BrilliantRain
Essence 8
Essence 8
Topic Author
Title: The City of Mod
Exalt: Alchemical
Fighting Style: Primordial-Machine Weaving
Artifact: Eye of Autochthon

Are you looking for a game to play in? (ST post thread)

15 Aug 2007, 12:23

From the number of threads we have of people looking for players and players looking for games, I think we need a central clearing house. To that end, I'm making two threads. This thread is so that people who want in a game can find ones that want players.

Any ST looking for players should post a brief outline of the game idea and a link to the game site/information thread/whatever. Once you have all your players, post again to say that submissions are closed or whatever. Other posts are non relevant and should be deleted (unless they are people commenting on how good this idea is).

Mod Text is in Green

Do you have enough Tools, King of All Craftsmen?

Rai
Essence 6
Essence 6
Exalt: Solar

Re: Are you looking for a game to play in?

15 Aug 2007, 20:08

AWESOME IDEA. MADE THIS THREAD A STICKY.

...HOLY FREAKING CRAP, POSTING IN A STICKY!
"Peleps Deled?"
"He's the Bill O'Reilly of Exalted."

AeonPhoenix
Essence 5
Essence 5
Title: Super Mook
Exalt: Heroic Mortal
Fighting Style: BONK
Artifact: Beard of the Heavens

16 Aug 2007, 04:30

Why hasn't anyone thought of this before <_<; ?
Zang! Who is that, sprinting over the freeway! It is AeonPhoenix, hands clutching gilded boxing gloves! He grunts apocalyptically:

"In the name of malice, I lay waste to all I see like a sentient bulldozer!"

AeonPhoenix
Essence 5
Essence 5
Title: Super Mook
Exalt: Heroic Mortal
Fighting Style: BONK
Artifact: Beard of the Heavens

16 Aug 2007, 15:25

I ish looking for a nWoD game..anyone who's planning one lemme know!
Zang! Who is that, sprinting over the freeway! It is AeonPhoenix, hands clutching gilded boxing gloves! He grunts apocalyptically:

"In the name of malice, I lay waste to all I see like a sentient bulldozer!"

t3hsauce
Essence 4
Essence 4
Title: The Gothest Ninja Ever
Fighting Style: I do what I want.
Artifact: Reaper Daiklave

16 Aug 2007, 21:35

Edit: Moved
Last edited by t3hsauce on 18 Aug 2007, 00:02, edited 1 time in total.
Faydra: (15 sux XD XD)
t3hsauce: holy shit
Faydra: (DID I GET HIM)
t3hsauce: hold on let me se- YES YOU GOT HIM!

Starving for criticism.

BrilliantRain
Essence 8
Essence 8
Topic Author
Title: The City of Mod
Fighting Style: Primordial-Machine Weaving
Artifact: Eye of Autochthon

17 Aug 2007, 22:35

t3hsauce, AeonPhoenix, this is the thread for Games Requesting Players! Please remove your posts to the other thread for players requesting games.

Mod Text is in Green

Do you have enough Tools, King of All Craftsmen?

t3hsauce
Essence 4
Essence 4

18 Aug 2007, 00:00

I'll move my post, but please change the title to some thing else so others avoid similar confusion. 'Are you looking for a game to play in?' sounds like it is asking if someone is looking to play in a game, not ST one. Also, 'Are you looking for players' sounds like a question posed to storytellers, not players. I am confused as to why my request to play in a game is being moved to a thread that is geared toward storytellers. :?

Starving for criticism.

Epiphany
Essence 7
Essence 7
Title: Resident Novelist
Exalt: Sidereal
Fighting Style: Running the hell away
Artifact: My Lower Soul

18 Aug 2007, 01:08

It is a question posed to storytellers.

...that's why if you want to play in a game, you'd post in it. So if a Storyteller comes along looking for players, they know where to look. Players might post in the thread but the target audience is for Storytellers.

How would you word it? Because if I'm a Storyteller and I see a thread called 'are you looking for a game to play in' and I'm looking for players, I'm not going to look at it. But maybe that's just me.
BrilliantRain: There are those who would note that sometimes, sometimes, you get the things you really need instead of the things you deserve.
Kailan: If people only ever got what they deserved, the world would be a more miserable place.

My Novels / My Series / My Short Stories

t3hsauce
Essence 4
Essence 4

18 Aug 2007, 02:43

Confusion cleared! Title works!

