Topic Author
Title: That Thing
Exalt: Fair Folk
Fighting Style: SAN-blasting
Artifact: Dividing By 0

Re: Nizversions!

10 Dec 2013, 11:35

Daerim wrote:
I'm looking forward to Exalted 4e's take on items of power and holding out hope that there's something of interest to me there.

They're working on 4e Exalted already?
:awesome:
"There was a young lady named bright,
Who could travel much faster than light,
She went out one day,
In a relative way,
And came back the previous night."

Love is never having to say you're sorry. Power is being able to kill anyone who asks for an apology.
Jaito: "Necromancy is like Linux, but even less sociable"
<Logos> The sugar is Asian people.
"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, watch it! I'm huge."
Hamster Style / Kitten Style / Hit 'Em With a Rock Style / Newest Icon Full Pic

Daerim
Essence 5
Essence 5
Title: Dawn Caste
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Solar Melee
Artifact: The Tabar Perihelion

11 Dec 2013, 18:04

Bah. Too many editions of too many systems and finals and work and blarhg.

Nizkateth
Essence 8
Essence 8
Topic Author

12 Dec 2013, 07:26

I knew what you meant, just picking for fun.
:dance:

I will be curious to hear what they do with a lot of things in 3e Exalted. Still likely won't get it, if only because I've really lost touch with WW in general (heck, I'm gradually selling off my WoD books online). Unless it was somehow really really good... like amazing good... to get me back in.
And even then I'd probably just learn enough to do new conversions.
:neckbeard:
She went out one day,
In a relative way,

Love is never having to say you're sorry. Power is being able to kill anyone who asks for an apology.

Nizkateth
Essence 8
Essence 8
Topic Author

12 Dec 2013, 12:17

The Sandmen and Étoile
Part 1 – Nanite Infection

The Etoile use tiny magitech machines, so small they are invisible without aid of powerful charms, to create the Sandmen as servants. Sandmen are created from normal humans. The first stage of this transformation is deliberate infection with the nanotech disease.
As a disease, the Exalted and many other magical beings are immune to the process (suffering only the normal -2 penalties) and cannot be transformed. The disease is not communicable outside of: deliberate infection through a contaminated weapon piercing the skin, inhalation of a concentrated spray, or exchange of bodily fluids with someone already infected.

Symptoms include a high fever and fatigue which last about a month as the body is rebuilt from within and the mind reprogrammed. If the subjects dies from the infection during this time, the nanites dissolve the body quickly and leave no trace of it. If, after a month infected, the subject is still alive they have been transformed into the first stage of becoming a Sandman.

Sandman Infection
Virulence: 4
Difficulty to Treat: 5
Morbidity: 3
Treated Morbidity: 2

Upon the first stage of transformation, the new Sandman's Essence is awakened. They gain a mote pool of 10m, all personal.
They also gain the Blood Music charm.

Blood Music
Cost: --; Mins: Essence 1; Type: Permanent
Keywords: Native
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisite Charms: None, must be infected with Etoile nanites.
At the beginning of the first stage, the Sandman is altered and enhanced in preparation for later modification.
The character's maximum Strength, Stamina, and Intelligence are increased by 1 (usually 6). Maximum Charisma is reduced by 1 (usually 4).
The character may, reflexively, raise and lower their body temperature to between a high fever, and ice cold. This renders them immune to the effects of natural heat and cold.
They also emit a strange, static-like essence-field. This makes them stand out as strange to those with Essence sight or other such charms, but also renders exact information about them impossible to discern with most Essence-detection charms and abilities.
All attempts to treat the Sandman with the Medicine ability gain an artificial +3 specialty (which does not stack), as the nanites assist in any recovery. The character can staunch their bleeding as though they were Exalted.

Hot Running
Cost: 1wp; Mins: Essence 1; Type: Reflexive
Keywords: Combo-OK
Duration: One Action
Prerequisite Charms: Blood Music
The Sandman learns to stimulate the body at-will.
For the charm's duration, the character ignores penalties from Wounds and Fatigue.

