, somewhat clumsily. Her mind searches for more compliments, coming up empty.

"Uh, you are very pretty," she finally blurts out.
You can dare to do anything and succeed in anything, provided you never forget that two and two do not make four; in clumsy hands, they often make three or even less; but they can make five or six. - Louis-Herbert Lyautey

PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6

03 Mar 2013, 20:50

Amneir sighs.

"Balthazar was right, never humanize them. They're like puppies." She sits gracefully next to Kaetris.

"Look, you're obviously feeling bad -- and possibly delusional -- so let's get back to the island and I will treat you to a spa night from my very own stash. Drakkon got all my cosmetics restocked so no more rationing. After a facial, a scalp massage," she plays with Kaetris' hair. "...Make that a deep conditioning treatment. A brown sugar scrub, and a mani and a pedi you'll be a wholly restored person again. And we won't have to get all gushy about feelings and jealously and brother bastardry."

She stands.

"I just wish we could ditch classes and go to Nexus. I think I would sell someone's soul for one of Lily's mud and seaweed wraps right now."

Henry
Essence 5
Essence 5

03 Mar 2013, 21:51

"Erm, yes. We should be going soon. The ferryman was saying he would leave before it was dark."

Kaetris stands and starts assembling everything (and everyone) for the trip back to the Isle of Voices. She didn't understand what most of things that Amneir had proposed were, but she knew that makeup was the highest of holies to the Water-aspect and to insult it was to court disaster. Better to nod politely and go along with whatever she had planned; even a hint of politeness from Amneir was far too precious a thing to waste.

"Nexus is nice," Kaetris says, "but it is crowded, and it has a smell. My brother was taking me there once."

PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6

04 Mar 2013, 08:19

Amneir tosses her hair and blows a kiss to her former admirers at the bar as they leave.

"Never been. My first appointment with her was a birthday gift from my mother. The moment Jaded Lily walked in with that gorgeous tiger of hers, I knew she would be my eternal inspiration. What she did for cosmetics, I would do for fabric and fashion. What about you?" She looks at Kaetris sidelong as they approach the boat. "What do you want to be?"

Henry
Essence 5
Essence 5

04 Mar 2013, 13:21

"My honored father is, how is it said, a general? The general of the Skyguard. It is a most important position. I would like to be doing the same, to bring honor to my family and to help Lookshy as best I can.

"Well, not in the Skyguard - I do not like the flying so much. Ha ha. But to be a general of one of the Field Forces, as Karal Linwei does? That would be best. You would like her very much I think, Karal Linwei. She is most beautiful."

PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6

07 Mar 2013, 18:55

"I have no idea who that is," she says distantly as she considers the unopened bottle of wine in her hands. "But if a general is what you aspire to, you might want to do something about that charisma. History is littered with people who risked their lives because of a beautiful face. I should think a general should be beautiful as well. Ugh, talking about military is so depressing!"

Raiden
Essence 5
Essence 5
Topic Author
Title: Dead-Eyed Angel
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Righteous Devil Style - aka Shoot It Till It Dies
Artifact: Twin Orichalchum Plasma Tongue Repeaters

11 Mar 2013, 01:14

The man operating the ferry looked up from his booklet as the group approached. He took a quick look at the sun.

"You lot sure went through quick. Would've guessed ya had at least another half hour 'r so. But jus' means I get back in time fer leftovers." He places the booklet down beside his chair, the title "How To Train Your Dragonblo-" being partially obscured before sliding the rest of the way into his pack. "Come aboard then. Find a dry place ta sit and we'll have y'all back in time fer lights out."
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Henry
Essence 5
Essence 5

12 Mar 2013, 09:20

"Yes, it is not bad to be looking good," Kaetris said carefully, "but that is not everything. One should also be aware that what is good in the Realm is not good in other places, and what is pretty in the Realm is not pretty in other places. It is important to look pretty to the people who are in front of you."

When they get to the ferry she helps the others aboard and thanks the ferryman for waiting.

"It is too bad our trip was too short, but not all things happen as you wish."

kyriotsu
Essence 4
Essence 4

14 Mar 2013, 17:30

Morgan had been very quiet for the rest of the time at the alehouse - not that he hadn't done anything, mind, he'd sipped at a small glass of wine he'd ordered shortly after Amneir had released him. Or was it the other way 'round.