Starving for criticism.

Coil-Amun
Essence 5
Essence 5
Title: serpent of crystal
Exalt: Infernal
Fighting Style: Charcoal March of Spiders style
Artifact: Symbiotic Armoured Platform Impact.

21 Aug 2007, 16:33

okay, i have a warstrider game in the works, 2ed exalted. the splash and details are on a post of their own in the board but if you like huge fights and over the top magitech then take a look.
"you know what you are? your a beard with an idiot hanging off of it."

<LeumasWhite> what is up, coil
<Coil> i am up leumas!
<Coil> out of bed i mean!
<LeumasWhite> but are you also down with it
<Coil> every day and every night. like fred durst
<Coil> except less shit
<Coil> a lot less
LeumasWhite crosses arms over chest, poses. in agreement, somehow.
<Coil> nice XD

Leviathan
Essence 1
Essence 1
Title: Boddhisattva of Pelagic Crepuscule
Exalt: Abyssal
Fighting Style: Black Messiah Style
Artifact: Soulsteel Direlance - Veracious Ravine

24 Aug 2007, 00:09

Looking for a good 2e Exalted game. Fairly open evening schedule.
"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light." -Plato

Coil-Amun
Essence 5
Essence 5
Title: serpent of crystal
Exalt: Infernal
Fighting Style: Charcoal March of Spiders style
Artifact: Symbiotic Armoured Platform Impact.

04 Sep 2007, 14:21

Coil-Amun wrote:
okay, i have a warstrider game in the works, 2ed exalted. the splash and details are on a post of their own in the board but if you like huge fights and over the top magitech then take a look.

i have one more space open if ppl are interested. had a few drop outs.
"you know what you are? your a beard with an idiot hanging off of it."

<LeumasWhite> what is up, coil
<Coil> i am up leumas!
<Coil> out of bed i mean!
<LeumasWhite> but are you also down with it
<Coil> every day and every night. like fred durst
<Coil> except less shit
<Coil> a lot less
LeumasWhite crosses arms over chest, poses. in agreement, somehow.
<Coil> nice XD

Oz
Essence 5
Essence 5
Title: Vagabond
Fighting Style: Wyldhammer
Artifact: Anti-matter nunchaku

06 Oct 2007, 12:27

t3hsauce wrote:
Confusion cleared! Title works!

WTF are you talking about? It's still whacked. The phrases should be switched for the forums, or changed. I'm still shaking my head and trying to figure out how it's cleared up.
Have gun, will travel.

Kailan - Forum over, everyone go home.

TFS = Man Penis: Very Important

DragonRyoko
Essence 1
Essence 1
Title: First Prototype Starmetal
Artifact: Beam Grand Daiklaive

Re: Are you looking for a game to play in? (ST post thread)

04 Jan 2008, 11:01

I have a 2e game I'm kicking around after watching I am Legend.

looking for a table of 4 or 5 players.

here's the math: Hateful devourer of love ( Soulsteel Warstrider) + Abyssally engineered rabies + 75% Mortality Rate and 5% Immunity rate= ???

basic stuff for it:

Essence 3 preferred

GoldenH
Essence 6
Essence 6
Title: The Scarlet Empress
Exalt: Dragon-Blooded
Fighting Style: MADNESS
Artifact: Imperial Manse

18 Jun 2008, 14:34

I am looking for people to play Panty Explosion with.

If you are interested, PM me! I need two people, game could be on moonsday, wodansday, freyasday or saturnsday.

game thread: http://www.forumopolis.com/showthread.php?t=73715
The pinnacle of shogunate engineering...
Exalted Silver Sands Chronicle

GoldenH
Essence 6
Essence 6
Title: The Scarlet Empress
Exalt: Dragon-Blooded
Fighting Style: MADNESS
Artifact: Imperial Manse

22 Jun 2008, 19:00

I have enough players to run, so I will be doing chargen this wensday at 6pm CST over IRC.

server: irc2.magicstar.net (port 6667)
channel: #explodingmansion

If you need help connecting to IRC, let me know.
The pinnacle of shogunate engineering...

Exalted Silver Sands Chronicle

Sarodinian
Essence 1
Essence 1
Title: Dawn
Fighting Style: Melee
Artifact: Golden Razor of a Thousand Radiant Cuts

14 Jul 2008, 20:07

Hey guys, Sarodinian here with one of his Exalted 2E adventures! This one's called The_East, and I'm hoping to nab some players for it.

