Third Edition

Moderator: Forum Gods

drakensis
Essence 2
Essence 2
Exalt: Dragon-Blooded

Re: Dragon Blood PbP Game

22 Jun 2009, 15:33

"Well, that sounds like a reasonable path of action to me. And I agree that there is no use to us seeking to reinvent the daiklave, by setting some weapon as a goal."

Thuvia scratched her chin in thought. "As to what we should set our goal towards, well, I am unsure. Some..." She hesitated. "Well, perhaps some means of transport? Something that can be applied to bulky goods rather than just a few Exalted?"
Though the Five-Score Fellowship has no overt inkling of the upcoming Reclamation, Arcadelt, the God of World-Shattering Events, has cheerfully noted that he has been steadily increasing in personal puissance for the past five years. Needless to say, this has the vast majority of Heaven very worried.
- MoEP: Infernals

Dax Thura
Essence 2
Essence 2

22 Jun 2009, 21:16

Zarin

"A good idea, but there's already so many different kinds of conveyances though. My parents often warned me about tomb guardians, mindless automatons left to protect places. Maybe we could make one that could serve as a servant and protector?"
Last edited by Dax Thura on 29 Jun 2009, 12:52, edited 1 time in total.

drakensis
Essence 2
Essence 2

23 Jun 2009, 02:39

"Interesting," Thuvia concedes. "That would be an impressive accomplishment - perhaps a little on the ambitious side, but worth considering."
Though the Five-Score Fellowship has no overt inkling of the upcoming Reclamation, Arcadelt, the God of World-Shattering Events, has cheerfully noted that he has been steadily increasing in personal puissance for the past five years. Needless to say, this has the vast majority of Heaven very worried.

Kurrel
Essence 2
Essence 2
Title: Tale Chaser
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Swordmaster
Artifact: Twice-blood Edge

23 Jun 2009, 03:30

Rhyssper grins at Thuvia, "I think a vehicle would be a great idea, though Zurin raises a good point about the quantity of existing vehicles. I'm all for something like that, but it'd have to be as Asha suggests... better in some way. Some facet that truly sets it apart. Something sleek, faster and with a height unrivalled." She is excited by the thought, "Even finding a wreck and restoring it ourselves would, I think, be impressive for students."

She nods to Zurin, "I like both these ideas. Something that moves on it's own would be hard, but so intriguing to create. It'd have to be aware of it's surroundings, able to understand that and change it's course depending on what was required. A real challenge, it'd be satisfying to see it all come together."

Folding one leg up onto the chair with her and hugging it, she rests her chin atop it. "You know, both of these aren't going to be easy. I think we could do a lot more if we restored or improved something. Perhaps a wreckage of a ship or find a guardians like Zurin mentions that have been damaged."

Dax Thura
Essence 2
Essence 2

23 Jun 2009, 05:54

Zarin

:twisted:
"Why don't we combine both ideas. Our entry could be a form of conveyance that could change into something like a warstrider to better protect its cargo. What would we call such a thing?"

OOC: I am so sorry. This just popped into my head.
Last edited by Dax Thura on 29 Jun 2009, 12:53, edited 1 time in total.

PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6
Title: Boarding School Drama Magnet
Fighting Style: Vicious rumors and one night stands
Artifact: Safara of the Five Truths daiklave

23 Jun 2009, 09:00

Asha looks at Zurin sharply. "A rather impressive and showy waste of effort, I'd guess." She smoothes her look. "I'm starting to worry that our eyes are getting bigger than our abilities. If we want to create something that isn't just for the exalted, why don't we construct something that can be used by mortals as well and has wide applications, maybe something to preserve the condition of food and drink that isn't salting or pickling."

Dax Thura
Essence 2
Essence 2

23 Jun 2009, 13:38

Zarin

"Why would we want to come up with something not meant for us? Besides, something so mundane and trivial will surely be laughed at and not win us the contest."

drakensis
Essence 2
Essence 2

23 Jun 2009, 16:41

Thuvia inhaled. "Now that is a good idea. Don't mock it, Zurin. Armies march on their stomachs and something of that nature would be..." She hesitated, calculating. "Something of that nature would be worth a fortune."

Dax Thura
Essence 2
Essence 2

24 Jun 2009, 04:57

Zarin

"Perhaps I did judge too swiftly. Armies do march on their stomachs. It would probably prove popular in the far north and south as well as long voyages in the west. Such a device could also prove beneficial during a drought or famine. It also has the benefit of being particularly practical and is not a tool of destruction. My apologies, Asha. Your idea has far more merit than I had given it. Ladies, after further consideration, I now back Asha's food preservation idea. I would still like to venture out to some of these 'places of interest' though. There may yet be something, well, interesting at them."

PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6

24 Jun 2009, 05:18

"Apology accepted Zurin. And I would like to second your idea of looking at the interesting locations around her. Inspiration comes from the strangest places. I'm sure you and Rhyssper will have a wonderful time. Do take careful notes." She tries the wine and winces. "My mother needs to hurry up with that shipment."

Dax Thura
Essence 2
Essence 2

24 Jun 2009, 15:32

Zarin

A grin invades Zurin's face.
"That suggestion is probably the best suggestion yet. Splitting up allows us to cover both ends and allows all of us to contribute. "

Kurrel
Essence 2
Essence 2

25 Jun 2009, 01:34

Rhyssper can't help but grin at the expression on Asha's face as she tastes the wine. "It's better not to drink it..." she advises, smile wry.

Following the conversation, she nods in silent agreement to the suggested idea, relaxing as she ponders the intricacies of such a project. When the suggestion of on-site investigation is raised, she perks up and hmms, "I imagine there must be a few places where such things are necessary for survival. I wonder if there are any records of such."

drakensis
Essence 2
Essence 2

25 Jun 2009, 02:09

"Food preservation equipment would most likely be found in farming areas. Perhaps we should see what records the library holds on Shogunate agriculture?"

Dax Thura
Essence 2
Essence 2

27 Jun 2009, 13:48

Zarin

OOC: I just noticed that I've been spelling my name wrong.
OOC: Did our ST go missing again?

I'll look over the site list that we received and see if there are any likely places noted. We can meet later to compare notes.

PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6

28 Jun 2009, 13:26

Asha looks at Thuvia. "Which would you rather handle, the book research or keeping an eye on the other student groups? I know my preference, but I'd rather let you choose."

drakensis
Essence 2
Essence 2

29 Jun 2009, 03:42

"I'm not worried about the other groups," Thuvia said. "Cracking the books sounds like the place to start, although doubtless we'll have fieldwork to do later on. Possibly literally."

Dax Thura
Essence 2
Essence 2

29 Jun 2009, 13:01

Zarin

Well then for the first part of our assignment, we will split up. I'll see about getting a winged messenger bauble to help us stay in communication.

Kurrel
Essence 2
Essence 2

30 Jun 2009, 07:51

Nodding to Thuvia's suggestion about looking into books, Rhyssper straightens and comes to her feet. She picks up the board and slings it under her arm, her other hand rest on her hip. "Worst comes to worst, Zarin, I can ferry messages as well."

"So, out of curiousity, which choice was your preference, Asha?" she asks, glancing to the immaculately dressed girl with a wry smile. "Somehow, it seems you'd be adept at espionage."

PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6

30 Jun 2009, 09:59

"Me?" Asha rests her manicured nails over her heart, one brow raising in surprise. She laughs lightly. "I'd be doing a very very poor job of it if I was. But while I'm here I see nothing wrong with getting to know Lookshy's students and people better. Who knows, with everything we have to defend Creation from, it never hurts to know that you have friends in unexpected places."

Kurrel
Essence 2
Essence 2

01 Jul 2009, 03:21

Rhyssper just grins, shaking her head and laughing after a moment. "Suure." she says, clearly playing unconvinced. For a dynast, you're quite likable." she counters, "But I'm going to get going. I need to get some studies done before evening if I'm going to have time for a last ride tonight."

Board slung under one arm, she nods to everyone with a bright, toothy grin. "Have fun, try not to break anything we might have to put back together. Hearts, minds, artifacts." With that, she heads out, heading to private rooms first and then to the study hall.

PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6

01 Jul 2009, 11:22

Asha looks at the others. "Some things here are still strange to me. Did I say or do something wrong?

drakensis
Essence 2
Essence 2

02 Jul 2009, 02:17

Thuvia shrugged. "I've no idea." She took her feet off the table and checked the time. "Well, still time to head to the library. I'll see what I can turn up."

PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6

02 Jul 2009, 06:09

Asha shruged to herself. Rhyssper seemed a little strange to her anyway, harmless, but strange. It would be a matter to consider later. She set aside her glass and stood, bowing politely to Zurin. "I too should take my leave to form a plan of attack, so to speak. I look forward to hearing what you find out." With a sweet smile she leaves, followed by her maid back down to her basement room.

Kurrel
Essence 2
Essence 2

03 Jul 2009, 01:46

For her part, Rhyssper walks up to her room and changes. Setting down the board, taking a moment to glance out at the weather before wriggling into a pair of long pants and shrugging on a jacket, both of rigid black leather. She leaves the jacket open and tugs on a pair of boots, looking at least sort of like a cadet now as she grabs some books from a table cluttered with more of the same, alongside metal objects and personal notes and diagrams.

Heading out, she heads over the library, thoughtful.

[Shall we jump forwards to the next meeting, a random event or some social gathering?]

Dax Thura
Essence 2
Essence 2

03 Jul 2009, 07:35

I'd be ok with moving forward in time a little, though a storyteller might be needed. Anyone seen ours?