Topic Author
Title: That Thing
Exalt: Fair Folk
Fighting Style: SAN-blasting
Artifact: Dividing By 0

Githyanki - Legacy of the Contagion

25 Jun 2008, 10:56

Githyanki
Yellow-skinned, pointed-eared, dark haired warriors wearing silvery armor and carrying silvered weapons. The average Githyanki stands over 6 and a half feet tall, but is so thin and wiry of frame that most only weigh around 160-170lbs.
During the Great Contagion, a powerful lunar was standing strong against a wave of the fair folk. From her manse, Gith managed to keep the hordes at bay for several days. However, they eventually stormed through the defenses and into the manse-fortress. Even then the warrior-woman held her ground, until one of the raksha activated something powerful by accident. In a single, spherical blast the manse was destroyed, leaving only a crater a few miles across centered where it had once stood.
The forming silver pact mourned the loss of the Full Moon Gith, and waited for her next incarnation. In the press of problems at the time however, no one noticed that she hadn’t. Gith was not dead.
Floating in a perfect sphere of contained air and earth, surrounded on all sides by the blank nothingness of elsewhere, is the fortress-manse. Its power still flows, channeled into the bearer of the hearthstone. In the aftermath of the blast, Gith destroyed most of the fair folk that were trapped with her. The remaining forces of the raksha surrendered as their essence began to wane. They fed off the lingering emotion of the area as long as they could. Eventually, they swore themselves to Gith, and stabilized their essence from the power of her manse.
Over the centuries, Gith grew bored and listless with nothing else to do except contemplate methods to return to creation. She bred with the trapped fair folk, and birthed fey-blooded offspring and beastmen. In time the fair folk could not maintain their strength in the bubble of creation. They have since died off completely, but their offspring have interbred with others, all spawned of Gith. Her manse produces enough food for all the current residents of the bubble. The interbred offspring of Gith have also become altered by close and constant exposure to the alien elsewhere. They are now something different.
The Githyanki all swear allegiance to the increasingly insane Gith. With sorcery, manse power, and using samples of her own equipment, Gith has created more moonsilver. Her children use this equipment and keep it sacred. In tournaments and contests they vie for greater power, as there is not enough land in the elsewhere-bubble for a large population. Through attrition and winnowing away the weak, the Githyanki have become very powerful.
Most notably however, Gith may recently have found a way to return her manse to creation.

Str 6; Dex 4; Sta 4
Cha 3; Man 2; App 3
Per 2; Int 3; Wit 3

Compassion 2, Conviction 5, Temperance 2, Valor 4

Abilities: Archery 2, Martial Arts 3, Melee 4, Thrown 2, War 2, Integrity 3, Presence 2, Resistance 1, Craft (fire) 3, Craft (air) 2, Lore 2, Occult 2, Athletics 2, Awareness 3, Dodge 2, Stealth 1, Linguistics (Old Realm) 0, Ride 1, Socialize 1

Special Abilities:
Moonsilver Harmony - Githyanki can attune to Moonsilver as though they were Lunars.
Telekinetic Leap - Githyanki calculate their Jump distance as though they were exalted, and double the final value.
Respire - Githyanki recover motes exactly as an Exalt. Githyanki may also stunt normally.

Attacks:
Moonsilver Daiklaive - Speed 5, Accuracy 13, 12L, Parry DV 6, Rate 3
Telekinetic Grasp - As clinch, but at range of up to 8 yards. An enemy may only escape the grapple, not gain control. Costs 1m/action to use.
Telekinetic Strike - Speed 6, Accuracy 8, 9B, Rate 2, Range 30; ignores mundane armor. Costs 3m to use.
Psychic Barrage - Speed 6, Accuracy 7 (attacks Dodge MDV), on a success the target loses 1 temporary wp, rate 1, range 30; compare the roll against all non-Githyanki within 5 yards of the target. Costs 2m to use.

Join Battle: 6
Soak: 8B/8L/6A (moonsilver breastplate, 6L/4B)
Health Levels: -0/-1/-1/-1/-2/-2/-2/-4/inc
Dodge DV: 4
Willpower: 9
Essence: 2
Mote Pool: 20 (7 committed)

Equipment: Moonsilver Daiklaive and Breastplate
"There was a young lady named bright,
Who could travel much faster than light,
She went out one day,
In a relative way,
And came back the previous night."

Love is never having to say you're sorry. Power is being able to kill anyone who asks for an apology.
Jaito: "Necromancy is like Linux, but even less sociable"
<Logos> The sugar is Asian people.
"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, watch it! I'm huge."
Hamster Style / Kitten Style / Hit 'Em With a Rock Style / Newest Icon Full Pic

Sorazorashii Hanjin
Essence 3
Essence 3
Title: Rising Phoenix of Dawn
Exalt: Solar
Fighting Style: Writing the Code Kata
Artifact: PowerBook G4 with one hearthstone

Re: Githyanki - Legacy of the Contagion

25 Jun 2008, 11:57

See, I wasn't expecting the Gith. I LOVE the Gith(-yanki or -zerai, I don't care, they're all cool).

Thus, I now love you. :perv:

Yay Gith! Githy gith gith! Eeeeee!
<Sarodinian> - "The Wyld Hunt is implacable. If they came at you before and lived, they'll just be more cleaver about it next time."
<Marcellus (me)> - "Cleaver? Damn, that's like clever, but more violent."
<Sarodinian> - "Yes. Yes it is."

Nizkateth
Essence 8
Essence 8
Topic Author

26 Jun 2008, 10:25

Well, I'm glad you like them. Inspiration just struck me when I saw them as I flipped through the MM.
I'm enjoying putting setting-specific backstory to these things as well.
:nizgrin:
She went out one day,
In a relative way,

Love is never having to say you're sorry. Power is being able to kill anyone who asks for an apology.

BrilliantRain
Essence 8
Essence 8
Title: The City of Mod
Exalt: Alchemical
Fighting Style: Primordial-Machine Weaving
Artifact: Eye of Autochthon

26 Jun 2008, 11:54

Yeah the setting specific back story on these guys was pretty cool.

Mod Text is in Green

Do you have enough Tools, King of All Craftsmen?

Nizkateth
Essence 8
Essence 8
Topic Author

26 Jun 2008, 19:48

Glad you liked it!
:nizgrin:
She went out one day,
In a relative way,