Healing Stasis
Cost: 10m; Mins: Essence 1; Type: Simple
Keywords: None
Duration: Indefinite
Prerequisite Charms: Hot Running
The Sandman reduces their metabolic rate to a crawl and recovers.
For the duration of this charm the character is Inactive but aware. They appear to be dead to any mundane examination. This state may be ended by the character at any time.
While the character is torpid, they can recover bashing and lethal levels of damage at a rate of 1 per hour. Aggravated levels heal at a rate of one per day.

Fugue State
Cost: 1bhl/action; Mins: Essence 1; Type: Reflexive (Step 1)
Keywords: Combo-OK
Prerequisite Charms: Healing Stasis
As a last resort, the Sandman can accelerate their mind and body. Everything slows down and becomes crystal clear. But the toll is potentially severe.
This charm costs 1 bashing health level per action. Track the number of Actions the character spends in this state.
While this charm is active, the character may add their Essence in successes to any combat-action they take. Multiple-action penalties for flurries are reduced by 2. And any weapon they wield gains +1 rate, to a maximum of 5.
When the character stops spending bashing levels maintaining this charm, they must make a (Stamina + Resistance) roll at difficulty 2. On a failure, they immediately suffer a fatigue penalty (as though from wearing armor for a long time) equal to the number of Actions this charm was active.
She went out one day,
In a relative way,

Nizkateth
Essence 8
Essence 8
Topic Author

12 Dec 2013, 12:54

The Sandmen and Étoile
Part 2 – Greater Modification

To complete the transformation into Sandmen, the Etoile install minor techno-magic modifications into their servants. These implants are powered and directed by the nanite infection, and cannot be used by anyone non-Sandmen. However, they are exceedingly simple and inexpensive in materials to produce, acting more as equipment than artifacts despite their magical natures.
All augmentations are seamless and internal. They can only be detected through careful medical or essence examination, though the latter is complicated by the field produced by Blood Music.

There is a downside however. The essence that flows through these devices is rigid and electrical in nature, tied to air, earth, and fire; and to wood through their infusion into living flesh. As such, immersion in water is harmful for an augmented Sandman. While a splash is insufficient, completely submerging a Sandman causes 1 bashing level of damage per action, which cannot be resisted or soaked.
Artificial specialties do not stack with any existing specialties, use only the higher value. However, they do not count against the specialties a character may purchase normally.

Sandman Augmentations
Hypnotic Voice – Resources 1. The character gains an artificial +3 specialty of “Hypnotic Voice” with Manipulation-based social pools.
Nano-Immunity – Resources 1. The character resists Poison as one of the Exalted, and gains an artificial +3 specialty of Poisons for Resistance.
Flesh Sculpting – Resources 2. The character gains an artificial +3 Larceny specialty in Disguise, and needs no equipment to disguise themselves as they can reshape their skin and facial structures.
Item Fusion – Resources 2. The character can fuse any non-organic tool, including weapons, to themselves or detach such an item at will. Fusing or separating requires a Speed 5 miscellaneous action. While fused, the character gains an artificial +3 specialty in the item's use. Attempting to fuse with an organic item causes 1 level of unsoakable bashing damage.
Body Plating – Resources 2. Metal armor plates are grafted under the character's skin. Any armor made entirely of metal can be fused in this way, and must be acquired separately. Once installed, the armor has reduced mobility and fatigue values of 3 less than normal for each. Magical armor cannot be installed.
Limb Augmentation – Resources 3. Enhances the skeleton and muscles of a single limb per application. An enhanced arm has an effective +1 strength for lifting and striking force. Enhancing a leg adds +1 to Dexterity for determining movement speeds, and +1 to Strength for determining jumping distance.
Enhanced Vision – Resources 3. The character can now see in total darkness as though it were murky visibility, and can see in murky visibility as though it were clear.
Internal Communication – Resources 3. The character can silently and mentally communicate with other Sandmen with this augmentation, as well as with the Etoile, over any distance. This augmentation does not work across the boundaries of realms, such as between Creation and the Wyld or the Underworld.
She went out one day,
In a relative way,

Nizkateth
Essence 8
Essence 8
Topic Author

12 Dec 2013, 13:35

The Sandmen and Étoile
Part 3 – The Metallic Masters

A fallen star carried the Etoile to Creation. Their nature is alien and so far unknown.
Bearing a vague resemblance to a metallic jellyfish, an Etoile is essentially a writhing mass of metal wires that end in tiny pincers. Moving by pushing with their many limbs, an Etoile essentially rolls like a tumbleweed.
Their delicate-looking frames belie their agility and precision.
Their motives are mysterious, but seem to involve the conversion and subjugation of humanity.

