Essence 2
Topic Author
Title: Lord of the Dance
Exalt: Dragon-Blooded
Fighting Style: Poisoned Tongue Technique

Whispering Rock

04 Sep 2011, 08:28

Hello all,

I've been lurking here for years (literally) now soaking up people's fiction and art so I thought I'd give something back.

What follows is a write up of a campaign that I never ran. I like thinking about stories and characters but I've never been very good at getting them down on paper nor at being organised enough to actually GM something, so instead I chose to write up this campaign idea as fiction. The flavour, I guess, is Exalted cum Harry Potter cum Battle Royale with a dash of Gunnerkrigg Court and Psychonauts (from which I pinched the name).

If you do take the time to read this, thank you! I'm interested to hear people's opinions on any part of what I've written as I'm hoping to improve my writing as I go (even re-reading the first few lines I put down a week or so ago I feel the need to go back and change them, but will resist for now) and your opinions will help me do that. Also, thanks to everyone who posted in Kalian's "Tools for Writers" thread, I found a lot of the advice in there to be very useful.

Please bear with this story, it may be a bit of a slow burn but I hope it pays off in the end. I have the first few chapters ready to post now and will post more as and when I write it.

(Mods, if you want to move this to Sagacious Writing of Intent feel free, I placed it here due to length)

Khell
Essence 2
Essence 2
Topic Author

Re: Whispering Rock

04 Sep 2011, 08:47

Ok, due to incompatibilities between my tab indentation and phpBB I'm just going to provide links to PDF copies of the work for now, let me know if this is a huge problem.

== Chapter One ==
== Chapter Two ==
== Chapter Three ==

Let me know if you have any problems accessing the documents.
Last edited by Khell on 29 May 2012, 17:12, edited 1 time in total.

Kailan
Essence 7
Essence 7
Title: Pattern Spider
Exalt: God
Fighting Style: I will nom your tasty paradox

04 Sep 2011, 22:26

I like what you have so far! Looking forward to more. :)
Text in red is modvoice.

(11:18:32 PM) Xanti: The Bronze Faction does not care about your stupid anathema feefees.

This signature was foretold... BY GYROMANCY.

emerald viper
Essence 2
Essence 2
Title: Changing Moon
Exalt: Lunar
Fighting Style: Dodge Charms

05 Sep 2011, 09:13

I really love how you make these two girls SO OBNOXIOUS. They definitely need at trip to a "fix your attitude" school. Interesting to see what happens next!

Khell
Essence 2
Essence 2
Topic Author

05 Sep 2011, 13:19

Hah whoops, they weren't supposed to be completely unlikeable! Never mind, they're there now so I'm sure they'll shape up soon... maybe...

Thanks both for reading and commenting. As a random bit of audience participation, if anyone has any ideas for trials the students could be put through at the Rock feel free to send them my way; I have a number of scenarios in mind to write up but I'm always open to new (evil) ideas!

emerald viper
Essence 2
Essence 2
Title: Changing Moon
Exalt: Lunar
Fighting Style: Dodge Charms

05 Sep 2011, 16:13

Oh, I don't think they're completely un-likeable. They're typical teenagers I suspect.

Khell
Essence 2
Essence 2
Topic Author

29 May 2012, 17:14

Long time no see folks. I'm afraid that I let this project die a little after the first two chapters; I started writing whilst on holiday and on having to return to work and normal life it fell by the wayside for so long I had difficulty picking it back up. However, I've now done so and have added Chapter Three to the listing above!

Please let me know what you think. I do intend to keep working on this, but won't try making any promises about when the next chapter will appear...