Third Edition

Moderator: Forum Gods

 
User avatar
Aoki
Essence 2
Essence 2
Posts: 57
Joined: 14 Sep 2009, 15:33
Title: Shining Blossom
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Melee
Artifact: Sinaris Grief
Location: SC
Contact:

Re: [TbL] Prelude: A Cold Night.

24 Jan 2010, 20:23

Shining Blossom allows herself a slight blush at Kunait's compliment, her pale cheeks turning a light tinge of pink. This seems unlike Kaza, concealing anything isn't really in his nature, though I suppose I can press him for information at another time she thought, brushing her hair over one ear, making sure that the young Yuru was watching as she did so. As for this one, its best to just further entrall him, just in case I need a favor someday.

Turning to the youthful Air Aspect, Blossom gives him a knowing, gentle smile.


"Master Kunait," she began, "I believe you speak too highly of me, but I will do my best to aid you in your endeavor. I shall make it a point to speak with the admissions board about your case, but if you are as brilliant as I have heard you should have no trouble being admitted."
 
User avatar
Atriole the Political Pylon
Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author
Posts: 333
Joined: 01 Jun 2009, 22:36
Title: Eclipse
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Thrown

Re: [TbL] Prelude: A Cold Night.

24 Jan 2010, 23:54

Kunait eats a few bites, and then pulls his face up, with a couple of bits of rice sticking onto the corners of his mouth. "Thank you, Shining Blossom." Fhio looks over and opens her mouth "I want to be just like you when I grow up, Shining Blossom! I want to be really kind and pretty, and be nice to everyone!" She smiles, and tilts her head to one side. There is a one second pause.

Bijou giggles a bit in a condescending manner "Now now, Fhio, it's nice to compliment our guests, but I think that's going a bit overboard...". Fhio then points over at her eldest brother "But look, it's true! She's so pretty that she's got my brother's eyes trained right on her! Yuru never gets mushy!". Yuru laughs, and for some strange reason he seems to have forgotten completely that he should be upset. "Aw, I might not be a soft person, but I do care...". Fhio hugs her brother, and Yuru gently ruffles his sister's hair in affection, some of the strands fall loose from the pony tail, making her suddenly look very unkempt. Nobody at the table can keep from curving up the corners of their mouth at the sight of this sibling love.

Kunait looks over at Saod and asks "Will you be doing one of your musical performances tonight, Saod?" Saod puts his hands behind his head, and pushes back his bowl of food. "Nah, sorry. 'Sides, I wouldn't call my jam sessions performances, per se". Bijou suddenly looks very stern and intently towards Saod, but says nothing. Kunait looks down at his food again "Drat... You're good at it." Saod smiles "Thanks, but I still need practice."

Meanwhile...

OOC: Holy cow, so when we make sure we succeed at tasks, we're burning money? And . . . I guess the Resources 5 background is all sorts of powerful, if it can directly enable you to simply go to an ATM and withdraw more Essence when you need it.


OOC: You are burning the equivalent of money, however, Arbiter's Essence is Alchemical Essence, and does not translate well into other forms. So having 5 Resource Dots does not mean you can simply hook yourself to an ATM and become invincible. If you had an Artifact 5 machine for converting essence, you could potentially do that, but that would just be twinking, and that's no fun, right?

An armed Vebael Corporation man just burst into your room, declaring that your patient is to be brought to a meeting. What do you say/do?
 
User avatar
moritheil
Essence 3
Essence 3
Posts: 242
Joined: 23 Dec 2009, 10:47
Title: Gold-fingered Healer
Location: Heisenberg objects!

Re: [TbL] Prelude: A Cold Night.

25 Jan 2010, 03:25

Gold Fingered Healer spends 3 motes peripheral on Sagacious Reading of Intent. Why is this man doing this? Is he really just concerned about getting paperwork signed?

Addressing the intruder, the Solar raises an eyebrow. "Normally, when we have documents for injured patients to sign, lawyers come to see them in the post-surgery ward or ICU. In this way, we are best able to ensure that we maintain their health. This request of yours is highly irregular, Mr . . . ?"

