Moderator: Forum Gods

QuicksilverFox85
Essence 6
Essence 6
Title: Borgstromancer
Exalt: Fair Folk
Fighting Style: All-Consuming God-Monster Stance
Artifact: Flame of the Untamed Wyld [Razor Claws]

Re: Are you looking for a game to play in? (ST post thread)

22 Nov 2009, 11:20

Atriole the Political Pylon wrote:
I have a crazy idea for an Exalted game, and I won't run it unless I get maybe 3 players (not going any higher than that).

*snip*

I'd be up for that, actually. Sounds like it could be amusing, plus it'll dust off some of the characters I have in my "I've Statted These Out But Have Never Been Able To Use Them" file.
Catch you on the flip side...

^_^ QuicksilverFox85
Your friendly neighborhood Latin nerd

"Breakthrough in Borgstromancy - Nobilis Now More Than 10% Understood!
'I Think It's About Flowers,' Local Expert Says" - Axiomatic, rpg.net forums

Atriole the Political Pylon
Essence 4
Essence 4
Title: Eclipse
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Thrown

22 Nov 2009, 14:59

Awesome, that's one. Just need at least one other player and this'll be a go.

Should I make a separate topic for this game? Just wondering.

FluffySquirrel
Essence 5
Essence 5
Title: Fluffiest Squirrel
Exalt: Lunar

23 Nov 2009, 11:26

That does sound kinda interesting actually.. I'd be interested in finding out a little more information and seeing how it goes anyway..

Questions I have so far:

How do you generate the chars for the cards.. do you get a flat XP amount for 1-4 / 5-6 / 7+, and just generate them within those essence guidelines?

Similarly, would need some rules for the actual spell cards and traps..

Another question I have is.. if the spell cards are charms, does that mean the monster themselves don't have charms?.. or are the spell cards just additional stuff on top of things?.. in which case, I wonder if spell cards might be made more special by making them combos or some such.. unsure

How do you gen the duelist.. are they joeys, or yami yugis from the abridged series.. biiig diff ^^
'cause sometimes everyone needs a Fluffy Squirrel to cuddle...

Essence 4
Essence 4

23 Nov 2009, 19:32

Glad to have you, fluffles!

Alright, so character cards. Here's how they work. Instead of using XP, you get bonus points to make them stronger, because bonus points go farther and the character creation process is always applied. Yes, they are built within each of the essence guidelines Each session, every card as well as the duelist behind them gets 5 XP.

To create an essence 1-4, you get the usual amount of bonus points.

To create an essence 5-6 you get 15 more bonus points.

To create an essence 7+ you get 30 more bonus points.

Also, provided it is from a canonical Exalted book, or otherwise ST approved, you are entitled to use mechanics behind Monsters, Elementals, Demons, Undead, Fae, Dragon Kings, Mountain Folk, Primordials, Gods, etc.

Okay, Spell + Trap cards are going to be a bit of a kerfuffle. Basically, there are two types I had imagined.

Type 1: An artifact or weapon/armor for one of your cards to equip it (as appropriate). This is the simplest one to work around, and replaces the equip cards of Yugioh.

Type 2: The spell activates a charm of some kind, upon any target on your enemy's field or your field. When a spell card is used, every initial roll is 10 dice, to simplify things.

Now naturally, counter magic, perfect dodges, excellencies etc may need new mechanics for them. Turning Exalted into a trading card game is by no means an easy process. So I think it might be time for us to create our own discussion topic in the glorious performance of roles section, and talk there, before this topic turns into nothing but wall to wall Yugioh discussions. Besides, now that I've met my player minimum, I think it's time to move on to phase 2.

Yes, the cards do get charms of their own. However, they cannot be used outside of an attacking/defending phase with another card. That's what makes spell cards important and useful, because you are allowed to apply them. The idea of making a combo spell card isn't a bad idea. Definitely discuss this.

Trap cards, as said before, are reflexive unsoakable undodgeable damage applied to any one of the enemy's cards. You can declare a trap card to be used only if the enemy makes an attack onto your field.

The duelists are heroic mortals, generated by the players. They can look or act like whatever you want. If you want to make them ridiculous stereotypes and turn this into YGOTAS in Exalted form, I have no complaints. If you want to make them serious and turn this into SRS BUSINESS, it doesn't bother me either. As long as you're all having fun, I'm content.