Étoile – Standard
Motivation: Convert the World
Attributes: Strength 1, Dexterity 5, Stamina 3; Charisma 2, Manipulation 2, Appearance 2; Perception 3, Intelligence 5, Wits 4
Virtues: Compassion 1, Temperance 5, Conviction 5, Valor 3
Abilities: Athletics 1, Awareness 3, Craft (all) 4, Dodge 3, Resistance 3, Integrity 4, Investigation 2, Larceny 1, Linguistics (native, Old Realm; choose 2 others) 2, Lore 3, Martial Arts 2, Medicine 4, Occult 3, Stealth 1, War 1
Charms:
Principle of Motion
Dematerialize
Light Field
Join Battle: 7
Attacks:
Pincer – Speed 4, Accuracy 7, 8L, Parry DV4, Rate 3; P
Tendril Wrap – Speed 6, Accuracy 6, 1B, Rate 2; C, P
Shock – Speed 5, Accuracy 7, 7L, Rate 1; ignores soak of non-magical metallic armor.
Soak: 11L/13B (Metallic Structure, 10L/10B)
Health Levels: -0/-0/-1/-1/-2/-2/-4/-4/inc/inc
Dodge DV: 6
Willpower: 8
Essence: 3
Essence Pool: 70
Other Notes: An Etoile can continue to fight normally while clinching up to 2 targets at once. It uses Dexterity for damage with its pincer and shock attacks.
Immersing an Etoile in water causes 1 level of unsoakable lethal damage per action.

Light Field
Cost: 10m/action; Mins: Conviction 5, Essence 3; Type: Simple (Speed 3, DV -0)
Keywords: Obvious
Prerequisite Charms: None
When under attack, an Etoile can produce a strobing Essence wave.
This bright pulse acts as Emerald Countermagic against everything within 30 yards, centered on the Etoile. This shatters 1st circle sorcery effects, and snuffs out mortal magic instantly. Sandman augmentations are not affected.
Every action this charm is maintained this countermagic effect triggers again.
While this charm is in effect, the Etoile adds its Essence to its DVs.
Motes spent powering this charm are spent at the beginning of each action it is maintained, are considered committed, and cannot be recovered for as long as the effect persists.

Secret: Unknown to any but perhaps the Maiden of Secrets, the Etoile are the result of the execution of a Forbidden God. The starmetal that fell to Creation was flawed, and carried a sinister intellect.
She went out one day,
In a relative way,

BrilliantRain
Essence 8
Essence 8
Title: The City of Mod
Exalt: Alchemical
Fighting Style: Primordial-Machine Weaving
Artifact: Eye of Autochthon

12 Dec 2013, 22:58

I really liked Dark Matter.

Mod Text is in Green

Do you have enough Tools, King of All Craftsmen?

Nizkateth
Essence 8
Essence 8
Topic Author

13 Dec 2013, 04:56

You have no idea how happy it makes me that someone got the reference.
:neckbeard:
Been re-reading it lately.
She went out one day,
In a relative way,

BrilliantRain
Essence 8
Essence 8
Title: The City of Mod
Exalt: Alchemical
Fighting Style: Primordial-Machine Weaving
Artifact: Eye of Autochthon

14 Dec 2013, 21:43

It was a fun game. Not sure I'd play it with Alternity rules now though.

Mod Text is in Green

Do you have enough Tools, King of All Craftsmen?

Nizkateth
Essence 8
Essence 8
Topic Author

15 Dec 2013, 05:43

Well, Alternity was in the heady days of AD&D... some system progress has been made since.
I'd consider using M&M.
She went out one day,
In a relative way,