OOC: Did the patient wear a Verbael suit? I'm guessing not, or you would have mentioned it.
Spent so far: 11m personal, 9m peripheral. If GFH doesn't get back any via stunting anytime soon, he's going to be drained before he meets everyone! :P
"Primordials ignored one little realm
and the gods got scared, they said
'We're makin' some exalts and takin' you to Bel-Air!'" - Atriole

Is Pat Robertson moe?
 
User avatar
Atriole the Political Pylon
Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author
Posts: 333
Joined: 01 Jun 2009, 22:36
Title: Eclipse
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Thrown

Re: [TbL] Prelude: A Cold Night.

26 Jan 2010, 14:22

He is concerned about the paper, but there seems to be some ulterior motive surrounding the signing iteslf.

"Paloask" he says as he observes the room around him "And it is irregular, because it is of utmost importance. If I must wait for another arduous process I will, but this must hurry."

OOC: The patient is not wearing a Vebael suit, but it looks like he may be a shareholder.

Meanwhile...

Floating Shadow is in a chamber with two elevators. One of them has people in it, and is moving to the floor he is on.
 
User avatar
Tarnished
Essence 3
Essence 3
Posts: 215
Joined: 02 Aug 2009, 13:48
Title: The Original Dusk
Exalt: Abyssal
Fighting Style: Dark Messiah
Artifact: Soulsteel razor claws
Location: Chillin in Mayru
Contact:

Re: [TbL] Prelude: A Cold Night.

26 Jan 2010, 15:44

Grimacing at the delay, he slides over to the other elevator door, and attempts to pry them open, upon succeeding, he activates raitons nimble perch and slides onto the sill, closing the doors behind him.

If he fails the strength check, I will have him activate raitons nimble perch and hop back through the window he came in through, and slide out of sight.
Please allow me to introduce myself I am a man of wealth and taste.

HELLGUNS!

Obsidian Overlord: Kenpachi is the best First Age Dawn Caste ever.
Veiled Malice: Insane, overpowered, and wearing an underage woman like a fashion accessory?
 
User avatar
Atriole the Political Pylon
Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author
Posts: 333
Joined: 01 Jun 2009, 22:36
Title: Eclipse
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Thrown

Re: [TbL] Prelude: A Cold Night.

26 Jan 2010, 23:13

Rolling Floating Shadow's [Strength + Athletics]

5, 9, 10 = 3 Successes

Floating Shadow manages to pry the door a few inches outward, but only barely enough to squeeze himself through. The doors are broken, and will not open or close mechanically, so he physically forces them shut. He is now in the elevator shaft.

Meanwhile...

Kiza Maxwell has just been briefed on the status of the manse. What does he say/do?
 
Aranfan
Essence 3
Essence 3
Posts: 192
Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:25
Title: Twilight
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: John Moses Brownings bag of tricks

Re: [TbL] Prelude: A Cold Night.

26 Jan 2010, 23:54

Maxwell shakes his head. "Changing the walls of any building is not something that can be done lightly, and the architecture of a Manse is often integral to its geomancy, especially for the higher level Manses. If I mess with the walls without the plans then anything could happen. Maybe nothing, maybe the hearthstone shatters and doesn't reform, maybe the Manse explodes and creates a Wyld Zone ten miles in diameter, without the plans its almost impossible to tell. A shell might be possible, but maybe the geomancy demands a clear line of sight with a nearby natural feature. If you have the plans I will gladly make such modifications as are possible that you desire, if not..." Maxwell sighs.

"I shall ask you a question, and your answer to me is my answer to you: Do you have a complete set of the Manse's schematics?"


OOC: On the one hand, Maxwell is being offered what I presume to be an awful lot of money, which can put his family in the black for the foreseeable future. On the other hand, messing with Manses and demenses can be dangerous, and Maxwell doesn't want that kind of disaster on his conscience.
 
