Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author
Title: Eclipse
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Thrown

Re: [TBL] Destiny's Armory

18 May 2010, 11:26

OOC: Yes, we have a lot of problems with people leaving our games. It plagued us last time. I'm hoping whoever's left over can have a fun time, and if necessary, new blood transfusions can be made (but I don't like managing tons of new characters once every month, to see half of them leave). If I have to do it more than once in the future, I'm probably gonna consider calling this off.

Turn Skipped. Also, I mistook you for umbra. Since you've got a higher Occult + Intelligence pool, I'm going to assume that you also understand the same knowledge (also because I'm lazy).

IC: What does Hurn "Steelman" Jones Say/do?

Ranger90
Essence 1
Essence 1
Title: Hurn [Steelman] Jones
Exalt: Dragon-Blooded
Fighting Style: Beat them to a pulp style

19 May 2010, 14:24

"Put it away, whatever it is is making me sick" Hurn said a look of disgust crossing his face. "We should report this to the Patrols, it looks evil."

OOC: as you guys may have noticed Hurn isn't the brightest person around, don't expect him to recognize occult things

Atriole the Political Pylon
Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author

20 May 2010, 11:43

Transfixed by the gem, and suddenly noticing the attention others are giving it, Reeds of the Lost Continent steals the Siphon Sphere away in the folds of her chest plumage. "Well, it's mine now". Bastion clicks his claws slightly, seeming somewhat perturbed, but he doesn't do anything.

What does Rune Fisted Sage say/do?

0m3g413
Essence 2
Essence 2
Title: Tenebrosus Tyrannus
Exalt: Infernal
Fighting Style: Telekinesis

20 May 2010, 14:16

To Reeds: "Before you just walk off with it, do you know what that thing is? I'm fairly certain I do, and, if I'm right, it's far from safe to just carry around."
To room: "I don't really think I need confirmation, but it's better to be cautious with things like this. Anyone else peg that thing as a Siphon Sphere?"
[url=http://www.megaupload.com/?d=22ILBI4C]The Freedom Stone Archive[/url]
[url=http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GA23I1QK]The Freedom Stone - Author Commentary Archive[/url]

Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author

20 May 2010, 21:21

Reeds laughs a little bit "You think I don't know what it is? Of course it's a Siphon Sphere. I'm not planning on using it unless I really have to... These are great for making deals with however... Previous users often become addicted to the power."

What does Umbra say/do?

Silly Being
Essence 3
Essence 3
Title: Reluctantly Chosen of Secrets
Exalt: Sidereal
Fighting Style: Drunken Platypus Improvisation Prana
Artifact: Bureaucracy-Kicking Boot

20 May 2010, 22:12

Umbra approached his elder Steward carefully. "I think it would be best to try and harmlessly destroy it, ma'am. It could be well used in the right hands, yes, but it is simply too dangerous for anyone to have the right hands short of the Silver Lady herself." He swallowed nervously. He was poking a hornet's nest here, but aggregate Essence of the dead was not the kind of juju he wanted anywhere near him or anyone else in the same Direction.
Fun is serious business. And vice versa.

Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author

22 May 2010, 22:49

As Reeds of the lost continent stuffs the orb in her plumage with a look of content defiance, she suddenly peers out the window and sees men jumping across rooftops to reach the shop you're all in. She points to the window "I'll bet anything those are the demonic servants who want the sphere, at any cost necessary. Are you sure you want to be the one to destroy it and send them in a rage?".

Meanwhile...

What does Claws of the Verdant East say/do?

FireSeraph
Essence 2
Essence 2
Exalt: Lunar
Fighting Style: Lunar Hero Style

24 May 2010, 19:21

She nods and shakes his hand away from hers. "Good, good...now you're being independent. But a word of advice...women tend to find people who stalks them...a little too creepy for their tastes." She gives him a gentle smile. "But you will need to talk to your fiance as well...find a way out of your marriage if that's what you truly desire. I'm just your excuse to keep delaying it and running away from reality."

She leaps up into the foliage before he can reply and walks stealhily amongst it, watching him to see what his next action is.

OOC: Sorry for the late reply. Thought I had already posted it up yesterday but apparently the post didn't turn up.