EDIT: Alright, the new topic is up. All posts on this subject are to be made there.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8796

Kurrel
Essence 2
Essence 2
Title: Tale Chaser
Fighting Style: Swordmaster
Artifact: Twice-blood Edge

25 Nov 2009, 03:50

Change of Ages
As one age sets, so another dawns.

I would like to find two to three players to run in a play by post and email game. The characters are starting Solars in the Scavenger lands, though as the game progresses travel should take them far and wide.

The focus will be on two things, how the characters develop from their Second Breath into powerful beings and how they change the world around them. As they act, so I want the world to respond and change.

Over a week, I'll correspond via email and minor thread, then post the cohesive actions and consequences in a single, main thread for commentary. Unless conversations and actions run over, I want to have a two-week period equivalent to a session.

I can commit to same-day responses to emails and weekly updates on the main thread.

In this setting;
I won't be including Alchemicals in this world in any way.
Solars are reborn through the ages, not essences attaching to worthy individuals.
Deathlords were never Solars. Whatever they are remains to be discovered.

Please let me know either in this thread or via PM if you're interested in playing.

EDIT : Mature storylines may emerge, including but not limited to Lunar mates.

Vanity Evolved
Essence 1
Essence 1
Title: Heavenly Kitten
Fighting Style: Kitten Amongst Gods Method
Artifact: Shining Paw

[Solo] In search of Eberron or Exalted action...

22 Mar 2010, 16:01

Title says it all, really; but doesn't mean I'm not going to elaborate. ;D

I'm a guy with way too much free time to spend online, and too much of a want to play. However, next to every group game I seem to get into is either slow as anything and dies... or just straight up dies during conception. So, would like to do something solo.

I've recently discovered Eberron, and been reminded hugely of Exalted, another system I've been dying to play for ages. Low power (first level, or possibly even prologue mortal for Exalted) through to high level characters, full of high action, heroics and potentially a good deal of harem anime style goings on. Airships and DAKKA(tm) = more funs. And pirates. Arrrg. I have Messengers for easier real-time discussion of things if anyone is interested, or you can PM me, whichever works out better for you.

Sexy action and brutal violence are optional, but would be adored if included. ;D

dorkknight23
Essence 1
Essence 1

31 Mar 2010, 15:31

Hi everyone! I’m DorkKnight23 (or DK,) I’m new to Exalted, but not to roleplaying and PbP games. I’ve gotten really interested in the setting and am looking to play in and/or run a game.

I’m posting a recruitment thread for a game, “Heavenly Journey of The Second Soul,” which you can find here. Thanks!

NateD
Essence 1
Essence 1

Re: [Solo] In search of Eberron or Exalted action...

03 Apr 2010, 14:37

This post should be in the ST Post Thread or Player Post Thread, whichever one you're going for.

Vanity Evolved
Essence 1
Essence 1
Title: Heavenly Kitten
Fighting Style: Kitten Amongst Gods Method
Artifact: Shining Paw

03 Apr 2010, 14:38

Ah, sorry. >.< Can this be moved to whichever would be for looking for an ST?

NateDojo
Essence 5
Essence 5
Title: Quiet Pool
Exalt: Sidereal
Fighting Style: Optimistic Primate Technique
Artifact: The Omniwheel of Speedy Travels

04 Apr 2010, 20:40

Sure! If you ever encounter such an error in the future, you can press the "!" button on your post. I'll do it for you; it's nothing bad. :D

Kailan
Essence 7
Essence 7
Title: Pattern Spider
Exalt: God
Fighting Style: I will nom your tasty paradox

04 Apr 2010, 21:08

And done! Thanks for the heads-up. ;)
Text in red is modvoice.

(11:18:32 PM) Xanti: The Bronze Faction does not care about your stupid anathema feefees.

This signature was foretold... BY GYROMANCY.

Essence 4
Essence 4

07 Apr 2010, 01:31

Hey, Trial by Laser needs new players. It's a Post by Post game. You can be:

Solar
Lunar
Dragon Blooded
Abyssal
Dragon King

Bad news: Of our initial 5 players, 4 left due to various circumstances beyond our control.

The Good news: You get a chance to play "What if there was a giant central autochthonian authoritarian corporate megalopolis spanning the blessed isle?"

Looking for up to 3-4 new players. PM or respond.

