WooMod
Essence 1
Essence 1
Topic Author
Title: Not The Ebon Dragon
Exalt: Infernal

[Recruiting] Hex crawling in ancient greece

28 Oct 2011, 23:47

I need some drat games, so why not run my own?
Mazes&Minotaurs is a game that posits the question "What if OD&D was based on greek myths" rather than the insane hodgepodge it is based on. It is a quite robust game that definitely captures an old school flavor. Oh and it's free

http://mazesandminotaurs.free.fr/revised.html

This will be an old school hex crawl style game, which means you all get to be a bunch of murderous hobos in your quest for fame and glory exploring hexes around a central location with no rhyme or reason, other than your desire to aquire ever increasing amounts of glory and/or wisdom. Since this is in mythic greece, said quest will involve treasures, relics, stupid monsters, an endless parade of beastfolk to murder, characters turning to stone, and of course gay sex( :awesome: ).

Things to keep in mind
1) HIRELINGS, THEY WILL DIE SO YOU DON'T!
2) Dropping food and/or loot behind you as you run for your life after you pissed off the minotaur is a good idea.
3) Seriously, make a character who wants to adventure and explore the world, this is a sandbox hexcrawl.
4) If you dick over your party members i will reach through my computer screen and slap you
5) Dickery to NPCs is however encouraged.
6) I'll probably treat the more uhhhh pre-enlightenment aspects of greek society like the TV show rome, they'll exist, they'll be pretty bad, but i won't really dwell on them.

Game will be played over IRC with skype for OOC chatter(OOC chatter in an rpg? :monocle: ), and map tools if i ever feel that a major battle demands i keep track of everything.