Vital Info:
This game's gonna be played over IRC.
IRC Server: Sorcerynet
Channel: #The_East

This's gonna be a relatively serious game, with the potential for epicness.
If interested, please contact me at any one of the following:
IRC: Sarodinian
AIM: LeastInSaNe221
Email: mailto:min@hapeman.com

Abyssals need not apply.

deamented
Essence 1
Essence 1

04 Oct 2008, 18:53

*Fades in*

Yea so Starting up a Solar game... Ziddim has joined me, and maybe you should too. Its play by Post, on RPOL, with adult themes and actions.

http://rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=31686&date=1223160398

Give it a look, still needing a full circle of Solars.

deamented
Essence 1
Essence 1

04 Oct 2008, 20:56

Full... thanks everyone!

Dienco Sangre
Essence 1
Essence 1
Title: Raven of the Silvertongue
Fighting Style: Nonexistant
Artifact: Ring of Being

06 Feb 2009, 12:10

Currently looking for two players for an upcoming game in the vein of the Invisible Fortress canon plot line. The players would have to choose between being a solar and a lunar, and the game will most likely be a modified version of 1E (because I fear change).

Little about myself I spose. I have been a player in four exalted campaigns (only 1 of which finished), and have GM'ed eight campaigns, five of which have come to completion, two of which are currently in progress and numerous small stand alone episodes (for an idea of the length of these campaigns on average I give out 4-8 exp a session and most PC's end a campaign gaining about 200 exp. Episodes usually go 5 sessions and are mainly just an excuse to see the pc's do awesome things in cool situations which of course, is sorta the point entirely). I like 1E because I like rolling dice over having set difficulties in player X player interaction, and it's hard enough to remember all the little rules that come with running a lot of diverse NPC's. Of course if enough of the players want to give it a try we will, but this is where I stand on it as of now.

I already have three players for this campaign. One Lunar and two solars, an extremely diverse npc cast involving standard knife in the dark Bronze Faction Spy/Assasin, Gold Faction Watcher, Cathak Cainan's Grandson who doubts the Realm agenda, Mnemon's Grand daughter who does NOT doubt the Realm but isn't blinded by faith, a Cynis stereotype, a Lunar that can't get any because the PC's ALWAYS break the mood while he/she is trying to get her/his mac on, a Lunar that likes to hit things with an axe 5 times his size, a Lunar who likes to think she's smarter then everyone else, a Lunar who likes to drink and chase all the boys, a Solar Night Caste who reminds me too much of Kvothe from 'The Name of the Wind' and is fairly certain his lunar mate is Raksi, A solar who may or may not be the Hierophant, a Solar who may or may not be a Solar, A solar who may or may not have a Proto Puma Prime for a familiar, a First age Dawn who cannot use Charms or spells, A first age Lunar who is 20 feet tall and spends most of her time pouting and wondering when tea is, a First Age Lunar who hasn't stopped playing her Grand 1024 keyed Court Organ since the Contagion, Some God....Lunatic...Immortal...Bandanna man thing that pops up from time to time to give nonsensical advice or point players towards a goal that won't make sense until the next campaign and oh yeah, just for kicks, Luna, Brigid (in the form of a soul memory imprint found in a ring), and an entire Loom full of irritate and overworked pattern spiders. That's the usual group for this storyline, and I'm told by my current players that my stories usually make sense, come together, and have relatively few loose ends. Although I can't see it myself, but hey if they're having fun and are coming back for this, my 8th campaign, I must be doing something right and they must be having fun.

I have one caveat with players however. If you expect to play a mute, a jack of all trades with stats that do not represent the char being played, or anything in that vein, look elsewhere. I've had players like that, no one had fun in those games unless I split the group 5 ways till sunday and then I had non fun GMing it. If you however are a player who likes witty dialogue (and your good at it, that's a def plus), sexual tension, descriptive actions, a bit of intrigue (I try to add intrigue, but sometimes the players fill in the gaps better then I and I switch things around to fit their awesome character assumptions), loads of drama, and combat that only comes up to advance the plot, then I think we'll get along just fine.

