Third Edition

Moderator: Forum Gods

MinorHeaven
Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author
Title: Dragon Lord
Exalt: Dragon-Blooded
Fighting Style: Hardcore Speciality Melee KYAH.
Artifact: Dyklaive of Righteous Crimson Fury

Dragon Blood PbP Game

24 Mar 2009, 19:58

So...who feels like they'd like to play a Dragon-blood play by post game here? (am I allowed to do that? Who knows!)

Last summer I wanted to run a DB game with a bit of a twist...you're kids! How does this sound? Anyone interested in playing a teenage DB? I've not really run anything online before, but I reckon this ought to be a bit of fun.

It won't be anything too serious as I'm not an encyclopaedia of Exalted knowledge, but I think it might be a bit of a laugh.

I'll figure out if there are any differences between normal character gen and all if theres enough interest.

If you would like to play, what school would you like it set at?
And I Crash and I Burn And I Freeze In Hell
I'm Living My Life In The Dark Of Your Spell

Smiting Infernals: Just like punching Nazis off biplanes. Except with magic kung fu.

One does not simply mansecks their way into the Sword of Creation!

Saremu
Essence 4
Essence 4
Exalt: Solar

Re: Dragon Blood PbP Game

24 Mar 2009, 23:47

I'd be interested in a PbP. The Cloister of Wisdom, the Heptagram, or the Palace of the Tamed Storm are the schools I think would work best for me. I'd be cool with the House of Bells, but not the Spiral Academy.

Edit: The Cloister of Wisdom might not work so well now that I think about it. I was picturing tournaments and sparring or something, but all the in-between time wouldn't be that interesting.

The Heptagram doesn't need to be explained.

The Palace of the Tamed Storm would be better for fights between students and the like. Some official and others not.

I picture a Military Academy for the House of Bells. If you add warstriders it would be better. That might be Sprial Academy, or Heptagram stuff though.

drakensis
Essence 2
Essence 2

25 Mar 2009, 05:52

I could go for a young dragonblooded game.

Could go for late in primary school - 12-14 years old or for a secondary school. In the latter case, the Heptagram or House of Bells would have potential. Or perhaps the Lionhead Academy in Harborhead might be amusing. For that matter, what about Lookshy? A bunch of kids in Lookshy's District of Schools or the Academy of Sorcery would have potential.
Though the Five-Score Fellowship has no overt inkling of the upcoming Reclamation, Arcadelt, the God of World-Shattering Events, has cheerfully noted that he has been steadily increasing in personal puissance for the past five years. Needless to say, this has the vast majority of Heaven very worried.
- MoEP: Infernals

MinorHeaven
Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author

25 Mar 2009, 09:32

I love this idea of setting it in Lookshy! The idea of bringing a lot of DB together who aren't a part of the Dynastic regime would be awesome.

Could you possibly tell me what sources there are for Lookshy? I have most of 2ed, but not a lot of first.

Oh, I'm inspired!

Smiting Infernals: Just like punching Nazis off biplanes. Except with magic kung fu.

Kailan
Essence 7
Essence 7
Title: Pattern Spider
Exalt: God
Fighting Style: I will nom your tasty paradox

25 Mar 2009, 11:13

MinorHeaven wrote:
I love this idea of setting it in Lookshy! The idea of bringing a lot of DB together who aren't a part of the Dynastic regime would be awesome.

Could you possibly tell me what sources there are for Lookshy? I have most of 2ed, but not a lot of first.

Oh, I'm inspired!

Scavenger Lands book for 2e, Outcastes for 1e, and there's stuff about it in the Codex and in 2e Dragon-Blooded as well. :)
Text in red is modvoice.

(11:18:32 PM) Xanti: The Bronze Faction does not care about your stupid anathema feefees.

This signature was foretold... BY GYROMANCY.

MinorHeaven
Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author

25 Mar 2009, 12:41

Woot! I'll just go find a copy. The joy of Exalted being owned by so many! I think there must be an Exalted hotspot in the south of Wales!!

What I intend to do is set in the first year of school, so you an be anywhere between the ages of 10-16 (It is my understanding that breeding isn't so good in Lookshy?). Probably some sort of military school, but I shall go and read up and let people know on any more restrictions that I may have.

Any ideas players have with regards to characters can be PM'd for approval now, or y'all can wait until I figure out restrictions. Whatever's good for you :)

So...players so far...

