BrilliantRain
Essence 8
Essence 8
Topic Author
Title: The City of Mod
Exalt: Alchemical
Fighting Style: Primordial-Machine Weaving
Artifact: Eye of Autochthon

The Celestial Teahaus (Free-form, Open, Teahaus)

19 Nov 2009, 22:26

Yu-Shan, the Celestial City! Commonly known as Heaven to the unenlightened masses of Creation, it was the home of the Celestial Bureaucracy and home to more gods, elementals, exalted and other divine beings than you can shake a stick at. It also held The Teagod's Temple, the best tea house in all of Yu-Shan, which was always bustling with customers, from high-ranked deities to lesser demigods.

This morning, as the Golden Barque lifts off, Kara Thrace, Goddess of Caffeinated Beverages, opens the doors to the morning rush. What do you do?

(Ok, so here's the deal. This is a free-form RP Thread. Feel free to get as weird as you want. This thread has a perfect defense against cannon and having to make sense, so long as everyone is having fun. Now, go forth and have fun!)

Mod Text is in Green

Do you have enough Tools, King of All Craftsmen?

Obscaenus
Essence 5
Essence 5
Title: Night Sky Revelations
Exalt: Sidereal
Fighting Style: Thousand Revenant Infinities Style
Artifact: Knives of the Endless Road

Re: The Celestial Teahaus (Free-form, Open, Teahaus)

22 Nov 2009, 23:19

A man in loose, orange-and-yellow garb slips quietly through the crowd towards a small table. Taking out a small book on principles of magitech, he sits down, ordering a fruit tea and a warm breakfast when the waiter-god comes over.

BrilliantRain
Essence 8
Essence 8
Topic Author

23 Nov 2009, 15:16

An attractive young woman in an odd backless blouse and loose pants which tie at the ankle, both in shades of dark blue, goes through the line and gets a fruit plate and herbal tea. She then hurries over to a table and pulls out a big stack of paperwork, absently munching mango slices as she does so. She looks slightly frazzled and the bags under her luminous blue eyes suggest lots of late nights.

(Sidereals will recognize her as Wild Berry, a recently Exalted Bluesid. They will also note that she's actually a beastman, who is using a resplendent destiny to appear to be a human Sid. Specifically, she's a rather fetching mix of fruit bat and human, with large eyes in a mostly human face, light fur and hair that both look like they're usually well groomed, and large wings attached to her arms, currently furled. While she technically hasn't chosen a faction yet, both the Bronze and Gold factions find her rather suspicious.)

Mod Text is in Green

Ari
Essence 2
Essence 2
Title: Quickblade
Exalt: Infernal
Fighting Style: Hide behind the 7-foot Siaka Lunar
Artifact: Compliant Umbral Panoply

23 Nov 2009, 17:29

A man in a black mandarin-style outfit enters, carrying a sheaf of numerous papers. As he enters, one slips from his grasp, and he spends a second holding up the line to retrieve it. He looks fairly unassuming, with an apologetic look. The Sidereal is not a frequent customer to the Teagod's Temple because of the enormous amount of work that typically plagued his desk. Today, however, it seems he has finally made time to slip in for a working breakfast. As he walks in, he gives his order to the Waitress-Goddess: white tea with chamomile, honey, and plenty of milk. As he looks for a seat among the rapidly-filling tables, he spots an acquaintance and makes his way over.

"Oh, hello. You're the new addition to the Bureau of Serenity, right?" he smiles at the Beastwoman, "You've really made a good choice, coming here. The Teagod's Temple is the best place to get breakfast, if you can find the time to get over here; it's not exactly on the way to the Bureau of Destiny," he suddenly remembered his manners, obviously annoyed with himself that he had forgot them thus far, "I'm Cinder Moth, of the Bureau of Journeys. You don't mind if I sit here, do you?"

(Sidereals and members of the Celestial Bureaucracy dealing with the Bureau of Destiny will recognize Cinder Moth, a severely-overworked mid-level functionary for the Bureau of Journeys. When he finally has time off from plying through paperwork, he does work for the Gold Faction in the South. He's well-known as a Gold Star. The Bronze Faction thinks of him as just another bumbling fool the Gold has attracted. The Gold Faction has given him a modest station because of his work-load and less-than-stellar track record.)
Exquisite Bride Obsession - A choose-your-own-adventure romance.