One more thing before my Sale's Pitch. WE SESSION OFTEN. Life is hard and we're flexible but we like to do at least 1 session a week (Usually on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday) but we prefer anywhere between 2-3 sessions a week. This is not a set rule, just something we like to do. The sessions are done via online chat (Currently we use msn messenger but we are considering IRC as a valid alternative), and usually last between 2-6 hours. I try to to schedule sessions at least 48 hours beforehand (I will track all the players down and ask if they would like to or are able to session then, if they aren't we resched accordingly. We're an easy group to work with), and if at the time of a session someone is not present, AND they said they would be present, the session goes on as long as we have a majority of the players present.

Right now if you still haven't said, 'GOD THIS GUY IS A F$%K SCREW THIS GAME', then I probably like you and would like to start a book club (Codex Alera will be our first set of novels). But we'll come to that later. For now...

...PLOT OVERVIEW:

This is a game designed for established characters somewhere between exp 200 and 300. It is quite similar to the Invisible Fortress campaign created by Whitewolf during the first half, although it diverges towards the end into something new. The main idea is the same, artifacts are found in an area beyond the South Eastern jungles. These artifacts make their way into the world, primarily through Jades and the Realm contingent posted there. while most informed think the artifacts from Rathess (those that know of the place) Some savants will be able to tell that these artifacts are unique, and not of Dragon King origin. Shortly after, a man comes from the desert beyond the jungles, claiming to have found a city inhabitied by immortals and savants of unparalleled intelligence and skill. He also speaks of towers carved from gold, jade, and more precious materials. The artifacts and the madman represent two specific vectors in which characters can learn of the city. The madman cannot back his claims sufficiently, however he can produce a piece of light blue crystal. Any sort of inspection will reveal this material to be magical in nature, Exalted Craftsman will recognize it as Adamant at first, however it's unbreakable composition will confuse them, and perhaps pique some interest. The third and last manner in which characters learn of the city is through their dreams. For one reason or another something inside the city is calling out weakly. Exalts who experience the dreams will feel a slight pull towards the South Eastern jungles, and what lies beyond...

The game itself is broken into three distinct sections: Journey, Exploration, and Escape. The Journey section will involve the trip through the hazards of the jungle, the fires of the desert, and ends with the party facing off against a Guardian who will do everything in his power to hamper the players in their search. What comes after I will not say, but I can Guarantee a surprise or two in an ancient city shaped like vaguely like a cog. I can also assure you that the PC's are not the only people interested in the source of these artifacts. Important groups include:Two Dynast parties, An Abyssal Investigator, and a Scavenger Lord and his Fae companion.

If any of this sounds interesting to you (And you don't have a problem with Alchemic Exalts, I ask because some people do) please contact me! IF you have questions...well contact me too, cause I don't think the Admins want questions in this thread.

Looking forward to a good game,

Dienco Sangre
And that's why you don't break my contracts! But does anyone listen to me?! Nooooooooooooooo!
-Eclipse Raven of the Silvertongue (after making a pact that ended with the deathof one of his circle via soulsteel daiklaive being poorly wielded, decapitating a horse, and inevitably being stabbed in the offenders chest before exploding. Yeah, it was a good session.)

Oz
Essence 5
Essence 5

06 Apr 2009, 13:32

Ahem. It's a little out of theme, but I shall test the waters anyway. Would anyone be interested in a Mutants and Masterminds play by post? I have scant details so far, but I'm thinking something along modern lines, with a bit more "comic realism" (Ultimates style) and heft than say, the Golden Age or four color comics. I'll edit when I have something a little more solid.
Have gun, will travel.

Moonsword
Essence 3
Essence 3

16 May 2009, 10:36

I've got a D&D 4E game looking for two players, including one leader. The details are in the thread below about the Lost King.

Oz
Essence 5
Essence 5

05 Jun 2009, 19:18

For Want of a Light
The shadows grew. At the turn of the first decade, things looked bleak for Arcadia. Crime was on the rise, with a new breed criminal leading the wave- thieves who could fly, women who wore impenetrable armor, killers who could walk through walls. The concept of a super villian wasn't new to America at this point, but with the State floundering for the cash to keep schools open, where would the money for a branch of the Defenders come from? Corruption and negligence bore ugly offspring, and the city began to falter. As men and women lost their jobs, with no sight of hope or turnaround, the city seemed to darken. Samuel J. Stihl, genius entrepreneur and CEO of Stihl Armories wouldn't let the city go without a fight. Starting with his personal body guard, the Steel Sentinel, Samuel went to city hall and came back with an answer to crime. The Sentinels. Funded and founded by Stihl, the Sentinels had all the resources they would need to create an effective anti-super crime and catastrophe force. Authorized by the government, they could arrest lawbreakers and assist law and rescue forces. Like a flaring torch against the falling night, the team would give the city a chance at surviving through the teens of the 21st century. But like all lights, one must also note the shadow that very light creates...

