Third Edition

Moderator: Forum Gods

MinorHeaven
Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author
Title: Dragon Lord
Exalt: Dragon-Blooded
Fighting Style: Hardcore Speciality Melee KYAH.
Artifact: Dyklaive of Righteous Crimson Fury

Re: Dragon Blood PbP Game

06 Jul 2009, 06:27

Sorry everyone, I've been moving house and struggling to get an internet connection at all, which is somewhat sucking. I've come into the university in my town and used a computer, so here I am.

So...you've collectively gone off to do research. I'm not going to make anyone roll, because most everyone else is looking for ruins of weapons caches and more violent sort of places.

You can easily books regarding the Shogunate and its manner of dealing with agriculture (they're the very dusty tomes hidden at the back that hardly anyone seems to read). Inside are revealed very detailed explanations of how the Shogun organised the feeding of such a large area as Creation, and the systems that transported food around. It mainly seems to comprise of technology from the First Age that was refitted and adapted to serve the purpose. It also comments on how relatively quickly this technology degraded without the First Age Creators to maintain it. There are some designs and plans for relevant technology, from the warstrider-esque robots that store and move food whilst defending it to boxes that are unable to be opened, except by the one person who sealed them.

One particular piece of technology that will probably catch your eye is a spider-like device. Standing around 4 ft tall with spindly legs, it has a chest of about 2ft x 2ft x 2ft, and is designed to travel across difficult terrain. Notes near it claim it can float in water and act as a small boat. It is recorded as being a storage device for personal items of a Twilight from the the First Age, but the Shogunate deemed it a waste of energy to extroplate its uses any further. there are similar items of practical use listed as being used common-place by people to store and transport, though often to the frustration of the higher-classes who didn't understand their fascination with 'useless' trinkets.

The book was written towards the end of the Shogunate, and records places of massive food stores throughout Creation, as well as places of interest. One of the medium sized-granaries is located within the boundaries placed upon students.

I'll try and come back and check in 36 hours or so what you've decided...:(
And I Crash and I Burn And I Freeze In Hell
I'm Living My Life In The Dark Of Your Spell

Smiting Infernals: Just like punching Nazis off biplanes. Except with magic kung fu.

One does not simply mansecks their way into the Sword of Creation!

Dax Thura
Essence 2
Essence 2

06 Jul 2009, 10:05

[ooc] I hope that your internet woes will soon be over [/ooc]

Zarin

"This does look interesting. Let's leave first thing in the morning. That leaves us the rest of the day to prepare for the journey."

Zarin looks into requisitioning transportation for the trip.

Kurrel
Essence 2
Essence 2
Title: Tale Chaser
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Swordmaster
Artifact: Twice-blood Edge

07 Jul 2009, 01:40

While meeting to talk over our notes, Rhyssper is dressed in black jacket with a high collar, long, tight pants and knee high boots of a glossy sheen.

"You know," Rhyssper muses, holding her hands out in the approximate dimensions of the box. "it's far too small to carry the rations for even a regiment... but perhaps we could retrofit it or use it as a model to create something larger." She takes a sheet of paper, sketching out a few dimensions alongside numbers representing troop numbers, rations and the like.

At the mention of going to study it, she definitely perks up and grins. "Tell you what, Zurin." she says, standing and reaching to gather her books. "You take charge of that, I'll grab enough food to last me until you can get there and go on ahead." She seems delighted by the idea, energetic in anticipation.

drakensis
Essence 2
Essence 2

07 Jul 2009, 02:38

"It does have potential," Thuvia agrees. "The mobility side might be too complex for our time frame, but if if preserved the condition of the food as it was carried, we could fit it as a cart or something."

She starts taking notes on the storage section. "I'll see if there are any food preservation techniques currently in use that we can improve upon with this. Some of it will be classified, I suppose, but our supervisor should know who to ask."
Though the Five-Score Fellowship has no overt inkling of the upcoming Reclamation, Arcadelt, the God of World-Shattering Events, has cheerfully noted that he has been steadily increasing in personal puissance for the past five years. Needless to say, this has the vast majority of Heaven very worried.
- MoEP: Infernals

Kurrel
Essence 2
Essence 2

09 Jul 2009, 04:35

Shutting a book or two and fetching some notes, she makes an untidy pile of the lot, "Well, let's not rule out mobility yet... We might be able to cannibalize something else for inspiration and parts."