Andrensath
Essence 3
Essence 3
Exalt: Abyssal

23 Nov 2009, 17:54

Seconds later, a tall woman joins the back of the queue, dressed as always in a backless red gown to allow her wings freedom. A bag is slung over her right shoulder. She waves to Wild Berry and Cinder Moth.

(Sidereals and members of the Division of Battles will recognise her as the recently exalted Queen in Crimson Glory, Air Folk and former ruler of one of the Hundred Kingdoms. She's not a Faction member as yet.)

Fenris
DOOM HAS-Ohlookit Shinies!
Title: Sleepy Zenith
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Sorcery and Pillow Charms
Artifact: Glorious Solar Comforter

23 Nov 2009, 20:37

The subtle aroma of tobacco smoke can be detected in the air. Should anyone follow the smell, they would notice a woman with star-speckled eyes that matched her scarlet mane already seated in the far corner of the tea house. Her outfit is a white shirt with ruffles and a pair of dark gray cavalryman pants. A jacket cut in the style of a dated Lookshayan military dress uniform is draped over the back of her chair. Her booted feet are resting comfortably on an adjacent seat and close at hand is an ornate basket-hilted saber that is propped up against one of the table legs. Between her ruby lips is a delicate, long stemmed pipe made of blackened wood and red jade. A lazy ribbon of smoke emanates from the tiny bowl of her pipe and dissipates into the air.

Her eyes briefly glances away from the newest volume of the Aerial Legion's Dogfights and Aircraft Monthly in her left hand and silently salutes the newcomers with a tilt of her pipe before returning to her reading.

(Sidereals and employees of the Bureau of Destiny would recognize her as Karal Midnight Rose, a Chosen of Mars and a veteran field agent from the Western Convention.)
Zhao Yi, "Venus! Will you look at the size of this closet?"
Midnight Rose, "Sifu, we're looking for booze here."

Current story is Sun and Stars which can be found in my notebook.

BrilliantRain
Essence 8
Essence 8
Topic Author

24 Nov 2009, 01:50

Berry looks up at Moth, with glazed eyes for a second, before finally seeing him "Oh! Um, nosir. Please sit. Sorry, I'm still getting used to all of this and going over the paperwork my....predecessor? left and everything. And that's in addition to everything the Bureau expects from me, my Martial Arts training, my marital arts training, my Fate weaving lessons, etc. I don't know how any of you cope!" She bites down hard into a Peach.

She waves back to Glory, inviting her to sit.

Mod Text is in Green

Andrensath
Essence 3
Essence 3

24 Nov 2009, 21:11

Glory collects her pie and coffee before going over to Berry's table. "Hey, Berry. Anything interesting happening in your Division?" The Battles takes a seat across from her friend.

BrilliantRain
Essence 8
Essence 8
Topic Author

25 Nov 2009, 00:25

"Paperwork. Lots and lots of paperwork."

Mod Text is in Green

Andrensath
Essence 3
Essence 3

25 Nov 2009, 01:01

"I said interesting. Paperwork is the opposite." Glory replies, smiling slightly.

BrilliantRain
Essence 8
Essence 8
Topic Author

25 Nov 2009, 19:47

"Why aren't you ever tired? I'm being run ragged trying to learn all these things they're teaching me and catching up and everything. At this point, I don't think I'd know interesting if it flew past."

Mod Text is in Green

Andrensath
Essence 3
Essence 3

25 Nov 2009, 19:53

"I used to be a queen, Berry. I've been coping with the level of work they're saddling us with for several years."

Ari
Essence 2
Essence 2

27 Nov 2009, 21:34

Cinder smiles slightly at the novice's mention of training twice. Yes, this kind of thing tended to happen a lot in new Exalts... and even the older ones who still haven't gotten a grip on things yet, "Coping comes eventually... usually. I mean, sometimes it doesn't, but you can't really worry about it. I mean, even if you do worry about it, it's not like anything's going to change..." he trails off, realizing he hadn't really said what he meant to say.

As Glory sits down, he smiles in greeting, "I'm glad you're handling work; that makes one of us, at least." Cinder accepts his tea from one of the Waitress-Goddesses, sipping it gladly. He sits down the sheaf of papers he has in his hand, attempting to take up as little room as possible on the already-cluttered table, "I haven't been caught up on paperwork since the first day, not even once," he gives a self-deprecating smile and bends down to work on the papers before him.

