Essence 2
Topic Author
Title: Tale Chaser
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Swordmaster
Artifact: Twice-blood Edge

[CoA] Nexus Field Trip

27 Jan 2010, 08:27

Nexus is a city of many different faces, ranging from the violent and brutal to the elegant and sophisticated. Though much of where a visitor can go depends on money and resources, knowing the right people can often get you into places of interest.

The streets of the immense city are cold today, the sky being filled with black, deep clouds that have unleashed driving rain upon the city which in turn becomes frothing streams that race through the gutters that line every street. For all that the weather is cold and miserable, the throng of people is untempered. Arriving in the late morning, the crowds are an effort to traverse hindered further by the uncertain footing of rain-slick streets. Wagons dominate the streets, soaked animals heaving at the braces while people flow all about the vehicles.

For all that it is nearly midday, lanterns are lit where streets are especially narrow to provide illumination against the overhanging darkness. Last Ray has a hood for her long coat, wearing it pulled firmly forwards. She dares to tip her head back a little, looking up into the dark sky. "What absolutely miserable weather." she quips, before glancing around. "I, for one, could use some tea to warm away the street dust in my throat, and perhaps spiced wine tonight if this cold doesn't let up."

[Please specify what you brought with you and whether or not you are carrying it yourself.]
[Additionally, whether you are finding your own place to stay, accompanying someone or going somewhere directly.]

Ranakel
Essence 2
Essence 2
Title: Dawn caste
Fighting Style: My shining glorious fist in your face
Artifact: Bling hearthstones

Re: [CoA] Nexus Field Trip

27 Jan 2010, 10:37

I am dressed in dulled colors compared to my usual, and, rain or ash coming, took with me an umbrella. i have a small purse with some silver coins in it at my belt, hidden by my sidebag having some herbs -including two vials of coral snake poison hidden underneath it- a small mirror, and some other junk inside. I only revealed my purse once in the whole travel: when I paid the entrance fee. In the hollow shaft of the umbrella is my actual bribe money, in the form of a generous jade script roll.

"That is Nexus for you. Magnifying every bad trait there is, in the name of good forgotten traits" I answer Last Ray, a slight bit melancholic, but ever so vigilant as well...

Oh, and for sleeping tonight, I obviously will pay a visit to my family. I do have thought of a plan B, keeping in mind the eventuality to loan a large enough room, should the rain have provoked a flood fierce enough to carry away the familial home. Again.
Fun fact: Twilight caste DO sparkle.

Tarnished
Essence 3
Essence 3
Title: The Original Dusk
Exalt: Abyssal
Fighting Style: Dark Messiah
Artifact: Soulsteel razor claws

27 Jan 2010, 12:00

For the trip, Lo dons her blue traveling cloak, and this time a white tunic and pants with black trim. (Her hair is jet black, almost blue, and her eyes are gray).

Mostly she will waunder about the city, following any interesting dragon blood she sees, as for lodging where ever she can find a quick spot, a cheap inn, or an abandoned ally way is where she will sleep.

She has enough currency to find a decent meal every once in a while, and a decent bed (if she chooses).

((I am assuming we have a rally point and time))
Please allow me to introduce myself I am a man of wealth and taste.

HELLGUNS!

Obsidian Overlord: Kenpachi is the best First Age Dawn Caste ever.
Veiled Malice: Insane, overpowered, and wearing an underage woman like a fashion accessory?

piieda
Essence 1
Essence 1

27 Jan 2010, 13:15

Pear looks around her, eyes wide with interest and looking very overwhelmed. She's never been to a city before. She will ask Helenita to take her to the library, and ask, very shyly, where she should stay in the city. She managed to use some of the funds she'd taken with her to buy a new dress, so she is no longer wearing the worn out one she arrived at the tea house in. She isn't carrying much, a little money, having asked the others how much she would need, before leaving she would have also bought a long traveling cloak of simple but strong make.

((A note, she basically looks completely and totally naiive and helpless.))

Sabotura
Essence 2
Essence 2
Title: Cheerful Sidekick
Exalt: Abyssal

28 Jan 2010, 00:04

Little Lotus takes her leave almost as soon as she sets foot in Nexus. She announces that she'll turn up later for information and that she has a few affairs to settle on her own. Hopefully Helitana or Last Ray'll look after Gentle Pear. The kid seems to have her matters under control.

She wears her customary get up, as she always does, with her sword on her hip. The rain does not seem to bother her too much. Her money is spread out about her person in various hiding places, but the bulk of it is in a pouch on her arm, hidden under her wide sleeve. At this moment, it is enough to get her most any thing she might want, within reason. Instead of seeking out lodgings she heads to the more comfortable, shadier area of town and finds a tavern in order to get a proper drink, throw some dice and try to track down some of the Brotherhood, if there are any to be found.
A "sabotura" is actually a breed of cat.