0m3g413
Essence 2
Essence 2
Title: Tenebrosus Tyrannus
Exalt: Infernal
Fighting Style: Telekinesis

11 Apr 2010, 02:36

Atriole the Political Pylon wrote:
Hey, Trial by Laser needs new players. It's a Post by Post game. You can be:

Solar
Lunar
Dragon Blooded
Abyssal
Dragon King

Bad news: Of our initial 5 players, 4 left due to various circumstances beyond our control.

The Good news: You get a chance to play "What if there was a giant central autochthonian authoritarian corporate megalopolis spanning the blessed isle?"

Looking for up to 3-4 new players. PM or respond.
That sounds amazing. Standard creation rules for Solars, with Autocthonian Artifacts available? Also, is there a separate thread for the game?
[url=http://www.megaupload.com/?d=22ILBI4C]The Freedom Stone Archive[/url]
[url=http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GA23I1QK]The Freedom Stone - Author Commentary Archive[/url]

Leliel
Essence 1
Essence 1

18 Apr 2010, 20:16

What he said.

Be forewarned, I am a newb, and thus, I will be making a few mistakes.

FluffySquirrel
Essence 5
Essence 5
Title: Fluffiest Squirrel

01 Jul 2010, 13:04

Currently looking for more players to join my exalted game, as a couple of players are australian and struggling with the time, plus their internet has been down a lot of late and the lack of players is causing the game to get cancelled.

Lessee, details

The game starts at approx 5:15 to 5:30 GMT and currently runs until the australians fall asleep, if we had more players to work with, we'd probably just play until we were tired or some such.
Everyone is currently heroic mortals, you'll exalt as an when you perform awesome (or fail at being awesome, or die.. etc etc, you exalt as you would in Creation basically)
Game is (for the time being) set in the Haslanti League, where the current party are crew on an ice ship.
There are a few houserules for exalted, notibly that combos are now pretty much free, and that perfects are no longer quite perfect, but instead offer various other effects and customisations.
The intent is basically to make all charms you purchase useful, hopefully pull off more cinematic battles with super moves, and for exalts to actually get hit and hurt more regularly (but not die).
Current houserules here: http://www.pixelheaven.net/phw/index.ph ... ffyExalted

If you're interested, just send me a PM and we can go over further details or such.
'cause sometimes everyone needs a Fluffy Squirrel to cuddle...

emerald viper
Essence 2
Essence 2
Title: Changing Moon
Fighting Style: Dodge Charms

03 Aug 2010, 22:19

I may be in the wrong thread, but I'd like to get involved in a play by post.
I'm mostly interested in storyline rather than action - and I absolutely can't
tolerate playing with people who don't type coherently.

I have a lot of experience running Exalted as a Storyteller and have played in
two games so far. I have also played Vampire, Rifts, Eberron, 3.5 and 2 D&D.

nevar_darktongue
Essence 2
Essence 2
Title: Twice insightful
Artifact: The Wings of Luna

14 Jan 2011, 01:20

hey im looking for a play by post game.
im somewhat experienced in exalted and know quite a bit about it
so yeah..thats it ^_^

e-Liz-A
Essence 3
Essence 3
Title: Would-be Ishvara
Fighting Style: Violently Not Fighting
Artifact: The Grammar

23 Apr 2011, 02:28

I just posted the recruitment thread for a Whateley Academy Universe game using M&M 2 over on rpol. Here's the game link. Take a look, think up a concept, drop an RTJ. You know, the usual. ^^;

I'm also looking to start an Infernals game sometime in the near future, but I don't have anything up for it yet. I'll put something up when it's open for business.

EDIT: I'm now full-up and more with players, so Admissions is closed. On the other hand, I'm full-up and more with players, so assistant GM's would be wonderful, if there's anyone out there with knowledge/experience of the setting or the system who's willing to help out! ^^;
-Liz :raksha:
Not a defective tomato!

LastArgument
Essence 1
Essence 1
Title: Tired
Exalt: Sidereal
Fighting Style: Apathy
Artifact: Immanuel Kants Toothbrush

07 May 2011, 13:02

To: The Glorious Residents of the Asynchronous Communications System of the Stone of Freedom
Subject: The Academy of the Reclamation

Exaltation is a tricky business. Even in the normal course of business the Exaltation Exalts who it pleases, not who it's creators might pick. That's why the Deathlords constructed the Monstrances and why they distribute their Exaltations personally. As much as they'd love to, the Yozi are bound in Hell, and cannot distribute their Exaltations personally so they entrust them to First Circle Demons. But it turns out that entrusting these Exaltations to the metaphysical equivalent of your self-aware and dimly intelligent toenail clippings may not have been the conspirators of the Reclamations brightest idea. Case in point, of the 50 or so Exaltations available to the Reclamation, about a tenth have been distributed to teenagers and children, people little prepared to use them to their fullest.