BrilliantRain
Essence 8
Essence 8
Topic Author

29 Nov 2009, 21:07

*Sigh* "Well thanks for trying to cheer me up, Sir. And you might have been born a queen, but I was born into a small village in the East. The closest I ever got to paperwork was fetching things for our Shaman. I was an apprentice wood carver, what do I know about paperwork!"

She throws her hands into the air, her wings inadvertently creating a small gust of wind which threatens to topple her stacks of paper. "Eep!" She grabs them quickly before they can fall over.

".....why do I keep doing that....."

Mod Text is in Green

Andrensath
Essence 3
Essence 3

29 Nov 2009, 21:52

Glory smiles slightly. "Don't worry about it, Berry. I'll teach you the techniques I use to keep on top of stuff."

Ari
Essence 2
Essence 2

30 Nov 2009, 10:04

Cinder's attention is piqued when Glory mentions tips, "Oh, um, if you don't mind, ma'am, I think I could benefit from those lessons also, if you wouldn't mind having another student..." he bows humbly.

"As for Miss Berry... I suppose you could leave some of your paperwork at your desk, supposing you don't need it all... I've been assigned some huge projects that required so much referencing that my office was impassable for weeks... luckily, a friend came and dug me out before I starved..." he trails off, reminiscing.

BrilliantRain
Essence 8
Essence 8
Topic Author

30 Nov 2009, 11:46

Berry gets a sad look in her eyes ".....I did leave most of it at my desk. This is just the things I'm supposed to be finishing while I have breakfast. And thank you very, very much Glory. I really need something to keep from going insane at all this pressure."

Mod Text is in Green

Andrensath
Essence 3
Essence 3

04 Dec 2009, 23:55

"No problem. Us newbies have to stick together, right?"

BrilliantRain
Essence 8
Essence 8
Topic Author

08 Dec 2009, 00:01

"Yeah. Especially us winged ones. ....Is there anything I can help you with?"

Mod Text is in Green

Andrensath
Essence 3
Essence 3

08 Dec 2009, 00:07

Glory smiles. "Wellll, there is an *extremely* pretty Serenity I've been crushing on for a while..." She says, winking at Cinder.

BrilliantRain
Essence 8
Essence 8
Topic Author

08 Dec 2009, 16:30

"Oh?! Who is it!?" She clearly likes gossip.

Mod Text is in Green

Andrensath
Essence 3
Essence 3

08 Dec 2009, 16:39

"She's sitting in this room right now." Glory says, smiling at her friend fondly.

Keichiokami
Essence 2
Essence 2
Title: Eclipse
Fighting Style: Dreaming Pearl Courtesan Style
Artifact: Elegant Destiny Exectutioner

09 Dec 2009, 00:11

A handsome youth, with long white hair pulled back into a pony tail, and mischievous sparkling blue eyes enters. His skin tone is fair, and he has a slight, yet athletic build. He is wearing a fine blue silk mandarin collared shirt with a pattern of silver dragons with silver buttons, silver pantaloons and elegant soft leather sandals. In his hands he cares a bundle of scroll case with various seals of fortune and good luck decorating them.

He hastily finds a lone table and awaits a waitress to approach him. When one arrives flashes her a wily smile and says in a silver belled voice.

"Yes may I please a order of peace blossom infusion with just 5 drops of honey please?"

((To most who work for the Bureau of Destiny this young man is a mystery! He has been spotted entering and leaving the offices of Luranume, the Master of Fivefold Luck. All his scrolls bear the seal of the Deity as well. His name is rumored to be Irresponsible Carnation, and he serves Luranume directly. Rumors also whisper that is a Chosen of Luna))
May You Live in interesting times

BrilliantRain
Essence 8
Essence 8
Topic Author

09 Dec 2009, 12:09

Andrensath wrote:
"She's sitting in this room right now." Glory says, smiling at her friend fondly.

Berry looks around a bit, then back at Glory's smiling face "Who is it? .....Wait, me?"

Mod Text is in Green

Keichiokami
Essence 2
Essence 2
Title: Eclipse
Fighting Style: Dreaming Pearl Courtesan Style
Artifact: Elegant Destiny Exectutioner

09 Dec 2009, 12:44

Carnation looks up from his tea, and notices Glory and Berry whispering to one another. His curiosity peaked he flashes a smile at them and waves.
May You Live in interesting times