Location(s): Whitewall (but most of the North is fair game for story and plot)
Supported Venues: Solars, Abyssals, Lunars, Sidereals, Alchemicals, Dragon-Blooded, Mountain Folk, God-Blooded, Heroic Mortals
System: Exalted 2.5e including all errata material and various new rules (Creation-Ruling Mandate, Simplified Astrology, etc.)
Status: Active (Accepting character sheets from 3/17/2013, officially opening on 3/31/2013
Unbound Anima is dedicated to providing an open-world environment where Storytellers and players can gather to create stories. We offer a moderated setting with an updated character database, a unique Help Desk-style system for managing out-of-scene character action, and a team dedicated to facilitating play. We invite new players and potential Storytellers to register and join this site to access its features, as well as visit our forums to find the pulse of our community. Compared to other sites like it, Unbound Anima offers a shorter-term game with a more flexible setting as we intend to restart our game with the Exalted 3rd edition as soon as sufficient rules and playing options are in place.
- A mid-term game in length: The Whitewall Chronicles are designed to run around 10-12 months, with three overarching metaplots for the playerbase to engage along with in enough time for a grand finale before we relaunch with Exalted 3e.
- An epic-term game in scope: Storytellers are encouraged to run stories anywhere they like, facilitated by flexible travel rules for in character play. Unlike settings intended to support years of play, Unbound Anima's focus on a year of game play means more room for players to stake claim and change the world.
- Thorough setting information: While Compass of Terrestrial Directions: The North is recommended for playing, Whitewall is described in solid detail with all the information a player needs to navigate and play in the greatest city in the North!
- PvE focused, PvP permitted: Whitewall is situated between powerful enemies and players are encouraged to cooperate in building characters to accomplish great things across the North. For inevitable conflicts, Unbound Anima uses Cooperative Conflict PvP rules adapted from the 5th version of Five Rings Online, making it easier than ever for PCs to battle without equally inevitable drama.
- A comprehensive character database: Able to store character sheets, receive and spend experience points, integrated prerequisties for Charms, etc.
- A robust dice roller: Supports dice rolling for scenes as well as providing userID-tracked history for rolls handled outside of scenes. No Storyteller witnessing necessary!
- A unique Help Desk system: This flexible forum-based application gives players the opportunity to meet nearly every out-of-scene need. From bluebooks/behind-the-scenes actions to custom Charms, submitting scene reports and handling complaints, the Help Desk is part of Unbound Anima's commitment to providing fast, timely response to every player.[/li]
Character Database: For creating characters as well as receiving and spending experience.
Forums: For discussions, making groups, brainstorming and asking questions. Includes a Help Desk System for handling Bluebooks, Custom submissions, Complaints and Technical Issues.
Wiki: For player created content including character profiles, businesses, custom room locations and so on.
We hope to see you join us for an amazing first year of gaming