1) Saremu
2) Drakensis
3) Shutsumon
4)PeleCindertind
5)

One more place if anyone wants it!
Last edited by MinorHeaven on 26 Mar 2009, 09:31, edited 1 time in total.

Shutsumon
Essence 3
Essence 3
Fighting Style: Melee

25 Mar 2009, 18:53

Colour me interested in a Lookshy schoolkids game.

Now I just need to think of a character.
"The illegal immigrants from Normandy have resisted attempts to put them in deportation camps and a pitch battle has broken out near Hastings. Embroiderers have sent us these pictures."

My Writing Blog | My Twitter

MinorHeaven
Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author

25 Mar 2009, 18:59

Its always the kicker, coming up with a concept that is gonna be fun and likely.

NPC time, woot!

Also, if anyone wants to create family trees or whatever, thats great. If you don't want to, that is also great.

Shutsumon
Essence 3
Essence 3

28 Mar 2009, 14:25

I'm thinking of a young Air Aspect from Gens Nefvarin who's motivation would be something like reviving the fortunes of her family so they become a mejor gens again. Well that or becoming the greatest skyship pilot of the second age. I haven't quite decided yet.

Would this be okay?
"The illegal immigrants from Normandy have resisted attempts to put them in deportation camps and a pitch battle has broken out near Hastings. Embroiderers have sent us these pictures."

MinorHeaven
Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author

28 Mar 2009, 15:47

That sounds like just the right idea! I'll probably be working on it tomorrow so I will keep you all updated. Sorry about the wait :(

Saremu
Essence 4
Essence 4

28 Mar 2009, 23:42

No worries. I hope I'm not keeping you waiting too long. I still have another character to finish.

Raiden
Essence 5
Essence 5
Title: Dead-Eyed Angel
Fighting Style: Righteous Devil Style - aka Shoot It Till It Dies
Artifact: Twin Orichalchum Plasma Tongue Repeaters

29 Mar 2009, 00:30

I'll nab the last spot.
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6
Title: Boarding School Drama Magnet
Fighting Style: Vicious rumors and one night stands
Artifact: Safara of the Five Truths daiklave

29 Mar 2009, 00:49

oh. And now we're all in trouble. :kitty:

MinorHeaven
Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author

30 Mar 2009, 08:52

Right...so I'll sort out the plans for this game asap. >.< I keep settling down to do it and having disasters in the house.... damn dissertation!

Pele Cindertind, your character seems fine. I will go over it with a fine toothcomb later but after a general read-through, it seems fine to me.

MinorHeaven
Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author

03 Apr 2009, 14:53

Alright then my lovelies, some of you have emailed me your concepts, all of which are fantastic and I'm really looking forward to running the game now. Plot is still developing in my mind, but it will be quite exciting I hope.

As promised, I've looked over the rules for character generation and I would like you all (unless previous discussed) using the Lookshy character generation rules to stat up your DB. You're all in the penultimate year at Valkorsen (I have no idea how you spell it) and fairly close to the top of the class, for one reason or another. For those stuck for concepts, most any archetype will fit comfortably into the game, I'll make sure of it.

Because of issues I've had with people abusing Appearance and such like before, I'd like a brief description of people's characters' love interests - by that I mean 4 or 5 words describing the type of person that normally is attractive to them, for example: Brunette, tall, fiesty, intelligent and nice feet. I'm not going to tie people down to these utterly, I just would like people to have a little consistancy in those people they're bonking. You're not Dynasts, you know :) We'll see how this rule works out, if it fails utterly, I can always retcon it away.

Banned Stuff:

Unless you're a priest, there is no Sorcery for any of you. Unless you have a VERY good reason it. I'm open to suggestions.

Backgrounds: No Command/Arsenal. Not yet.

Artefacts needs to be explained to me (heirloom weapons, Scavenging etc) and I will allow/disallow depending on how good/bad the explanation is.

Breeding: any dot over 2 is double-cost to reflect the poor quality of the breeding of Lookshyians.

Allies, Family, Connections, Retainers, Henchmen, Mentor, Backing and familiar all need to be explained in detail. RP intensive game ahoy!

I think that is everything...

Shutsumon
Essence 3
Essence 3

03 Apr 2009, 15:06

Errr...

We're at Valkhawsen, pretty close to the top of our class, but don't have sorcery?

One of these parameters is clearly erroneous, since it's an academy of sorcery. It even does student exchange visits with the Heptagram.

Other than that those rules look fine.

PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6

03 Apr 2009, 15:42

Actually not having Sorcery makes sense. Even in the Heptagram students aren't taught any spells until the go through their final Sacrifice, upon completion they're allowed access to the White Treatise, which has like four spells.

You get Sorcery as you go through the classes.

Shutsumon
Essence 3
Essence 3

03 Apr 2009, 15:53

PeleCindertind wrote:
Actually not having Sorcery makes sense. Even in the Heptagram students aren't taught any spells until the go through their final Sacrifice, upon completion they're allowed access to the White Treatise, which has like four spells.

That would make sense, but I was reading it as a blanket ban on non-sohei having sorcery at all without a good reason not a 'you're going to gain it in play' thing.

PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6

03 Apr 2009, 16:02

Shutsumon wrote:
PeleCindertind wrote:

That would make sense, but I was reading it as a blanket ban on non-sohei having sorcery at all without a good reason not a 'you're going to gain it in play' thing.

if that's the case, you're right, it wouldn't make sense, but I think Occult would have banned in that case. Of course, I can't speak for the GM.

MinorHeaven
Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author

03 Apr 2009, 17:36

Sorry about that, guys n gals. I have some of the books on the network and its playing silly buggers atm. What a fool I am!!

Spells will be picked up along the way: at least, that is my hope. Sorry I wasn't clear on that point. You will have been taught the basics of sorcery (so, thaumaturgy and magic theory, I guess?)

Aw damn, this will teach me to accept my Housemate (apparently well versed in Lookshy) as speaking the truth. I'd been led to believe that Valkhawsen was a more all-rounder type of school than a specific magic academy, though I knew about the exhanges with the Heptagram.

Gah. Hopefully you will all have received lovely all-round educations before secondary school. Has that fixed the problem, or did I miss the point?

PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6

03 Apr 2009, 20:45

It fixes the problem for me, and makes me feel better about not giving her terrestrial circle sorcery.

Are there any restrictions for my character, or is that TBA?

drakensis
Essence 2
Essence 2

04 Apr 2009, 02:37

Thuvia

An Earth-aspected outcaste who was recruited by Lookshy before her tenth birthday, Thuvia is a metic resident of the city and under the patronage of Shozei Nefvarin Wotan. She's now fifteen and hopes to earn citizenship before she's twenty. As part of Nefvarin's patronage, she is expected to marry into or be adopted by the Gens at that point.

Thuvia is a fairly eyecatching girl, already as tall as most men with broad shoulders, long platinum blonde hair and typically the sort of outfit that looks painted on. She's not really an exhibitionist, she just prefers clothes that aren't likely to catch on anything. Outside of her regular classes, she attends a salon in the District of Blades, one dedicated to the proper use of the great axe.
Though the Five-Score Fellowship has no overt inkling of the upcoming Reclamation, Arcadelt, the God of World-Shattering Events, has cheerfully noted that he has been steadily increasing in personal puissance for the past five years. Needless to say, this has the vast majority of Heaven very worried.
- MoEP: Infernals

Saremu
Essence 4
Essence 4

04 Apr 2009, 13:42

FFFFFFFFFF. I need to read over some stuff again. I have two concepts swimming around in my head.

PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6

04 Apr 2009, 13:52

hmmm we've got a artifacter-hopeful, a general-hopeful, and Thuvia....does that help with your two ideas?

Raiden
Essence 5
Essence 5
Title: Dead-Eyed Angel
Fighting Style: Righteous Devil Style - aka Shoot It Till It Dies
Artifact: Twin Orichalchum Plasma Tongue Repeaters

04 Apr 2009, 14:03

Karal Zenkai

A high breeding Earth Aspect of Karal Gens, whose family believes his strangely high Breeding level is a sign that he'll become a powerful General one day. As such, he's been trained from a young age in being sent to war and leading, as well as in the blade. He's been sent to the academy in his father's belief that his high Breeding was a sign that he will need Sorcery to become the perfect General.

Zenkai is of average height for a male, though he still has a few years to grow. His shoulders are wide and his body is stocky, with his aspect showing in the thickness of his limbs. His black hair is buzzed short, and his black eyes meld perfectly with his pupils. He normally wears nice clothing, though quite a bit more Spartan than what the Realm would consider "nice". He has several friends, and is considered the De Facto "leader" of their group. His father had given him a special daiklave upon acceptance to the academy, though he is really only expected to use it the first day he takes the field.

He's also a member of the wrestling team. He's an Earth Aspect. It's like they're made for it.
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!