User avatar
Atriole the Political Pylon
Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author
Posts: 333
Joined: 01 Jun 2009, 22:36
Title: Eclipse
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Thrown

Re: [TbL] Prelude: A Cold Night.

27 Jan 2010, 11:39

The CEO fiddles with his pipe "We've had 5 years to do surveying. We know the place inside and out, and of course we have schematics. I'd assumed you'd have realized that." He solemnly looks down for a second and then turns back, with a look of determination on his face "But hey, if yes is our answer, then yes is your answer, so we've got a deal!".

Meanwhile...

Claws of the Verdant East is in a clearing of bioluminescent mushrooms and herbs, which are being harvested by the men from the van.
 
FireSeraph
Essence 2
Essence 2
Posts: 50
Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 08:24
Exalt: Lunar
Fighting Style: Lunar Hero Style

Re: [TbL] Prelude: A Cold Night.

28 Jan 2010, 03:10

She keeps her pace away from the harvesters, watching them intently. Exactly what are they gathering and why? She tries to get a good look at what the mushrooms are, trying to do her best to recall exactly what they are from her limited knowledge of plants. Beyond that, unless they were trying to do something that would harm the Parks in a direct manner, she would continue to observe them, until they leave the Park.
 
User avatar
Atriole the Political Pylon
Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author
Posts: 333
Joined: 01 Jun 2009, 22:36
Title: Eclipse
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Thrown

Re: [TbL] Prelude: A Cold Night.

29 Jan 2010, 11:25

OOC: I'm sorry I wasn't here yesterday, guys. I pulled a muscle in my neck and wasn't able to get to a computer. The game will now continue as usual.

These are Moonshadow Mushrooms, a vibrant and beautiful fungus that grows commonly in parks. They produce a biochemical which creates light, in order to feed the other plants that grow on the forest floor. In other words, they have a symbiotic relationship with everything underneath the forest floor. They are often collected to create beautiful shiny luxury products. What now?

Meanwhile...

What is Gold Fingered Healer's response to the Corporation Vebael member?
 
User avatar
Aoki
Essence 2
Essence 2
Posts: 57
Joined: 14 Sep 2009, 15:33
Title: Shining Blossom
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Melee
Artifact: Sinaris Grief
Location: SC
Contact:

Re: [TbL] Prelude: A Cold Night.

29 Jan 2010, 13:15

OOC: Aww, skipping me Atriole? :razz:
 
User avatar
moritheil
Essence 3
Essence 3
Posts: 242
Joined: 23 Dec 2009, 10:47
Title: Gold-fingered Healer
Location: Heisenberg objects!

Re: [TbL] Prelude: A Cold Night.

29 Jan 2010, 14:21

"Mr. Paloask, I can see that you are in quite a hurry. I certainly have no desire to disrupt your important business. Regrettably, however, I'm not sure that the rules actually permit his release to Verbael's custody in this condition. Properly speaking, it is a matter for the administrators to decide. Have you cleared this with the hospital?"

Gold Fingered Healer omits his personal opinion that as the patient has just undergone a very traumatic event and then full sedation, anything he signs may be questioned in court. Leave that to the lawyers, he thinks.
"Primordials ignored one little realm
and the gods got scared, they said
'We're makin' some exalts and takin' you to Bel-Air!'" - Atriole

Is Pat Robertson moe?
 
User avatar
Atriole the Political Pylon
Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author
Posts: 333
Joined: 01 Jun 2009, 22:36
Title: Eclipse
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Thrown

Re: [TbL] Prelude: A Cold Night.

29 Jan 2010, 23:19

Mr. Palaosk glares at you. "Ugh. I can't see any way to deal with this while staying within my mission orders..." He grimaces "Mission Failure is not an option..." He hangs his hands in his head. "Look... Gold Fingered Healer, I have to ask you, man to man. Please, please, please let me take this patient to the Vebael headquarters... PLEASE!" He holds his hands out to you "I've got this thing inside me, if I fail a mission, it will kill me. My mission is to bring this shareholder into the meeting, and the device will go off if I don't. I'm not technically supposed to tell you about this, but I really don't want to die... I have a family... Please...". He is crying on the floor, choking up tears.

