Essence 2
Essence 2
Title: Tale Chaser
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Swordmaster
Artifact: Twice-blood Edge

Re: Dragon Blood PbP Game

04 Jun 2009, 12:24

[OOC] I knew I'd forgotten something! Oh well, best just to roll with that. :shock:

Dax Thura
Essence 2
Essence 2
Exalt: Dragon-Blooded

04 Jun 2009, 23:09

I was going back over the prior posts and I read that we are in our Penultimate year. Is that our last year or our first? If it's our last, my character would have behaved differently. He'd have had more confidence.

Kurrel
Essence 2
Essence 2

05 Jun 2009, 02:11

[OOC] As this is more freeform, it could well be for when we first met. Depends what Heaven wants. As for dice rollers, I don't know whether this board has a roller, but invisible castle (http://invisiblecastle.com/) is quite good.

Rhyssper grins at Asha, then, a mischievous amusement in her expression as she sets down her utensils. She straightens and takes on a more serious posture, part act and part habit, as she bows from the waist. "I am Rhyssper del Carnaden, third child of Nyrofenna del Carnaden, Lady of the Sarolean. Student of the Wan-Tan Junai path at this academy." It is clear she has courtly training, at least.

For those in the know, the Sarolean lands are a small country amongst the many that make up the scavenger lands, ruled by low breeding Dragon Blooded. They are honourable and courtly, in some respects a pale shadow of the Realm, and Rhyssper seems hardly a candidate for such.

[Edited for cut off family name]
Last edited by Kurrel on 05 Jun 2009, 09:23, edited 1 time in total.

drakensis
Essence 2
Essence 2

05 Jun 2009, 06:24

"Pleased to meet you," Thuvia says politely and then drains a cup of watered wine.

"I wonder if the other student houses have such mixed membership or if this is the one for unusual origins."
Though the Five-Score Fellowship has no overt inkling of the upcoming Reclamation, Arcadelt, the God of World-Shattering Events, has cheerfully noted that he has been steadily increasing in personal puissance for the past five years. Needless to say, this has the vast majority of Heaven very worried.
- MoEP: Infernals

Dax Thura
Essence 2
Essence 2

05 Jun 2009, 14:03

Zurin

I'm sure that the Dragons are playing a joke us. They are rolling over with laughter even now.

PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6
Title: Boarding School Drama Magnet
Fighting Style: Vicious rumors and one night stands
Artifact: Safara of the Five Truths daiklave

06 Jun 2009, 12:44

She raises a brow at Rhyssper, but then looks away, turning her bright blue gaze on Zurin again. "What are you hoping to study here, Zurin--if I may call you that?"

Dax Thura
Essence 2
Essence 2

06 Jun 2009, 15:19

Zurin

"Of course you may. I intend to study Sorcery. My parents were thaumaturges and relic hunters and they taught me much before I was chosen by Daana'd. I figure to continue on with what I already know. What about you?"

PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6

06 Jun 2009, 15:26

"Sorcerous engineering in general. Mostly for use with the V'neef fleets to make them the finest on the seas."

drakensis
Essence 2
Essence 2

07 Jun 2009, 03:50

Thuvia poured herself another cup of wine and held the bottle out to Rhyssper in offering.

"I'm working towards being a kinetropoi myself," she said. "You?"
Though the Five-Score Fellowship has no overt inkling of the upcoming Reclamation, Arcadelt, the God of World-Shattering Events, has cheerfully noted that he has been steadily increasing in personal puissance for the past five years. Needless to say, this has the vast majority of Heaven very worried.

Dax Thura
Essence 2
Essence 2

07 Jun 2009, 13:51

Zurin

"So we'll have a lot of classes together then?"

drakensis
Essence 2
Essence 2

08 Jun 2009, 02:09

"That seems likely, at least for theory classes. If you're going to be studying sorcery directly I'd guess that the practical classes will be different from those for magitech."

Kurrel
Essence 2
Essence 2

08 Jun 2009, 02:35

[OOC : Forgive me if I should recognize kinetropoi!]

As the conversation turns to Zurin again, Rhyssper gives a smile and a wry, bemused shake of her head and resumes eating.

When Thuvia addresses her, she covers her goblet with her hand in polite denial, "No, but thank you for offering to share." She gives a companionable grin, the epitome of relaxation as she raises her arms and gives a content stretch before crossing her arms in front of her and resting them on the table.

"Kinetropoi? I imagine that is a position of respect here?" she enquires, regarding Thuvia curiously. "My country has a need for skilled articifers. We have no tradition of it, though, and so we have caches for which we have no understanding. All this, and few enough to prepare and create new weapons to replace what we occasionally lose."

Glancing at the other two, she asides to Thuvia and, should they care to acknowledge, the table at large, "It seems that we may all be sharing several classes. Perhaps we have more in common than first appearances and our varied origins indicated."

Dax Thura
Essence 2
Essence 2

09 Jun 2009, 10:51

OK, I think we're ready to get this game going.

Dax Thura
Essence 2
Essence 2

12 Jun 2009, 11:27

3 days quiet

drakensis
Essence 2
Essence 2

12 Jun 2009, 14:44

Well you said we were ready to start. We're all watching the skies for the plot hammer to descend.

Kurrel
Essence 2
Essence 2

18 Jun 2009, 01:20

I think the evil forces of fate have kidnapped our ST. ;_;

Dax Thura
Essence 2
Essence 2

18 Jun 2009, 03:19

It sure seems like it.

MinorHeaven
Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author
Title: Dragon Lord
Fighting Style: Hardcore Speciality Melee KYAH.
Artifact: Dyklaive of Righteous Crimson Fury

20 Jun 2009, 11:31

Sorry guys! House move and lack of internet....dratted Sidereals! I'm back now with your plot, so I hope you enjoy it. Anyway, as you've all said, time for the game!

You all wake up, eat, dress and get ready for school. There are instructions on the first day for enrolment and explanations of the lesson plan.

It would seem that, this year, they're trying something a little different: you're being put into groups and expected to work on a group project in order to pass the year. You're being expected to come up with an innovative piece of magitech, designs and prototype included, for something practical. Each of you is expected to contribute in some way, and the Magitech tutor you share is keeping an eye to make sure you don't leave all the work to one individual.

Obviously, being player characters, you've all been assigned together for convenience's sake and given a map with areas of first-age and shogunate ruins/tombs/places of interest. Each group has been given the same map, and most of the other groups are pootling off to one or all of them hoping to
find something and blag it off as original. I haven't had time to draw a map, seeing as how I'm in transit atm. You will be given reasonable provisions by the school and your families, but don't expect to be allowed to go too far from the school: about 300 mile max. Well, not without sufficiently good reasoning.

OOC, if you have any particular places in the area you wish to go to, feel free to converse with each other about it and decide on your plan of action.

The point of the change in the curriculum is in order to encourage the lessons of self-sufficiency, as well as team work and initiative. Lookshy has plenty of weapons of mass destruction and magitech, but it wants to see what the more idealist youth can develop in order that it may make better use of its resources.

Questions?
And I Crash and I Burn And I Freeze In Hell
I'm Living My Life In The Dark Of Your Spell

Smiting Infernals: Just like punching Nazis off biplanes. Except with magic kung fu.

One does not simply mansecks their way into the Sword of Creation!

drakensis
Essence 2
Essence 2

21 Jun 2009, 02:18

As the students sat around the dining room to discuss the project, Thuvia leant back at a precipitous angle and put her feet up upon the table. "So. Half the class has run off to cheat, in the charmingly naive belief that the teaching staff won't notice. Seems like a loser's game to me. Do any of you have any thoughts on what we might want to be looking to do with this project?"

Dax Thura
Essence 2
Essence 2

21 Jun 2009, 07:40

Zarin

I'm not looking to 'cheat' as Thuvia put it, but taking a look at what's out there might be a good idea. I think we would be remiss if we did not learn from the past. Perhaps we will be inspired by what we find to invent something truly marvelous. Maybe our find will serve as a jumping off point or even serve as the foundation for our entry. Besides, this way we can get a look at some of the competition. Along the way we can still talk over our own ideas too.
Last edited by Dax Thura on 29 Jun 2009, 12:52, edited 1 time in total.

MinorHeaven
Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author
Title: Dragon Lord
Fighting Style: Hardcore Speciality Melee KYAH.
Artifact: Dyklaive of Righteous Crimson Fury

22 Jun 2009, 06:06

OOC:

I know this seems like really lazy plot on the side of the GM, but I'm genuinely wanting people to dictate what sort of adventure they want. I've been railroaded onto plot before on treasure-hunt type plot so I'm trying to keep this as sensible and as reasonable as I can, and still keep it interesting.
And I Crash and I Burn And I Freeze In Hell
I'm Living My Life In The Dark Of Your Spell

Smiting Infernals: Just like punching Nazis off biplanes. Except with magic kung fu.

One does not simply mansecks their way into the Sword of Creation!

PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6

22 Jun 2009, 10:14

She tucks a pink strand carefully back into place. "I have to agree with Zurin on this one. There's nothing wrong with peeking from the shoulders of giants before us. However, as students it's unlikely we'll be able to re-create or improve on anything that is already out there. I also think our first step should be to decide what kind of creation we want to do. Not everything has to be enormous war machines or great arching towers of jade. Look how useful some of the smaller artifacts are. Rather than debate on if we should enter the dark places of Creation," she pauses to brush away an invisible piece of dust from her dress. "I recommend we start with the general utility of our project. War machine? Medical aid? Household aid? Or, my personal favorite, something in the area of personal deportment?" She glances around at the group members for their thoughts.

Kurrel
Essence 2
Essence 2

22 Jun 2009, 11:56

With a smile and a shake of her head, Rhyssper runs one hand through her hair before crossing her arms behind her head and stretching her back in an arch. "I think chasing the other students is simply going to divert our energy into observing and worrying over what everyone else is doing. Maybe that's exactly what they want, to discover who in our class is the type for intrigue, invention or research."

Crossing her arms, she looks out the window with a distant expression. "I don't know about you, but I'm not much interested in making something to kill, just yet. I'm sure there's going to be time enough for that the moment we graduate. Dragons, but I sometimes imagine I can hear them stocking the forge already."

"I'm sure those who will grade us are focused upon weapons and things useful in war. I would prefer to create something that is unique. Things that move, or that act on their own. That can help us create better in the future, or remember how we made things in the past."

Dax Thura
Essence 2
Essence 2

22 Jun 2009, 12:45

Zarin

"What the others in our class are doing matters though. Even if it's just so that we'll know. And if you don't want to know, there's still the potential for inspiration, unless you have a suggestion already."
Last edited by Dax Thura on 29 Jun 2009, 12:52, edited 1 time in total.

PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6

22 Jun 2009, 13:21

"Both sides do make excellent points, and I agree that we should keep tabs on the work of the other students. Not only will it ensure that we make something that is incredibly unique and distinguished from our classmates, but the other students may have knowledge and experiance that will guide their projects to be better in various capacities. By way of a compromise, I propose that we continue like this: first we decide on the general type of project we would like to do. Secondly we do a casual survey of our other classmates to see what they are doing, or what they have heard others are doing. Thirdly, we use the resources such as the local artificars, libraries, and experts to determine exactly what our project would do and if there is anything like it already in exisistance. Even if we merely improve on an already existing item, it is still an original item and we mustn't forget that we can still make it look radically different. After those steps we should be able to begin actually designing and constructing the item without fear of duplication, mimicry, or accusations of cheating."