She grins at the others, placing her hands on the table as she stands, "I'm going to get some things together and make a preliminary visit." The unspoken benefit of this is it gives her a chance to soar again, something upon which her attention is already drawing to.

PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6
Title: Boarding School Drama Magnet
Fighting Style: Vicious rumors and one night stands
Artifact: Safara of the Five Truths daiklave

22 Jul 2009, 14:12

Asha, once again elaboratly dressed in black, bronze, and ivory, joins them at the table with a heavy sigh. "Well I suppose it's good news to report that we'll at least have edge on creativity. Everyone else is doing some sort of weapon--or plan on stealing something." She looks at the others as she toys with her long earring. "I hope the rest of you have slightly better news?"

Dax Thura
Essence 2
Essence 2

24 Jul 2009, 07:12

Are we done here?

MinorHeaven
Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author

24 Jul 2009, 11:24

So...I'm guessing you're going to one of the places you've cross-referenced and found to be a site of interest? I think it was the granary you were going to go to? I've got internet permanently now so this game can finally take off..Thanks a lot for your patience.

Smiting Infernals: Just like punching Nazis off biplanes. Except with magic kung fu.

Dax Thura
Essence 2
Essence 2

24 Jul 2009, 13:34

AWESOME!!

Yes, we were going to a 'site of interest' which was also a 'food distribution center'.

Kurrel
Essence 2
Essence 2

06 Aug 2009, 08:55

(Been a little AWOL here, my apologies)

For her part, Rhyssper goes back to her quarters and discards her bulkier clothes before grabbing a satchel and shoving various notes, equipment and a few personal effects into it. Carrying it in one hand, she grabs her board and slings it under her arm before kicking the door shut behind her.

Entering the main area, she sets everything down and starts wrapping up some food as well as she murmurs a tune to herself, excited at the prospect of being able to fly a worthwhile distance without worry.

After packing at least a few days food, satchel bulging at the seams, she slings it casually over one shoulder and runs one hand through her hair as she looks around. "I'm going to go ahead, I can get back easily and bring details, like whether we'll need larger equipment and the like."

PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6
Title: Boarding School Drama Magnet
Fighting Style: Vicious rumors and one night stands
Artifact: Safara of the Five Truths daiklave

06 Aug 2009, 10:35

Asha blinks. "Wait...wait we're all going? Out there? Beyond the city?" She looks at her fellow students, her thumb on one hand rubbing against her manicured nails.

Kurrel
Essence 2
Essence 2

07 Aug 2009, 01:33

Rhyssper laughs and shrugs the shoulder not weighed down by her satchel. "I can't wait to get out from under all these rules and formalities for a little while. You did make a good point, though... knowing what the others were up would probably help a great deal."

She cups her chin in one hand, pose thoughtful, "But with one less person at the site, we might miss something there. Dragons know," and her smile widens a little, playful and mischevious. "I'm far too careless. I'll be there first 'cause I can fly ahead but it'd still be handy to have someone who notices the subtleties."

She shrugs, as though at a loss for who could fill such a role. "Anyways, I should get going... rather not wait around here when there's sky to catch." Hiking up her satchel again, she reaches for her board and walks towards one of the large doors that lead out onto the balcony.

MinorHeaven
Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author

09 Aug 2009, 13:30

Okay, I guess you've all seen this coming. I'm afraid I'm going to have to call an end to this game, as RL has swallowed me whole. I fully intended to run this game when I had my internet re-established, but since then I've been dogged with a ridiculious number of real-life problems that I just can't ignore. I've been kicked out of my university, and my job has made demands of me that I just can't get out of.

I'm really very sorry, as I was enjoying pbp roleplaying with you all.