Moderator: Forum Gods

Kalga
Essence 5
Essence 5
Exalt: Fair Folk

Re: The All-Seeing Eye

18 Jun 2009, 12:30

Epiphany wrote:
Perfect, as I've got a Bible study with someone who wants to know more about the Bible.

...what? Seriously. Though it'll be tremendously weird heading home after a spiritual conversation and playing Scarlet Snow of all people...

Wouldn't be the first time.

lumber_of_the_beast wrote:
Epiphany wrote:
Perfect, as I've got a Bible study with someone who wants to know more about the Bible.

...what? Seriously. Though it'll be tremendously weird heading home after a spiritual conversation and playing Scarlet Snow of all people...

Snow helps people find religion all the time!

"OH GODS!"

Snow: Oh, you're reading the Immaculate Texts?
Xuyiko: Just a bit of light reading, tide me over for a few days.
Snow: *runs a finger down her spine* You know, I know a bit about religion. I know the good parts. :3
Xuyiko: *eep* T-T-That won't be ne-ne-needed!
Jukashi- Everyone likes giant magic lasers. Or so is the impression I have received...

Writes more than he finishes.

Epiphany
Essence 7
Essence 7
Title: Resident Novelist
Exalt: Sidereal
Fighting Style: Running the hell away
Artifact: My Lower Soul

18 Jun 2009, 21:24

Kalga wrote:
Epiphany wrote:

"OH GODS!"

Snow: *runs a finger down her spine* You know, I know a bit about religion. I know the good parts. :3

XD Scarlet Snow's actually pretty religious. She takes the Immaculate Texts seriously!

Just keep in mind that this is the same set of holy scriptures that the Regent's able to masturbate to so your mileage may vary.
BrilliantRain: There are those who would note that sometimes, sometimes, you get the things you really need instead of the things you deserve.
Kailan: If people only ever got what they deserved, the world would be a more miserable place.

My Novels / My Series / My Short Stories

lumber_of_the_beast
Essence 6
Essence 6
Title: The Most Se.... never mind.
Exalt: Abyssal
Fighting Style: Dodge Charms

18 Jun 2009, 21:31

Epiphany wrote:
Kalga wrote:

"OH GODS!"

XD Scarlet Snow's actually pretty religious. She takes the Immaculate Texts seriously!

Just keep in mind that this is the same set of holy scriptures that the Regent's able to masturbate to so your mileage may vary.

I always interpreted that as the Regent having really weird sexual tastes. But then again, this is the Dragon-Blooded empire we're talking about, so maybe the book is fappable.

...which puts the required regular listening to a reading from the book by a priest in the presence of at least... twenty-ish? other people in an entirely different light.

BrilliantRain
Essence 8
Essence 8
Topic Author
Title: The City of Mod
Exalt: Alchemical
Fighting Style: Primordial-Machine Weaving
Artifact: Eye of Autochthon

18 Jun 2009, 23:25

I just assumed there were certain tantric sections of the texts.

...Though I'm willing to bet that those aren't the ones that the Regent uses, as it wouldn't be really creepy otherwise.

That also raises an interesting question: Would Snow have any problems with going on a Wyld Hunt to kill a newly exalted Lunar?

Mod Text is in Green

Do you have enough Tools, King of All Craftsmen?

Epiphany
Essence 7
Essence 7

19 Jun 2009, 01:14

BrilliantRain wrote:
I just assumed there were certain tantric sections of the texts.

...Though I'm willing to bet that those aren't the ones that the Regent uses, as it wouldn't be really creepy otherwise.

That also raises an interesting question: Would Snow have any problems with going on a Wyld Hunt to kill a newly exalted Lunar?

If it's her job, it's her job. Depends also on the Lunar.

At this point, the best way to think about the tension between Scarlet Snow's religion and the fact that her father is Anathema #1 in the Realm is to borrow from Catholicism. Many American Catholics are devout, follow just about everything their church says and spend more time doing religious rituals and praying than I do myself. Many also choose to ignore what the Pope says about birth control or a few other areas. Scarlet Snow believes the Immaculate Texts are divinely inspired works that are 95% the Truth. However, she knows from personal experience that Daddy still has his soul so clearly that part of the Texts is wrong...or has been mistranslated, taken out of context, etc. over the centuries.

But it still boils down to whether it's her job or not. She'd potentially kill a mortal if the All-Seeing Eye ordered it. How much more so an Anathema, especially if they proved they had it coming.