Truth be told, he'd revisited that more than once with a somewhat bemused mindspace. She'd hooked his collar and hauled him forward, locked her legs around his waist; and whilst he'd meant to approach it much like clockwork, he'd found himself diving in headfirst. A most confusing thing. Where she'd thrown her legs around him, he'd put one arm in return around her waist; and while her hands gripped the back of his neck, he'd wound his other free hand into the back of her hair. Hell, the Ragaran had even responded to it. With ardor, no less; while she pulled him up, he'd pulled her flush, and when the tip of her tongue glided along his, his had returned with a darting glide - serpentine.

On the whole? It was...soft.

Yes, that was all his brilliant mind could focus on at that particular moment in time. Overall, that is. Her hair, her curves- hell's bells, even her lips. Ai ya.

Still, when he'd drawn back, his face was as expressionless as ever. Took her seat, even - ordered that wine and just waited. And ruminated. On things. More than a few. He was awfully good at ruminating, you know - looking at problems from all angles, worrying them down to the basics, planning for them, around them, through them, above or below them.

On the positive side, at least Amneir and Kaetris were getting along better. Of sorts.

Morgan accepted Kaetris's assistance onto the ferry, poker-faced as ever; took a seat, looking out over the water. Though he looked more at the sunset and the dimming sky, the air above, than the water itself. Perhaps some meditation before tonight's decoding of the journal was in order.

Raiden
Essence 5
Essence 5
Topic Author
Title: Dead-Eyed Angel
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Righteous Devil Style - aka Shoot It Till It Dies
Artifact: Twin Orichalchum Plasma Tongue Repeaters

17 Mar 2013, 01:32

The ferry pushes off from the shore, turning to head toward the Isle of Voices. As the ship travels along the water, the sun slowly dips down to the horizon. As the shadows grow, there are sounds echoing out across the water. The bobbing of a giant head came up from the water a good distance away, letting out a haunting cry before dipping back down into the water. The waters around the Isle of Voices are filled with runaway or intentional experiments which made water travel at night rather difficult. Even with the warding on the bottom of the ferry, if they made too much of a ruckus they would have been noticed and sunk.

The group made it back to the shores of the Isle before nightfall, the ferryman tying up the boat and walking off with his pack. "Right, back before lights out, jus' like I promised. See y'all come the weekend."
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6

17 Mar 2013, 22:33

Amneir winks at the ferryman as she leaves the boat.

"I sure hope we will see you again."

She blows him a kiss and continues on her way.

"Kaetris! Come on!"

Henry
Essence 5
Essence 5

18 Mar 2013, 08:37

Kaetris thanks the ferryman, and then makes sure Morgan and Althena get off the boat alright. Morgan looked...strange. Then again, he always looked strange (and handsome), so who could know if anything was actually wrong?

"Yes, I am coming," Kaetris calls out to Amneir, hustling to keep up with her. "What is it we need to be doing? You are wanting to give me something, yes?"

Kaetris was suspicious of this whole operation, but she was willing to give it a try. At the very least Amneir was talking to her, which meant Kaetris was one step closer to redeeming her earlier, dishonorable behavior.

kyriotsu
Essence 4
Essence 4

18 Mar 2013, 09:55

Boots hit the ground, shoulders oriented towards the building, and feet started walking. The ferryman's goodwill was met with a curt nod; more than that would have required Morgan's head to be less...clouded. There was a murmured 'Good evening' to his erstwhile compatriots as they moved up the trail towards the school - and a newer resolution.

Perhaps an early evening snack was called for before translation. Yes.

PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6

20 Mar 2013, 21:50

Amneir looks Kaetris over again.

"Well your skin is fine, but that hair needs some serious conditioning treatment, and if your hands are indicative of your feet, we will need some serious manicure and pedicure work. And a body scrub never hurts. Then we will do a make up tutorial. If you could do something with your eyes and lips people wouldn't notice your wide hips and nearly invisible waist. So, you go strip down while I gather some supplies."

Henry
Essence 5
Essence 5

21 Mar 2013, 12:46

Kaetris frowned, looking down at her waist. It was perfectly visible to her - there was plenty of muscle there, as it was a very important part of the body to exercise. Amneir must have some sort of obscure criteria that she was judging her by, unless the whole thing was metaphor that Kaetris didn't understand.

The Earth-aspect shrugged. Whatever Amneir wanted, she would do, and the idea of doing something for her hair was appealing. Though Kaetris was suspicious of the make-up proposal, as she had no desire to look like a painted doll. Maybe she could get Amneir to reduce her requirements in that regard.

"Very well," she says, "I will be seeing you in a short time."

Kaetris trotted back to her room and stripped out of her dress uniform, into a loose robe that she tied with a cloth belt.