Essence 3
Topic Author
Title: The Oncoming Storm
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Irony
Artifact: My mind.

The Death Scene for the Maiden of the Mirthless Smile

07 Mar 2011, 18:15

So, without the whole long story of why the Maiden of the Mirthless Smile clashed with the Dawn Caste PC that is the reincarnation of Merela, the Dawn Caste cut her down good. This was the post describing her death, and the battle being waged around them as it happened.

The Red Star:
33 | 03/08/2011 12:05 am
:::"IMPOSSIBLE!" she spurts out, as blood flies from her mouth, before, during, and after her exclamation. Defiant to the last, she's determined to take one more life with her, and knowing that she hasn't the strength left to take down Amaranth, she hurls her Daiklave across the battlefield, toward the humans who have drawn away from the fight. It impales Suvi Dumare through the chest, and pins him to a tree, which withers from the impact of Oblivion-tainted Essence. She looks up at Amaranth and smiles triumphantly. "It is," she coughs up blood while using all of her fleeting strength to even stay up on her knees, "written," she sputters out more blood, as the creases from Amaranth's attacks manifest themselves through the Deathknight's ruined armour, where blood wells up, "in the stars of the Underworld," she coughts some more blood, "that the living will," her left arm falls off above the elbow, and blood sprays in all directions, "never triumpth over the dead." Her right arm falls off, and then she collapses onto her back, whereupon a pool of blood spreads out from beneath her back, as her body bursts open, her intestines fly out with a trail of blood and bile, and the final words to exit her mouth are not hers, but something far more sinister, "Thank Raining Tears for giving us the Loom of Fate. Creation is Ours." Her eyes don't shut. Instead, they fade into orbs as pitch black as the Caste Mark that fades from her forehead.
Meanwhile, the battle around them continues in earnest. The Seventh Legion and the forces of Chela appear to have an upper hand, if only because less than one half of the Mask of Winters' forces are committed to the battle. The black and red-clad Deathknight shouts to his troops to stay out of the fight and leads them into the Underworld, as evidenced by how they disappear in the same manner as the Juggernaut, although by means of travelling north, rather than east, toward Amaranth's forces. Those dead who do remain to fight are outnumbered, but they are not without prowess and spirit. Were they her own forces, Amaranth would be pleased with their dedication:::

Kailan
Essence 7
Essence 7
Title: Pattern Spider
Exalt: God
Fighting Style: I will nom your tasty paradox

Re: The Death Scene for the Maiden of the Mirthless Smile

07 Mar 2011, 20:31

I'm going to move this over to the RP forum, if you don't mind. :)
Text in red is modvoice.

(11:18:32 PM) Xanti: The Bronze Faction does not care about your stupid anathema feefees.

This signature was foretold... BY GYROMANCY.

Vil
Essence 3
Essence 3
Topic Author

07 Mar 2011, 21:28

:)

Kailan
Essence 7
Essence 7
Title: Pattern Spider
Exalt: God
Fighting Style: I will nom your tasty paradox

07 Mar 2011, 21:52

And done! Great scene, by the way. :)
Text in red is modvoice.

(11:18:32 PM) Xanti: The Bronze Faction does not care about your stupid anathema feefees.

This signature was foretold... BY GYROMANCY.

Vil
Essence 3
Essence 3
Topic Author

07 Mar 2011, 22:05

Thanks!

I have another one coming up, which is from tonight's session as well. It involves the ending of the Mask of Winters, and the horror that is mercy on the part of a Neverborn.

Vil
Essence 3
Essence 3
Topic Author

09 Mar 2011, 20:38

As promised, I'm going to post the stuff involving the Neverborn, which happened after the Empress announced her return, the Realm Defense Grid nuked Thorns, and Radiant Amaranth was saved from destruction and yanked into the Labrynth, at the Mouth of the Void, by the Neverborn.

I have to first stop and thank other players here, whose ideas influenced My own. Even after over a year and a half of evolving story, there is always room for improvement. Thankfully, just as My stories are skeletal enough to allow the input of characters to seriously matter and change things a lot, so to does it give room for Me to insert great ideas upon which I'm fortunate enough to stumble. One such thing was the idea of Deathlord souls clogging Lethe.

To explain a little backdrop on stuff, because this will come up in what I'm posting, I need to make a few notes.
1. Raining Tears is a Secrets Caste, Independent Sidereal. Over the course of game (this goes back quite some time), she found the god-ghost of Pluto, one of five Slain Maidens from the time of the Primordial War. The other 4 serve the will of the Neverborn, but Pluto does not. None the less, Pluto wants her sisters to succeed, for only in the success of their plan, can they also be undermined. She knew that Raining Tears would jump at a chance to gain control of the Calender of Setesh, for the Fivescore Fellowship. She also knew what her sisters intended, to use the arcane link between them (should one be forged) to allow the Deathlords to access the Loom of Fate. To Pluto, this is a worthwhile risk, since Sidereals are far more adept at such manipulations, and it would give them access to the fate of beings in the Underworld. Pluto explained that the key to the calendar was lost during the Usurpation, but that if she were to enter a Never Was (an alternate Creation existing around the success of the Sidereals in correcting the behavior of the Solars, thus preventing the Usurpation) and get a copy made of that version of the key, which would be held by the Deliberative. She got cured of the Great Curse (without learning what it is, and that is a LONG story) and acquired the key, which she brought back and gave to the other Sidereals.

2. Amaranth's sword goes beyond special. To explain it, I must explain how I used the 14th Deathlord. In My game, she was the ghost of Queen Merela, and she was the only Deathlord strong enough to resist the will of her masters. The reason for this was the Grave Good of the Crown of Thunders. In life, it gave her mastery over others. In death, she thought that it did nothing but wore it because it was hers. What she didn't know, but would find out after becoming a Deathlord, was that it gave her mastery over herself. Over aeons, she contemplated the arcane link between Deathlords, all of whom have fragments of slain Daeva, from the Neverborn, themselves. She devised a weapon that would actually send a Deathlord onto Lethe, allowing them to let go to make this possible. The weapon required a sacrifice of herself, so before she would willingly make this happen, the Dawn Caste had to be tested (LONG story). Once Amaranth sufficiently proved herself, she was asked to give over her Daiklave, Alondite, which was once Merela's. Upon doing so, The Fallen Monarch In Repose (Merela's ghost) had her ghostly Dragon-King servitors smelt her down, along with the Crown of Thunders, and Alondite, to reforge them into a unique Grand Daiklave, called Neverborns' Bane. The weapon is a fusion of orichalcum and soulsteel that looks like black and gold Damascus Steel, attunes as Orichalcum, and, among its abilities, can send a Deathlord on to Lethe, provided that it lands the killing blow. The weapon is also sentient and tends to have opinions.

3. Rather important or not, if they're going to be seen on more than one occasion, I rather like to give people who might as well be extras 3 dimensions. It just enriches the game. One such mortal is a little more important than that. As My players may read this, I will not delve into everything. What I will say is this: He is immortal, to a limited extent. Nothing will kill him before he pens the end of the Second Age, and it was foretold that he would bare witness to these events. Given My quirks, those who read his description might think of Hoenheim, from Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Hell, I had a Hekatonkhire that looked like the homonculus in the flask, but I digress...

Anyway, what I am posting will be HUGE, so I am going to start another thread, titled "Amaranth Visits the Neverborn". It will be a direct copy/paste of the log, from the time of her arrival into the Labyrnth, to the end of the session.