In order to shape these young souls and ensure they are well equipped mentally, physically, and emotionally for the task of performing the Reclamation the conspirators came together and decided to create an institution in which the necessary molding, training, and/or brainwashing can occur, the Academy of the Reclamation. Built in the shadow of the Conventicle Malfeasant, staffed by First Circle serfs and citizens, akuma, and Demon-Blooded, run by a specially created Second Circle Demon, and protected by the full weight of six of the Yozi, the Academy offers the best possible environment for the talented young Exalts to learn everything they need to survive in Hell and Creation. Course highlights include guest lectures by Second and Third Circle demons and older more experienced Infernals, field trips into Creation and the Underworld, a visit to the Dowagers School for Unrepentent Children, practice battles in the streets of Malfeas, and the most dreaded event of the entire curriculum, the Hellprom.

If this intrigues you, makes you wonder, "What would Dougie Houser be like if he received a Malfean Exaltation?" then please send me a message! Given the coming summer my schedule is fairly flexible, and I intend to run this via IRC at whatever time works best for players. The other note is that I intend to have a prologue session involving group character drafting and some cooperative setting building. Part of this process will be group creation of the headmaster, and "tagging" of aspects of the Academy and this particular version of Malfeas and Creation, including deciding if there is a similar Academy for Abyssals. Thanks for reading and feel free to get in touch if you're interested.

TaliesinSkye
Essence 1
Essence 1

27 May 2011, 14:37

CARVE YOUR MARK INTO CREATION!

I'm thinking about a troupe game, with a circle of (mixed?) Celestial PCs struggling to handle the myriad issues and plots of Creation.

To keep things interesting, each player also creates one or more NPC characters to portray and scheme with, to ensure that plenty of things are going on for everyone.

Rules tweaks I'm used to:
http://winedarkseas.pbworks.com/w/page/ ... r-Creation
http://winedarkseas.pbworks.com/w/page/ ... ouse-Rules

I'm also open to the Dawn solution and maybe the reworked Siddie charmset that Kitsune was kind enough to point out.

I figure I'm the default general ST, with people running the various plots they're creating with their NPCs in the background as they come up, so everyone gets a chance to have fun playing. (I'll probably play with either my idealistic diplomat Eclipse or my disgruntled young Chosen of Journeys)

All this along with theme/tone/level of epic and running time(s) is up for discussion and change once we all get together. (I figure we can figure out running time by doing the chart of times we're free and comparing thing to find something that works for everyone)

Poke me with interest! I'm trying to be on IRC quite a bit. Or poking here with a message is good too.
-Devin

Kaimera
Essence 4
Essence 4
Title: Wyld Coyotes Bastard Daughter
Fighting Style: Blessed Sacrilegious Gonzo Method
Artifact: Cushioned Gossamer Tetsubo

24 Dec 2012, 20:49

Ok.. SO....

For those that know of the game Unhallowed metropolis revised im looking to start up a small game with the system, takes place in a city different then the normal setting (Still neo-victorian england, just slightly different and technically the same setting..)

Looking for the more general groups, mourners, criminals, dhampires, doctors, undertakers, maybe even deathwatch or so forth. Rather steer clear of aristocrats at the moment as they are harder to get into play for what i have planned.. If you have Necropolis revised i'd be willing to take a look at medium, psychic, alienist, or other characters described in that book. For style im half sandbox, characters have their own things they wish to accomplish and stories to move along which i'll help flesh out, and some actual Stories i'd run for people moving towards something long-term..

Feel wise the setting is more Sciencey sort of, the city is the head of Englands research housing the largest number of scientists and doctors and is more lax laws regarding experiments and all which can lead to alot of work for an Undertaker, Mourner, criminal, or all of the above.. If they arent afraid to get their hands dirty one way or another..

If interisted feel free to MSG me here, or contact me as Keter on the MIRC channel!
Sure it is.. It makes me want to literally pick you up and throw you in a Vat of Acid!
Then fill it with Acid resistant Piranhas!
But The piranhas have salt shakers for eyes So as they eat you alive they are shaking salt into your wounds!
Also the piranhas are on fire.