Also: I made the same assumption about the Immaculate Texts. The Bible's pretty descriptive and its star is a guy who never married. The Immaculate Texts are about five Dragon-Blooded paragons...and we all know what Dragon-Blooded do, don't we boys and girls. :twisted:
BrilliantRain: There are those who would note that sometimes, sometimes, you get the things you really need instead of the things you deserve.
Kailan: If people only ever got what they deserved, the world would be a more miserable place.

lumber_of_the_beast
Essence 6
Essence 6

19 Jun 2009, 03:16

Epiphany wrote:
Also: I made the same assumption about the Immaculate Texts. The Bible's pretty descriptive and its star is a guy who never married. The Immaculate Texts are about five Dragon-Blooded paragons...and we all know what Dragon-Blooded do, don't we boys and girls. :twisted:

Each other?

Epiphany
Essence 7
Essence 7

19 Jun 2009, 08:40

Epiphany wrote:

Each other?

"Oh, so you paid attention during the ceremonies!"

Kaen
Essence 5
Essence 5
Title: Personal Smutforge of King Seras
Fighting Style: Intuos3
Artifact: GIMP 2.6

20 Jun 2009, 21:01

Heshiesh might not. That, or he just saves it for when his virility and his prospective mate's fertility are in perfect condition for the production of dragon-blooded offspring.

Epiphany
Essence 7
Essence 7

20 Jun 2009, 23:20

Kaen wrote:
Heshiesh might not. That, or he just saves it for when his virility and his prospective mate's fertility are in perfect condition for the production of dragon-blooded offspring.

And one emulating Hesiesh might save all of their sexual interest and energy in a certain adorable, shy Air-Aspect for when she's the most perfectly receptive...

Kalga
Essence 5
Essence 5

21 Jun 2009, 15:06

Good thing Fumiko doesn't like timid girls.
Jukashi- Everyone likes giant magic lasers. Or so is the impression I have received...

Kaen
Essence 5
Essence 5
Title: Personal Smutforge of King Seras
Fighting Style: Intuos3
Artifact: GIMP 2.6

22 Jun 2009, 01:17

Scarlet Snow: I do know my Immaculate Scripture, sir. "On the night of their betrothal, the wife shall open to the man as the furrow to the plow and he shall work in her, in and again till she bring him to his full and rest him then upon the sweat of her breast."

Cathak Mal: Whoa. Good Scripture.

Kalga
Essence 5
Essence 5

22 Jun 2009, 08:39

Like I said: Scarlet Snow knows all the "good" parts. :perv:

BrilliantRain
Essence 8
Essence 8
Topic Author

02 Jul 2009, 23:42

So, rather than make everyone sit and watch Vala sneak around, we handled that before the session. Logs are acomin:

21:46 *** channel mode of #AllSeeingEye is +
21:46 *** channel #AllSeeingEye was created at 7/2/09 9:46 PM
21:46 *** ShiningSky is now known as BrilliantRainST
21:47 *>The_Lady<* summon #AllSeeingEye
21:47 *** The_Lady (~Registere@MagicStar-5C69623.lightspeed.ronktx.sbcglobal.net) has joined this channel
21:47 <The_Lady> The Lady's shadow falls upon the room
21:48 *** Lumby (~Jonathon@MagicStar-93D19E08.dial1.stlouis1.level3.net) has joined this channel
21:49 *** Lumby is now known as Vneef_Vala
21:49 <BrilliantRainST> I thought that might work
21:49 <BrilliantRainST> anyway, IIrc, you had just brained a poor guard who never did anything to you
21:49 <BrilliantRainST> now what?
21:50 *Vneef_Vala didn't brain him that hard. Anyway, now she takes another quick look around before heading off to the wagon that No Moss Gathers calls home.
21:52 <BrilliantRainST> Looks like everyone is still watching the circus
21:53 <BrilliantRainST> Make a Per+awa roll though
21:54 <Vneef_Vala> !roll_ww 4 7 ex
21:54 <The_Lady> Vneef_Vala invokes the Lady...
21:54 <The_Lady> 2, 2, 3, 9
21:54 <The_Lady> rolled 4d10. Got 1 Successes against a TN of 7, 10's are counted double
21:55 <Vneef_Vala> ( this will end badly )
21:55 <BrilliantRainST> Youp, everything is fine
21:56 <BrilliantRainST> you have come to the wagon
21:56 <BrilliantRainST> the music of No Moss Gathers floats over to you
21:56 <Vneef_Vala> ( ...from inside the wagon? )
21:57 <BrilliantRainST> no, from out where they are perfoming
21:58 <Vneef_Vala> Okay then. Time to LOOK AT THE DOOR!
21:58 <Vneef_Vala> Very carefully. Quickly, but very carefully.
21:59 <BrilliantRainST> Ok, Per+Inv. You have a +1 stunt bonus right now. want to try for more?
21:59 <BrilliantRainST> using any charms or anything?
22:02 <Vneef_Vala> ( Sure! And no, because I have spent all my XP on backgrounds that will pretty much never be useful in this game. I am smart :V ) She checks for all the old tricks she remembers from school - bits of hair stuck to the threshold, dust that never gets touched, things like that. Things that would show someone had broken in. ...
22:02 <Vneef_Vala> Checking to see if the door is locked: Also important. As she does this, she pulls out a small envelope. Her alibi, though now of questionable use if anyone saw her kick that guy in the head.
22:02 <Vneef_Vala> ( k )
22:03 <BrilliantRainST> The door is certainly locked
22:04 <BrilliantRainST> for anything else, you need to make a Per+Inv roll with a +2 Stunt bonus
22:04 <Vneef_Vala> !roll_ww 7 7 ex
22:04 <The_Lady> Vneef_Vala invokes the Lady...
22:04 <The_Lady> 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 6, 8
22:04 <The_Lady> rolled 7d10. Got 1 Successes against a TN of 7, 10's are counted double
22:04 <Vneef_Vala> ( ...oh come on. )
22:05 <BrilliantRainST> (at least you didn't botch)
22:06 <BrilliantRainST> (you know, you can channel virtues if you want. remember a two die stunt gets you a point of willpower back)
22:06 <BrilliantRainST> (anyway)
22:06 <BrilliantRainST> You find no signs of the standard anti-tampering tricks.....which is a bit worrying
22:06 <Vneef_Vala> ( Yes, but I'm paranoid. And I don't think I have any applicable channels anyway. )
22:07 <BrilliantRainST> (meh. Conviction is pretty much applicable to anything when you are on a mission)
22:09 <BrilliantRainST> (if you want to try again you can, but the difficulty is higher)
22:09 <BrilliantRainST> (and it will take time....)
22:10 <Vneef_Vala> ( That's because conviction is overly broad. ) She tries to push the letter under the door. It doesn't go in. Even if it should, it doesn't. Then she tries to open the door. This also fails. Door is locked, and all.
22:12 <Vneef_Vala> ( What kinda lock is it? )
22:13 <BrilliantRainST> (all of them are overly broad) Looks like a standard pin and tumbler lock...fairly well made for a traveling show
22:14 <BrilliantRainST> (what kind of lockpicks do you have?)
22:16 <Vneef_Vala> ( Conviction even more so. ) She frowns. After "trying" to jam the letter through a couple more times, she gets an idea, and pulls a hairpin out and tries to use it to pick the lock. And if that hairpin is, with the push of a button, suddenly looking quite a lot like a rather high-quality collapsible lockpick... well, no one's going to notice when it's in the lock. ( I'm Resources 4. I assume that means I have decent
22:16 <Vneef_Vala> ( Did that cut off? )
22:16 <BrilliantRainST> (Perfect Lockpicks are resources three and will give you a +3 bonus)
22:16 <BrilliantRainST> (it cut off at decent)
22:17 <Vneef_Vala> ( yaaaay )
22:17 <Vneef_Vala> ( stunt? )
22:17 <BrilliantRainST> (though a hidden one that springs open, will only give a +2 bonus, but you will probably never get it taken away)
22:18 <BrilliantRainST> (though, because it's nifty, I'll give a +2 stunt bonus)
22:18 <Vneef_Vala> ( also, adding one die with First Larceny. Would add two, but I only have one dot >_< )
22:18 <BrilliantRainST> (you could spend a wp as well)
22:19 <Vneef_Vala> ( ...eh, sure. Spending 1wp for 1 success. Stunt? )
22:20 <BrilliantRainST> (I said +2)
22:21 <Vneef_Vala> ( Oh. I should l2payattention )
22:21 <BrilliantRainST> (you get +2 from the pick, +2 from the stunt, +1 from excellency, and one extra success)