0m3g413
Essence 2
Essence 2

24 May 2010, 21:23

FireSeraph wrote:
OOC: Sorry for the late reply. Thought I had already posted it up yesterday but apparently the post didn't turn up.
OOC: You certainly wouldn't be the first of us to which that has happened.
[url=http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GA23I1QK]The Freedom Stone - Author Commentary Archive[/url]

Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author

25 May 2010, 22:59

The man, bewildered, walks back into the foliage, back to his world, to act upon the advice he has been given.

Rolling Claws of the Verdant East's [Perception + Awareness]...

4,4,8,8 = 2 Successes

Claws of the Verdant East notices an object on the ground. It is bluish, smooth and round. It pulsates slightly with every vibration from your skin, every gust of wind from the forest and every breath of every plants, at varying levels of the orbs hues.

Rolling Claws of the Verdant East's [Intelligence + Occult]...

4,5,6,6 = 0 Successes.

Though it is beautiful, Claws of the Verdant East knows very little about this artifact.

Meanwhile...

Obscured Interceptor suddenly scurries into a corner, trying to establish an element of surprise "Aw jeez, I'm not much good at fighting" he squeaks.

What does Rune Fisted Sage say/do about the demon ninjas out the window?

0m3g413
Essence 2
Essence 2

26 May 2010, 09:17

To Reeds: "While I have no problem with sending them into a rage, wouldn't we have to fight them either way? Or were you planning on giving them the Sphere?... You seem to know about these guys. Anything that would be useful in a fight?"
I move to the window and look out.
To self: "And how many are coming, anyway?"

Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author

26 May 2010, 11:42

Reeds looks over at Rune Fisted Sage "I wasn't planning on giving it away, so much as bargaining... And yes, there is something I know about that you'd find useful in a fight: they're much weaker than me, so you could probably take a few down yourself."

As you Rune Fisted Sage peers out the window, she sees the ninjas, all gathering together in fighting stances on the rooftops. One of them stands forward and hold out his hand. A rasping voice calls out "We want the Siphon Sphere, give it here...". There are 16 of them.

What does Hurn Steelman Jones say/do?

Ranger90
Essence 1
Essence 1

27 May 2010, 14:49

What the hell is causing my life to explode like this, its like I was a young one again. Hurn thought as the demons demanded the sphere. He had shuffled over to a cabinet and reached behind it, hitting the SILENT ALARM button hidden there and grabbing his hammer. "No one is breaking into my house" Hurn said with a hint of anger.

Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author

28 May 2010, 22:39

As Hurn reminisces on his youth, pressing the Silent Alarm button, Reeds of the Lost Continent does a jump across the roofs. She stands gracefully, as the ninjas try to all jump on her at once. Suddenly, time seems to stand still. Her eyes open, with a furnace seeming to reflect off of them. She raises her arms and announces "Kyarath Seablem!" The building they are on top of suddenly flies up into the sky, and splits apart into a cube, as her Anima flares like a new star. The Ninjas run along the cube's surfaces upside down, rightside up or along verticle walls with serene grace as it spins rapidly through the sky. She transforms into war form, with a raptor maw, talons, and plumage all across her body.

Some of the ninjas mess up, and fly off at thousands of miles an hour, and others are sliced into tiny pieces by her claws. When the building lands upon the ground once again, it is nothing but a smoldering ruin, littered with the corpses of what had once been enemies. Reeds gets up from a crouching position, and smiles cockily "Any more of you?". She laughs mockingly.

What does Umbra Say/Do?

Silly Being
Essence 3
Essence 3

28 May 2010, 23:17

Umbra facepalms. "Why, why, why is the concept of subtlety so totally lost on some people?" He shakes his head. "Must be a full moon soon, or something." He turns to the gathered Exalted. "Excuse me. I must go fetch the woman who is frightening me more than she has ever before. And that is saying something."

Umbra then proceeds to look out the window to determine the architectural missile's trajectory as best he can, checking for any trails of fallen masonry, bodies, and assorted fluids.

Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author

29 May 2010, 21:03

As Umbra facepalms, and Reeds stands with pride, you hear a crackling of power far away.

An extremely buff and well toned man, standing about 6"6 appears, leaping from the sky. He asks "What seems to be the problem, citizen?" with a keen grin.

Meanwhile...

What does Claws of the Verdant East do about the mysterious blue orb?