Meanwhile...

Floating shadow is in an elevator shaft. What do you do?
 
User avatar
Tarnished
Essence 3
Essence 3
Posts: 215
Joined: 02 Aug 2009, 13:48
Title: The Original Dusk
Exalt: Abyssal
Fighting Style: Dark Messiah
Artifact: Soulsteel razor claws
Location: Chillin in Mayru
Contact:

Re: [TbL] Prelude: A Cold Night.

30 Jan 2010, 13:35

He will chuckle silently to himself...this could work better than the original plan (not that he had one, but hey). Activating wall climbing technique he strolls down the wall to the correct floor, prys the doors below him open, and hops out onto the floor, lightly brushing the dust and cobwebs off of his cloak and sighing in annoyance (he woudl have to have it cleaned, and he was running out of no questions asked dry cleaners). Gliding down the hallway like he owns the place, he starts looking through the doorways for his primary target...
Please allow me to introduce myself I am a man of wealth and taste.

HELLGUNS!

Obsidian Overlord: Kenpachi is the best First Age Dawn Caste ever.
Veiled Malice: Insane, overpowered, and wearing an underage woman like a fashion accessory?
 
User avatar
Atriole the Political Pylon
Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author
Posts: 333
Joined: 01 Jun 2009, 22:36
Title: Eclipse
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Thrown

Re: [TbL] Prelude: A Cold Night.

30 Jan 2010, 23:22

Rolling Floating Shadow's [Perception + Awareness]...

1, 3, 4, 4, 4, 7 = 1 Success

Floating Shadow keeps going down the elevator shaft for a long time, convinced that the treasure must be lying in some unseen basement. At the last possible moment, Floating Shadow notices that the cable is pulling, and looks up, seeing the elevator being pulled down at a breakneck speed, and hustles to pry open the nearest possible door.

Rolling Floating Shadow's [Strength + Athletics]...

6,8,9 = 2 Successes

The door is forced open in haste, and only a space barely big enough to allow the roguish Floating Shadow through is created. Floating Shadow of the Nebulous Night stumbles from the elevator door into a room full of Shareholders, Corporate Members, and the President of Corporation Vebael. Everyone looks shocked. Kiza Maxwell is also standing right in front of the President at the Podium.

Meanwhile...

Kiza Maxwell, you have just had your mission statement accepted, when suddenly a rogue just burst through the elevator door. What is your response?
 
User avatar
Tarnished
Essence 3
Essence 3
Posts: 215
Joined: 02 Aug 2009, 13:48
Title: The Original Dusk
Exalt: Abyssal
Fighting Style: Dark Messiah
Artifact: Soulsteel razor claws
Location: Chillin in Mayru
Contact:

Re: [TbL] Prelude: A Cold Night.

30 Jan 2010, 23:25

((oh, in that case he totally has the wth are you dorks doing here in MY room look on his face))
Please allow me to introduce myself I am a man of wealth and taste.

HELLGUNS!

Obsidian Overlord: Kenpachi is the best First Age Dawn Caste ever.
Veiled Malice: Insane, overpowered, and wearing an underage woman like a fashion accessory?
 
Aranfan
Essence 3
Essence 3
Posts: 192
Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:25
Title: Twilight
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: John Moses Brownings bag of tricks

Re: [TbL] Prelude: A Cold Night.

01 Feb 2010, 20:00

Maxwell raises an eyebrow and says with a slight smile, "I thought a deal had to be in writ..." when the Abyssal comes in.

The Twilight heats up his Gauntlets and takes a defensive stance between the intruder and the President and declares, "Who are you?"

He also rolls (I want to say [Wits+Awareness], but it might be [Perception+Awareness]) to find out as much as he can about the intruder from visual inspection.