22:21 <Vneef_Vala> ( ...what the fuck have I been doing to get down to 3 temp WP )
22:21 <Vneef_Vala> ( I don't remember blowing any WP on this adventure yet! )
22:22 <Vneef_Vala> ( You remember me doing anything? )
22:22 <BrilliantRainST> (you might not have re booted your score from last mission)
22:22 <BrilliantRainST> (not off hand)
22:23 <Vneef_Vala> ( ...that'd explain it. )
22:23 <Vneef_Vala> !roll_ww 9 7 ex
22:23 <The_Lady> Vneef_Vala invokes the Lady...
22:23 <The_Lady> 1, 1, 3, 4, 4, 6, 6, 7, 7
22:23 <The_Lady> rolled 9d10. Got 2 Successes against a TN of 7, 10's are counted double
22:23 <Vneef_Vala> ( ...okay what the fuck )
22:24 <BrilliantRainST> (....we could assert that the Lady is just rolling low tonight and try to be here early tomorrow)
22:24 <BrilliantRainST> !roll_ww 5 7 ex
22:24 <The_Lady> BrilliantRainST invokes the Lady...
22:24 <The_Lady> 4, 5, 5, 10, 10
22:24 <The_Lady> rolled 5d10. Got 4 Successes against a TN of 7, 10's are counted double
22:24 <Vneef_Vala> ( ._. )
22:24 <BrilliantRainST> (...or not)
22:25 <Vneef_Vala> ( What did I do ;~; )
22:25 <BrilliantRainST> (either way, you met the difficulty) You push the wires up in the spring key well enough that the lock clicks open
22:26 <Vneef_Vala> ( recovering WP from the stunt )
22:27 <BrilliantRainST> (yup)
22:27 <BrilliantRainST> the door is now unlocked
22:27 <BrilliantRainST> what next?
22:28 <Vneef_Vala> ( Music still playing? )
22:29 <BrilliantRainST> (yup)
22:30 <Vneef_Vala> Vala hesitates, looking for all the world like a nervous young girl, when really she's just waiting for the right time. A few seconds later, the music gets a bit louder for a few seconds - that's when she pushes the slightly creaky door open. ( I'm going to die ;~; )
22:31 <BrilliantRainST> (pulls. the door swings out)
22:34 <BrilliantRainST> the door opens to reveal a nice homey interior, with curtains on the windows, decorative scrollwork on the interior cabnets and benches. some collapsable bunks are attacjhed to a wall next to a small stove. All in all, it looks like a nice little traveling home
22:38 <BrilliantRainST> (it's roughly the size of a small motorhome, with built-in cabnets everywhere. some bunks are built in along one wall with windows and a windowseat on the other. the center has a folding table and another bench that can be placed opposite the windowseat. the back has a kitchentte with a wood stove)
22:39 *Vneef_Vala gapes at the sight before her. She GAPES! This is totally not an excuse to look around for likely hiding spots for sensitive military documents. Not enough time to actually search for the documents now, she can hear the song winding down and considers caution to be important, but being able to memorize the layout /now/ will make searching /later/ a much easier and quicker task.
22:39 <Vneef_Vala> ( did that cut off? )
22:40 <Vneef_Vala> ( also, before you say it, no, this /isn't/ a reaction to the Lady hating me. Vala is Temp3 (Flawed). Rushing into things is not only out of character for her, it makes her gain Limit. D: )
22:41 <BrilliantRainST> (heh. and it didn't cut off)
22:42 <BrilliantRainST> what do you do?
22:42 <Vneef_Vala> ( I just stunted a per+Inve roll ;~; )
22:42 <Vneef_Vala> ( Also, spending another WP on a success. )
22:42 <BrilliantRainST> (yes, well you never said you want to roll that. +2 stunt)
22:43 <Vneef_Vala> !roll_ww 7 7 ex
22:43 <The_Lady> Vneef_Vala invokes the Lady...
22:43 <The_Lady> 1, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10
22:43 <The_Lady> rolled 7d10. Got 4 Successes against a TN of 7, 10's are counted double
22:43 <Vneef_Vala> ( Five successes yay :D )
22:44 <Vneef_Vala> ( Do I get the sudden feeling that No Moss Gathers is completely innocent in this? )
22:44 <BrilliantRainST> (ok, so what exactly do you want to know)
22:44 <Vneef_Vala> ( Memorizing layout, looking for likely hiding spots for important documents. )
22:48 <BrilliantRainST> a quick once over of the place shows you that there could be plenty of locations for the crystals, like the backs of cabnets or underneath drawers, but inside the stove or the icebox seems most likely.
22:50 <BrilliantRainST> You are examining a suspciously large knothole (it might be a pull for a hidden compartment) in the floor near the door, when you suddenly notice a small piece of rock crystal set into the door frame near the bottom. you probably wouldn't have thought much of it, except that it happens to be glowing
22:52 <BrilliantRainST> ..........it also suddenly occurs that the last song you've been listening to is being played by one drummer, one flute, and one hammer dulcimer. Didn't No Moss Gathers have two Dulcimer players?
22:56 <Vneef_Vala> ( I was going to ask if that glowing crystal looked like the crystal she was supposed to be looking for, but I get the distinct feeling the answer is no. Don't suppose I know when the last song started? )
22:57 <Vneef_Vala> ( ...for that matter, wouldn't it be smart to pause here, then? If one of the musicians departed suddenly, one of the other PCs might do something about it. )
22:57 <BrilliantRainST> (a few minutes ago. and the glowing crystal is emphatically not what you are looking for)
22:58 <BrilliantRainST> (fair enough)
22:58 *** Vneef_Vala (~Jonathon@MagicStar-93D19E08.dial1.stlouis1.level3.net) has left this channel