Silly Being
Essence 3
Essence 3

30 May 2010, 17:01

((OOC: I realize it isn't my turn, but this perfectly captures Umbra's reaction to this guy.))

FireSeraph
Essence 2
Essence 2
Exalt: Lunar
Fighting Style: Lunar Hero Style

30 May 2010, 19:07

Curious little blue thing. She stares at it for a while before she slips it into her pocket and carries on, examining the half-forgotten tracks that she was looking at this morning so that she could follow the scavengers back to their base in order to discover what they were here for.

Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author

01 Jun 2010, 23:23

The Feral Lunar follows the tracks left by the truck. They go eastwards, under tunnels and over monorail highways. As Claws of the Verdant East runs like the wind, mortals look behind them, unsure of what they saw. As Claws of the Verdant East reaches the merchant sector, near the corporate sector, she sees a building fly up to the house, with an Elder Lunar atop it, being driven into the ground. Corpses of some form of demon blooded ninja brigade are strewn all over the street.

What does Rune Fisted Sage Say/Do?

OOC: I apologize for the time it took me to reply. Freedom Stone wasn't working on my computer for a few days, and I was really worried about whether or not I'd be able to update. Fortunately, I can. Also, congratulations on FINALLY being united under one same place.

0m3g413
Essence 2
Essence 2

02 Jun 2010, 22:23

To self(out loud): "Well, that was fairly impressive. I hope we don't have to pay for that building... Is there anybody left for me to fight?"
I look around for living enemies.

OOC: It wasn't just you, Atriole. I think the site was actually down or something.

Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author

05 Jun 2010, 20:25

Reeds of the Lost Continent jokes "Sadly, there is nothing left to fight, unless you wish to pick a fight with captain color over there." as she points to the Solar hero.

What does Hurn Steelman Jones say/do?

Ranger90
Essence 1
Essence 1

08 Jun 2010, 22:29

"My god, they blew up Jeramie's house" Hirn said to the aide as he ran down the stairs and outside. He turned to the captain and said "Th problem seems to have solved itself sir."

OOC I hope it is ok that I named the guy who's house exploded (seeing as I am the only guy who lives on the street)

Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author

08 Jun 2010, 22:41

The Solar Captain salutes "Well, that's well and good!" He jumps away, practically flying. He proclaims "Onwards, to other justice!".

OOC: That's totally fine. Adds to the setting. I'll only object if you make shit up that doesn't belong (like you suddenly claim that an entire army consisted of only 3 goblins or something).

IC: Meanwhile...

Bastion shakes his head "I think you overdid it, Reeds. And now we've probably made them angry. Might as well destroy it anyways" Bastion takes the Siphon Sphere, placing it in his Right Claw. He is about to crunch it apart.

What does Umbra say/do?

Silly Being
Essence 3
Essence 3

10 Jun 2010, 17:20

"Be careful, Bastion. It's made out of dead souls, so smashing it may carry some heavy backlash. In fact, hold on a second." Umbra emphasized his point by tilting up the bed and hiding behind the makeshift barricade. "OK, now you can do it."

Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author

10 Jun 2010, 19:24

Bastion shakes his head "Whatever you say, Umbra. I'm here to take punishment in your place anyways." he smashes the siphon sphere in his pinsir. There is a bright flash of purple light, as dark energy flows out of the sphere. As the dust settles, Bastion is left panting on the floor. "I feel... Weird..." He says, as he drops down to his knees, and then out onto his belly. His dominant claw is held out before him, with parts of the crystal embedded in it.

Meanwhile...

Shining Blossom is being driven by Gordodge (who is singing to his music) by motorcycle, to one of her contacts, the properteir of a weapons shop in the Economic sector of arbiter. The drive is a bit long, but Gordodge knows a few shortcuts (unsafe as they may be) and you reach there within a reasonable time. As Shining Blossom is brought to the shop, she witnesses the scene of the destruction, where Jeremie's house has been flipped upside down, and ninja corpses litter the ground. On the second floor, through the window, she notices the strange collection of people.

There are five people you can see from there:

- The store owner
- A very intimidating looking woman
- A very skinny youth with whiskers
- A very nerdy looking scholar
- A tough looking martial artist woman

What does Shining Blossom say/do?