OOC:Edit: actually, considering he's an abyssal it might be Perception+Lore
 
User avatar
Tarnished
Essence 3
Essence 3
Posts: 215
Joined: 02 Aug 2009, 13:48
Title: The Original Dusk
Exalt: Abyssal
Fighting Style: Dark Messiah
Artifact: Soulsteel razor claws
Location: Chillin in Mayru
Contact:

Re: [TbL] Prelude: A Cold Night.

01 Feb 2010, 20:03

((OOC: keep in mind, he is hiding his face and hair with a scarf like thingy, and wearing all black))
Please allow me to introduce myself I am a man of wealth and taste.

HELLGUNS!

Obsidian Overlord: Kenpachi is the best First Age Dawn Caste ever.
Veiled Malice: Insane, overpowered, and wearing an underage woman like a fashion accessory?
 
User avatar
Atriole the Political Pylon
Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author
Posts: 333
Joined: 01 Jun 2009, 22:36
Title: Eclipse
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Thrown

Re: [TbL] Prelude: A Cold Night.

01 Feb 2010, 21:43

Rolling Kiza Maxwell's [Perception + Lore]...

2, 4, 4, 6, 8, 9 = Two Successes

The man you see before you is most certainly violating the dress code. He's wearing all black, so he's either an assassin or some kind of cat burglar. Since he's all black, it would make sense to assume he's an Abyssal, though you aren't 100% sure (You never are until the anima goes flarey flarey).

The entire auditorium is aghast. Nobody was expecting this, least of all the rogue (from the looks of it). One of the security guards brandishes a Lightning Cannon (Shoulder Mounted Tazer Gun) at Floating shadow of the Nebulous Night. Rolling Guard's [Wits + Awareness]...

Strife!

2, 5, 7, 8, 10, 10, 10 = 8 Successes

Meanwhile...

Claws of the Verdant east sees the men stealing the shiny mushrooms. They are a key cornerstone to the park's ecosystem (if one can call it that, since it's been mutated beyond belief). What is the response?
 
FireSeraph
Essence 2
Essence 2
Posts: 50
Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 08:24
Exalt: Lunar
Fighting Style: Lunar Hero Style

Re: [TbL] Prelude: A Cold Night.

01 Feb 2010, 23:08

She waits for a moment, still curious as to why these people were taking the mushrooms, being important (though mutated) members of the Parks, watching for a moment before deciding that if she wanted to get some answers, she'd need to get one of them to talk. She watches some more, waiting for one of the gatherer to move away from the rest of the group, before pouncing on that poor unfortunate soul in an attempt to interrogate that one. If they do not break away from the group, she would have to come up with an entirely different and more direct approach in that case.
 
User avatar
Atriole the Political Pylon
Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author
Posts: 333
Joined: 01 Jun 2009, 22:36
Title: Eclipse
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Thrown

Re: [TbL] Prelude: A Cold Night.

02 Feb 2010, 11:44

One of the men goes to a farther corner of the woods to relieve himself. Claws of the Verdant East.

Rolling Claws of the Verdant East's [Dexterity + Stealth]...

EDIT: OOC: I forgot you weren't using the Excellency, my bad.

2, 4, 4, 5, 9 = 1 Sucess

Meanwhile...

Shining Blossom, you are having dinner with the Rezoak's. (Read the last post featuring you for the details of what just happened, if you please).

OOC: You get two turns, because I missed your last one, Aoki.
Last edited by Atriole the Political Pylon on 03 Feb 2010, 09:07, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
Aoki
Essence 2
Essence 2
Posts: 57
Joined: 14 Sep 2009, 15:33
Title: Shining Blossom
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Melee
Artifact: Sinaris Grief
Location: SC
Contact:

Re: [TbL] Prelude: A Cold Night.

02 Feb 2010, 23:25

OOC: its fine =)

IC:
Shining Blossom blushes bright scarlet at little Fhio's compliments, even as she began to partake of the food before her. Holding her chopsticks with delicate precision, she smiled softly at both the display of sibling love and the delightful taste of the meal. Chosing to remain quiet, she observed the goings on, as was her nature.