Mod Text is in Green

lumber_of_the_beast
Essence 6
Essence 6

02 Jul 2009, 23:51

I've killed us all. ;~;

Kalga
Essence 5
Essence 5

03 Jul 2009, 14:27

Time for plan Xuyiko Summons An Elemental And We Get The Fuck Out Of There And Leave Vala To Die Because She's Useless And Mean.

lumber_of_the_beast
Essence 6
Essence 6

03 Jul 2009, 18:08

Kalga wrote:
Time for plan Xuyiko Summons An Elemental And We Get The Fuck Out Of There And Leave Vala To Die Because She's Useless And Mean.

I don't like that plan ;~;

Kalga
Essence 5
Essence 5

04 Jul 2009, 10:30

That's because you're useless and mean. >:<

Zeal
Essence 6
Essence 6
Title: Purplesid
Fighting Style: The Thousand Mazy Paths
Artifact: Tricks

10 Jul 2009, 17:28

I won't be available tonight, I'm seeing Bruno with friends. Have fun.
[01:57] Zeal: "You know, you're right." Kash lowers his sword, drops out of the martial stance. "I don't know what the hell you are." He takes a step closer.
[01:58] Xilanada: Makarios smiles, seemingly pleased.
[01:58] Zeal: "I don't think something that's not human can technically be a gentleman, but let's talk. I'm sure we can come to a conclusion we'll both--"
[01:58] Zeal: (Rolling join battle)

Kalga
Essence 5
Essence 5

10 Jul 2009, 18:29

Oh gods why!? D:

BrilliantRain
Essence 8
Essence 8
Topic Author

16 Jul 2009, 16:56

I'm afraid that tomorrow's game is getting canceled on account of the new Harry Potter Movie. In return, I've posted a small teaser about the next mission on the game's site.

Also, if Lumby and Kalga want, I could schedule a time with them this weekend to finish up their separate part before the next session.

Mod Text is in Green

Kalga
Essence 5
Essence 5

16 Jul 2009, 17:19

Pretty much any time Sunday is perfect for me.

BrilliantRain
Essence 8
Essence 8
Topic Author

16 Jul 2009, 17:51

Saturday would be better for me, but I can do early afternoon Sunday, say starting around 1 or 2pm central.

Mod Text is in Green

lumber_of_the_beast
Essence 6
Essence 6

16 Jul 2009, 18:17

I'm good any time, because I have no life

Kalga
Essence 5
Essence 5

16 Jul 2009, 19:38

BrilliantRain wrote:
Saturday would be better for me, but I can do early afternoon Sunday, say starting around 1 or 2pm central.

That's perfect for me. 1pm Central. I can't do Saturday, because I have an STed game starting early, and then an Abyssals game with a start time of "When First Age Fuck You (My STed game) ends". And that normally lasts until nine, and I don't want three games in a row.

Switching from an insane neurosurgeon to a moeblob nerd isn't the best idea.

Zeal
Essence 6
Essence 6
Title: Purplesid
Fighting Style: The Thousand Mazy Paths
Artifact: Tricks

16 Jul 2009, 22:15

I can do Sunday afternoon
[01:57] Zeal: "You know, you're right." Kash lowers his sword, drops out of the martial stance. "I don't know what the hell you are." He takes a step closer.
[01:58] Xilanada: Makarios smiles, seemingly pleased.
[01:58] Zeal: "I don't think something that's not human can technically be a gentleman, but let's talk. I'm sure we can come to a conclusion we'll both--"
[01:58] Zeal: (Rolling join battle)