Kurrel
Essence 2
Essence 2
Topic Author

28 Jan 2010, 03:54

For her past, Last Ray pulls her hood down again and turns to face everyone before the group parts ways. "I am going to take rooms at an inn that I know to be safe and comfortable; the Tangled Boar. I can take rooms for us all if any of you are lacking a place to stay. It'd also make a good place to find each other once once all is said and done. I know my way around the city and I'd be glad to help in any way I can."

Hiking her satchel into a more comfortable position, she turns to duck into the crowds, swiftly becoming one more hooded figure to those who choose not to accompany her.

[Details
For Helitana, your family is a little reserved when you return, though they offer accommodation without objection.

For Golden Lotus, with just two successes on looking through the streets, you don't find Dragon Blooded to tail for more than a few minutes or to any satisfying locations.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2387155/

For Little Lotus, she has a little more success and is able to get in contact with a fence who knows of the brotherhood. She has his location. If so, please PM and we'll continue that.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2387161/

For Pear, whether you go with Helitana or Last Ray is important, as to who will lead you to the library.

Please note, I don't yet know how to make Invisible Castle count 10s twice, so check successes yourself as well.
]

piieda
Essence 1
Essence 1

28 Jan 2010, 06:37

((try using this one: http://www.patternspider.net/scripts/exroller. Also, she will go with Last Ray.))

Ranakel
Essence 2
Essence 2

28 Jan 2010, 06:47

"Alright. I won't probably need a room tonight but better be sure... Let's meet at the inn an hour after twilight then."

Helitana, once parting ways with the others, continues her way. First, walking towards her home, paying her respects to her family there, and seeing briefly if all business is done well. This checkup done, she goes to check some members of YouKnowWhat, about five minutes away from the library, in Cinnabar District, in a place that appears as a literary salon.

After a few codephrases, secret signs and hidden passwords, she proceeds, at a table, with a light and somewhat indefferent-sounding tone to tell the one she found a way to talk with: "I seek gold that does not bend, and silver that always does. I have my sights on someone, scavenger king, guildsman of course. I already have the people to do it. All I seek is where to start... If he is not protected by you... Is he ? Oh, and of course, while i am there, I might as well get some... Motivator" she leaves some bills on the table, refering to the usual drug they introduced her to.

Kurrel
Essence 2
Essence 2
Topic Author

02 Feb 2010, 08:18

Updates will be tomorrow. I'll post a general city happening and what everyone would know about. For everything else, expect emails/pms.

Kurrel
Essence 2
Essence 2
Topic Author

03 Feb 2010, 07:53

As well as rain, the city is awash with the news of the upcoming festival, an annual event known as the Siraid Eysens. 2 days of night time festivities, with celebrants donning deep cloaks and masks before elaborate shows of fireworks and skill. It is traditional for theaters to give free, open air performances and for poets and storytellers to get their works told by others besides themselves.

The inn that Last Ray goes to is in a back alley, removed a little ways back from the main streets. The building itself is wedged between two others and, in fact, may even once have been part of one much larger structure. The entrance is lower than street level, with wide stone steps leading down to it. The door is an impassive facade upon which is bolted a brass image of a boar with it's shanks tangled in thorned vines. A rap on the door prompts it's opening from the inside, where the comparative intimidation of it's exterior gives way to low ceilings, silk-smooth wood floors and walls decorated with beautiful tapestries. The furniture is all wood and stuffed material, seats you can sink into and relax, some of which are filled by the variety of clientele already present.

The door guard simply indicates any queries should be asked of the barkeep, a man of solemn, thin and ramrod straight stature with deep eyes and a seemingly natural mournful appearance. His words are warm and smooth, though, as he welcomes Last Ray with a brief smile and asking for introductions of those who came with her. He queries a round of drinks, and during the following discussion Last Ray will hand over coins for board and lodging.

Helitana, Little Lotus and Golden Lotus, please check for private messages.

Ranakel
Essence 2
Essence 2

16 Feb 2010, 08:44

Helitana, once out of wherever she was, walked peacefuly in the streets, her umbrella back over her head. After about five minutes marching, she went to the Library of Nexus, close enough from where she was, and walked in. She nodded to whoever was attending at the entrance, and started looking for a familiar face, or hairdo, eventually tapping her shoulder and whispering respectfully:

"I apologise to distract you from your readings, Pear Blossom. But, now that my personal business is done, I am at your disposal to teach you some basis and habits that will be useful for our little appointement. So, if you could finish what you are doing here, that would be most excellent"