For Want of a Light is a Mutants and Masterminds 2nd Edition game, set in the year 2011. Players control PL 10 heroes who have joined the corporately funded super-defense initiative known as the Sentinels. Founded by local icon the Steel Sentinels, the team is not only a crime-busting team of good guys, but a breath of new life for the city. With the amount of manpower required to run the various services bringing new jobs, the ability to contract the team for outsourcing, and the majority of the benefits being handed to a struggling state, the team seems like a miracle to the city of Arcadia. But will it work? The world is the "canon" M&M setting, with certain characters omitted, altered, and used however I feel best suits the game. Super heroes aren't a new thing, but they're not so common you can take in the man stopping the satellite with your morning coffee. The goal for the feel of the game is a smart, modern super hero tale. Think the "Ultimates", with less crappy Marvel super soaps. I'm looking for four or five players, more if needed. You can let me know you're interested via a reply here, a pm, or hitting me up by e-mail. Look forward to playing with you!
Have gun, will travel.

Rai
Essence 6
Essence 6

29 Jul 2009, 19:55

I am running a short (four sessions) online God-blooded game, using the rules found in the (utterly sublime) Scroll of Heroes. More info can be found here at my livejournal.

I want four players before the 4th and two are almost definitely locked in, so hurry up and app. :daiklave:

Atriole the Political Pylon
Essence 4
Essence 4
Title: Eclipse
Fighting Style: Thrown

20 Nov 2009, 23:20

I have a crazy idea for an Exalted game, and I won't run it unless I get maybe 3 players (not going any higher than that).

Format: Post-by-Post (Let's level up our essence while playing, eh?)
Theme: Children's Card Game
Attitude: Very Silly

In the far future, in a world not unlike ours, children play a Children's Card Game. Unbeknownst to them, the power of the Exalted from ages long forgotten have been infused with their trading cards. You play as a group of such children, each with your own deck of cards, with which you can save the universe! Or maybe just your grandpa.

Basically, it's Yu-Gi-Oh in Exalted form. Pretty stupid, but I'm throwing it out there in case anybody wanted to play a silly game.

Since there are a few questions as to how one turns Exalted into a "Card Game" I'll answer those right away.
Basically, it works with the basic same rules as Yugioh did (y'know, that game you played in recess when you were a little tyke, instead of getting proper exercise).

Star chips on your monster cards are replaced with Essence on your Character Sheet Cards used in Combat. So you can summon any character with Essence 1-4 automatically, you must kill 1 Character off as a sacrifice to summon anything Essence 5-6, and you must kill 2 characters off as a sacrifice for anything Essence 7-10.

Instead of Attack/Defense points, when one character attacks an enemy's character on the field, they go into a fight sequence, and the winner survives, and gets to do 1 damage to the enemy duelist's health levels. When no characters are on your enemy's field, each of your character's who have a remaining turn do an unhindered attack action.

Spell cards are replaced with charm cards that can be used once to perform a specific charm's action on a character on the field. Trap cards are replaced with Unsoakable Undodgeable B/L/A damage dealt to whoever you choose to aim it upon when your field is attacked.

Since matches are short (given the relative flimsiness of the mortals behind the cards they use), The deck is 10 cards large at the beginning (and keeps expanding as you go along).

Loss happens when:

A) A duelist runs out of health levels and dies/gets knocked unconscious.
B) A duelist has to pick up a card and there are no more in his/her deck.
B) A duelist uses a particular bunch of 5 stupid cards which automatically make you win the stupid children's card game.

Finally, I understand this game idea is really freaking stupid. It was mainly made for lulz. I'm only offering it if at least 2 and at most 3 people are interested in playing. If you apply, you can either ask to create your own deck out of 10 cards, or have me reach into my enormous folder and make one for you. I understand why you wouldn't want to create 6-8 characters just for one game, which is why I'd be happy to create your own stuff for you.

And also, these duels might take AGES to finish, simply because you have to sit through three or four fight scenes just to see them ending.

So yeah, feedback? Whaddaya think? Any takers?