When her ears heard mention of music, however, she spoke up. "Saod," she said as she directed her attention fully on the young man, "I've heard much of your skills at music. Please, allow me the opportunity to listen to one of your 'Jam Sessions.' If it pleases you, I would happily accompany you! I do love to sing, so very, very much!" The enthusiasm evident in her voice she hoped would convince him to do so.

OOC: If he's reluctant, Blossom would make a social attack to convince him to perform as she genuinely loves good music (adding her persuasion speciality?). If he agrees, then Blossom would join him to the best of her ability using her song and dance speciality)
 
User avatar
Atriole the Political Pylon
Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author
Posts: 333
Joined: 01 Jun 2009, 22:36
Title: Eclipse
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Thrown

Re: [TbL] Prelude: A Cold Night.

03 Feb 2010, 20:00

Rolling Shining Blossom's [Manipulation + Socialize]...

2,4,5,6,6,6,7,10,10 = 5 Successes

Saod looks surprised when you mention that you might join in. He seems absolutely flattered. "Well... If everyone wants me to, then I guess I will. Don't expect too much of me, but..." His brother gives him a gentle knock on the shoulder, and he giggles a bit. Kunait adjusts his glasses. He seems a little bit jealous of your success in making Saod do his music.

20 minutes later...

Dinner is finished up and everyone is full. Kaza sits back a little, while Yuru is leaning a little further forwards than usual, and is once again trying to get a good glimpse at you without being seen, without much subtlety (One thing few Fire Aspects understand very well). Fhio and Saod are playing hand games of the same ilk as Paper Scissors Rock. Bijou is sitting very tall and pretty, one thing she is very good at. Kunait is doing some calculations on a scroll, and scratching his head at some of tougher ones.

What do you say/do?
 
User avatar
Aoki
Essence 2
Essence 2
Posts: 57
Joined: 14 Sep 2009, 15:33
Title: Shining Blossom
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Melee
Artifact: Sinaris Grief
Location: SC
Contact:

Re: [TbL] Prelude: A Cold Night.

03 Feb 2010, 22:25

OOC: Alright, I'm assuming the performance hasn't happened yet, so I'll run with that, I can edit otherwise

IC: After the meal, Shining Blossom sits with the Rezoaks, taking in the touching family scene with a wistful smile on her face. Discreetly watching Yuru out of the corner of her eye and pretending to be oblivious to his less than subtle glances, she waited for a pause in Fhio and Saod's games.

When the pause came, she coughed a little to get Saod's attention. "Master Saod, if you would still be interested, I'd very much like to hear you play. I do find that music is the best way to end such a grand dinner, and if it pleases you I would happily join you. Though my voice is probably not the grandest accompaniment, it is the least I could do for such a fine meal. Assuming, of course, Lord Kaza does not mind?"

(OOC: Suppose I'd roll Charisma/Performance if he agrees. Blossom is trying to use her voice and kindness to place herself in high regard with Kaza and his family, one at a time)
 
User avatar
Atriole the Political Pylon
Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author
Posts: 333
Joined: 01 Jun 2009, 22:36
Title: Eclipse
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Thrown

Re: [TbL] Prelude: A Cold Night.

03 Feb 2010, 23:30

Kaza Rezoak happily allows you to perform with Saod, who gets out a flute and prepares to play. Rolling Shining Blossom's [Charisma + Performance]...

2,2,6,6,7,9,10 = 4 Successes

At first, he starts out with a somewhat haunting and slow tune, which Shining Blossom's gorgeous voice intertwines with beautifully. Everyone is left breathless at the wonderful performance. With a few second's pause, the next tune begins. It is a jolly and fast sea shanty, and Fhio begins bouncing up and down in time with the music. For the final song, Saod pulls out an essence powered Guitar (Artifact 2) and belts out a 5 minute rock opera, to a piece of music he composed himself. It is by far the most impressive piece of all of them, and this buy has an amazing talent for music.

OOC: If anyone here besides me played up to a certain point in the Phoenix Wright games, then you'd probably have figured out by now what character Fhio is inspired by...

Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests