Essence 5
Essence 5
Title: Dead-Eyed Angel
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Righteous Devil Style - aka Shoot It Till It Dies
Artifact: Twin Orichalchum Plasma Tongue Repeaters

Re: Dragon Blood PbP Game

10 Apr 2009, 09:07

"Oh?" Zenkai raised an eyebrow at Thuvia, refilling his glass with wine. "I had not realized women enjoyed watching wrestling so much. In that case, that I ensure you it will be a very promising year."
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6
Title: Boarding School Drama Magnet
Exalt: Dragon-Blooded
Fighting Style: Vicious rumors and one night stands
Artifact: Safara of the Five Truths daiklave

10 Apr 2009, 10:40

Asha sighs as if hearing a child say something silly. She toys with her wine glass, but through it's still half full, she doesn't drink the wine.

drakensis
Essence 2
Essence 2

10 Apr 2009, 10:54

"Oh I suppose it's not just the girls who like to see you stripped down and sweating while you grapple," Thuiva concedes with a chuckle. "I suppose that it could be to do with your technical mastery of the art perhaps."
Though the Five-Score Fellowship has no overt inkling of the upcoming Reclamation, Arcadelt, the God of World-Shattering Events, has cheerfully noted that he has been steadily increasing in personal puissance for the past five years. Needless to say, this has the vast majority of Heaven very worried.
- MoEP: Infernals

Raiden
Essence 5
Essence 5

10 Apr 2009, 11:30

His head tilted in Thuvia's direction.

"...I...I suppose. Perhaps." He looked at the cup, then back up at Thuvia. Then back down at his cup. "...just to be clear, was that a roundabout way of calling me gay? Because I can assure you that's not the case. If it wasn't your way then...thank you?"

He took a sip of the wine, rather puzzled.

drakensis
Essence 2
Essence 2

10 Apr 2009, 14:20

She threw her head back and laughed. "Why would I care, one way or another? Unless I was trying to entice you, which to be honest I don't have the mood for tonight."

"Come now though, Asha. He's a handsome fellow, Zenkai, is he not? No stretch of imagination to see him with many admirers, eh?"
Though the Five-Score Fellowship has no overt inkling of the upcoming Reclamation, Arcadelt, the God of World-Shattering Events, has cheerfully noted that he has been steadily increasing in personal puissance for the past five years. Needless to say, this has the vast majority of Heaven very worried.

PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6

10 Apr 2009, 14:58

"I suppose, if one finds the hulking neanderthal types attractive. I personally prefer the quieter intellectuals who can appreciate art and life without feeling the need to dominate it absolutely." She glances at him through her lashes. "Not that it matters. I'll have two goals while I'm here, become educated and choose my husband from Realm candidates. Which reminds me to tell them that I've settled so I can get some real wine." She looks up quickly. "No offense, but watered down wine has never been to my taste. When the bottles from the V'neef vineyards arrive, you will see what I'm talking about. If you would like to try it, that is."

Raiden
Essence 5
Essence 5

10 Apr 2009, 22:26

Zenkai sipped more at the wine. "The watered down wine is useful. Not only does it allow wine to last longer, but when used for simple meals and everyday use it builds a softened taste. That way, when celebrations and vacations arrive and we may drink full-blooded wine, its richness can be savored. Drink rich wine for every meal, then it loses any sense of being special." He set his empty cup into his empty bowl and pushed them aside.

"And for your information, there have been several women that find the neanderthal type attractive."

PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6

10 Apr 2009, 22:36

"You are easy to get riled up, Neanderthal. Don't worry, I have no doubts you'll find plenty of women wanting to spend time with you in that capacity." She fiddles with the wine glass again.

Raiden
Essence 5
Essence 5

11 Apr 2009, 21:55

Ummm....heh. Awkward.

Seems I'm probably going to have to drop out of this due to my favored summer job falling through, which means I'm going to have to take the Summer Camp Counselor job to afford tuition next year, which means I'm only going to have access to a computer is on Friday nights and Saturdays of most weeks, but even then they'll require me to stay full weekends at times.

So while I was looking forward to playing, I really don't think I'd be able to keep up if I'm not here six days of the week.

Apologize to everyone for taking up their time and to Minorheaven for coming up with a great private plot for me that I can't put to effect. If someone else wants to join using my character, feel free.

drakensis
Essence 2
Essence 2

12 Apr 2009, 15:38

I'm sorry to hear that. It's always a pain when plans fall through in that fashion.

MinorHeaven
Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author
Title: Dragon Lord
Fighting Style: Hardcore Speciality Melee KYAH.
Artifact: Dyklaive of Righteous Crimson Fury

13 Apr 2009, 04:38

I'm sorry to hear that too. I had hoped to keep all my players as, despite not much plot currently, you do all seem to be good fun and having a good time. :(

Hope it all works out for you in the end.

I guess I'd better find another player: do the other players have a suggestion, or should I go invite someone else randomly and see what happens?
And I Crash and I Burn And I Freeze In Hell
I'm Living My Life In The Dark Of Your Spell

Smiting Infernals: Just like punching Nazis off biplanes. Except with magic kung fu.

One does not simply mansecks their way into the Sword of Creation!

drakensis
Essence 2
Essence 2

13 Apr 2009, 16:24

Given that there seem to be a couple of players not yet participating, it hardly seems too late for others to join in. And should the game last then there's no reason Zenkai couldn't involve himself once summer ends.

PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6

13 Apr 2009, 16:34

That is an excellent point, that was just a practice to make sure characters could mesh...and with the exception of Asha's ignorance (which has been fun to play) there's been little that would suggest there'll be serious problems...of course we are missing people.

I would be fine leaving the spot open for when Raiden is able to return, though with a PbP I don't really forsee the lack of tech being a huge hurdle. They generally run slower and I have a stewardess friend who only does PbP because even travelling she can keep up relatively well. Rambling.

Long story short I agree with holding ZenKai's spot open, unless Raiden is truely against that.

MinorHeaven
Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author

23 Apr 2009, 22:17

I'm easily pleased. Sincerely.

Smiting Infernals: Just like punching Nazis off biplanes. Except with magic kung fu.

drakensis
Essence 2
Essence 2

24 Apr 2009, 00:46

With some difficulty I shall endeavor not to speculate on what part of your life you are referring to.

MinorHeaven
Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author

24 Apr 2009, 05:53

Lol! I left mysepfl open for that one.

And that one!

Saremu
Essence 4
Essence 4

29 Apr 2009, 21:59

I've definately dropped the ball on this one. I won't be joining you anytime soon, if at all.

MinorHeaven
Essence 4
Essence 4
Topic Author

27 May 2009, 09:08

Right, well, Two players have dropped out, one more is submitting a concept. And I have internet for the foreseeable future! I will start posting again! We all readY?

PeleCindertind
Essence 6
Essence 6

27 May 2009, 17:26

I'm set.

drakensis
Essence 2
Essence 2

28 May 2009, 03:44

I'm still alive.

Dax Thura
Essence 2
Essence 2

28 May 2009, 15:24

I've submitted my character to MinorHeaven and await word on her decision.

Kurrel
Essence 2
Essence 2
Title: Tale Chaser
Fighting Style: Swordmaster
Artifact: Twice-blood Edge

29 May 2009, 01:50

Hey there,

Just looking around and wondered if it's still too late to come join?

Kurrel.

Dax Thura
Essence 2
Essence 2

30 May 2009, 02:09

“This school is so big”, thinks Zarin Bloodriver of Gens Gherin. “Bloodriver, what a stupid name”. His tormentors (tutors) said that a prince of the earth should have a name that commanded respect and induced awe and that Zarin just wasn’t going to cut it. “If it keeps mom living well, then I guess I can put up with it. I’ll probably even get used to it after a while. I hope I get used to this uniform too. They said even though I’m not yet the leader of the Gens, I should still look the part and that the uniform would help set the tone for all of my interactions with others. Whatever, I just know it rides up something awful.”

Zarin cautiously walks into the dining hall and sees a few other Dragon-Blooded all sitting together. His first impulse is to go find another place to eat, but then remembers that he’s one of them now. “This is what my (tor)mentors have been preparing me for.” He straightens his uniform and mentally recites his mantra, ‘I’m a prince of the earth, I’m a prince of the earth, I’m a prince of the earth’, before walking up to them. “Hello, I am Gherin Zarin Bloodriver. It is a pleasure to meet all of you. “

drakensis
Essence 2
Essence 2

31 May 2009, 03:23

"Bloodriver?" Thuvia asked, leaning back in her chair and twisting her neck to look at him, her unbound hair almost dragging on the floor behind her. "Dragons have mercy, who tagged you with that?"

"Never mind," she adds without pausing for an answer. "Pull up a pew and drown your sorrows with the rest of us."

Dax Thura
Essence 2
Essence 2

31 May 2009, 15:32

Zurin gives a nervous chuckle as he fumbles a bit in having a seat. "Yeah, it is rather bombastic isn't it? It refers to the events of my Exaltation." He looks down for a moment before looking up, "Umm. I didn't get your names."